Sorry ladies, but Usher is officially off the market. ‘The Voice’ judge is set to wed his longtime girlfriend, Grace Miguel. We know you must be wondering, who this lucky lady is, so here are 5 things you need to know about Grace.
Usher, 36, realized after three years that he in fact does “like it,” so he put a ring on it. The couple was spotted at the 8th Annual HEAVEN Gala in Los Angeles, on Jan. 10, and Grace Miguel, 44, had a brand new accessory to her wardrobe, a giant, sparkling ring on her finger.
Usher’s Engaged: 5 Things To Know About His Fiancée
It looks like Usher’s hit song “U got it bad” has become his anthem. The singer is happily in love with Grace Miguel and her gigantic diamond ring proves it. But what was it about her that made Usher take the plunge? Here’s five things to know.
1) Grace and Usher have been together since 2009. That’s a long time in Hollywood years.
2) Grace is a cougar, she just so happens to be eight years older than her man. Usher is known to like older women, so no surprise there.
3) She isn’t just arm candy, Grace plays a huge role in Usher’s business life. She has been his manager for the past three years and has helped his career evolve. Grace was not shy about taking control, according to Page Six, she cleaned house. She urged Usher to get rid of his staff including stylists, choreographers and tour managers and replace them with her people.
4) Usher’s leading lady does in fact have a daughter. This didn’t phase Usher, who reportedly bought the teen girl a $12,000 puppy at a charity event. For that price, we hope that puppy can read and write.
5) Grace is Usher’s rock. The singer told Billboard, “She has helped me through some of the hardest times in my life and my career.” He went on to say, “She’s someone who’s been able to support and understand all of who I am.”
Now that’s the type of partner Usher needs. Hopefully, the pair continue to balance one another out as they venture on this new journey together!
What do you think, HollywoodLifers, are Usher and Grace a perfect match? Let us know.
— Brittany King