The biggest night in music — the Grammy Awards — took place on Feb. 8 and gave us plenty of amazing moments to talk about for weeks to come. Browse through our gallery and see our favorites, including Beyonce’s unforgettable performance, Kristen Wiig’s erratic dance, and more!
The 57th annual Grammy Awards lit up the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California on Feb. 8 — there were so many memorable moments! From Beyonce to Sam Smith, we loved seeing all of our favorite singers together under one roof.
Grammy Highlights — 2015 Grammy Awards Show’s Best Moments
Here are some of our favorite moments from the show (in no particular order):
1. Madonna set the tone for the night when she flashed her butt on the red carpet. (Those are some sexy glutes!)
2. Things got a bit awkward when Ed Sheeran (Taylor Swift‘s best friend) performed alongside John Mayer (Katy Perry‘s alleged boyfriend). Were the feuding singers OK with this matchup?
“Ed wanted to put on a performance with John because Ed thinks John is a musical genius and loved every minute of it,” an inside source told HollywoodLife.com exclusively. “He didn’t have any one else’s feelings in his mind setting this up, he just wanted to rock the Grammys stage, if Taylor hated it she will just have to get over it.”
3. Rihanna was suspiciously missing during President Barack Obama’s heartfelt (yet oddly placed) speech on domestic violence. Fans immediately began tweeting that perhaps it was because it was the 6 years to the day after Chris Brown assaulted her. (Awkward.)
4. Kristein Wiig, who doesn’t even sing, stole the show during Sia‘s performance of “Chandelier.” In a totally unexpected move, the Saturday Night Live vet wore Sia’s signature blonde wig and danced erratically on stage. It was pretty hilarious.
5. Sam Smith also gave a stunning performance when he teamed up with Mary J. Blige for his hit, “Stay With Me.”
6. We’re huge fans of Rihanna, Kanye West and Paul McCartney‘s new song “FourFiveSeconds,” so of course, we couldn’t leave their performance off our list. And Rihanna looked amazing.
7. Beyonce closed the night with a peaceful. yet powerful performance of “Take My Hand, Precious Lord.” Was it just us or did she look like an angel?
8. Lastly, and arguably one of the most memorable moments of the night belongs to Kanye West. During Beck‘s Album Of The Year win, the rapper nearly interrupted him in the same fashion he did to Taylor Swift at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards.
It was a great show, but there were way too many moments to pick just one as our favorite, so we’ll leave that up to YOU!
What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Overall, did you enjoy the Grammy Awards this year? Tell us your favorite moment in the comments section below!
— Chris Rogers