You might know Greer Grammer from her hilarious turn as Lissa on MTV’s ‘Awkward.’ But, now that the young starlet has been named Miss Golden Globe 2015, she’s about to become even more recognizable!
Greer Grammer, 22, snagged the honor of being named Miss Golden Globe 2015 — an annual title awarded by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association which serves as a sort of debutante ball for the lucky honoree. But, before she takes the stage to assist in the handing out the coveted Golden Globe Awards on Sun. Jan. 11, get to know Greer with these fun facts from HollywoodLife!
Greer Grammar: Miss Golden Globe 2015 — 5 Things To Know
1. The daughter of legendary comedic actor Kelsey Grammer, 59, Greer waited until the very last minute before the announcement to tell her father she’d been selected. “He’s not the best at keeping secrets sometimes, ” she revealed to Us magazine, “so I told him yesterday and he was so over the moon and so happy about it.”
2. Greer might be an actress now, but she actually got her start in beauty pageants — winning Miss Teen Malibu and placing top 10 in the Miss California Teen competitions. It’s not hard to see why, she’s gorgeous!
3. Her first name is actually Kandace — but with both her middle name and her last name starting with the letter “G”, it just has a better ring, don’t you agree?
4. Her older sister is 31-year-old Spencer Grammer, who is also an actress that starred on Lifetime’s Greek from 2007 to 2011.
5. Greer’s got beauty AND brains. Even though she’s an actress on MTV’s Awkward, she is also currently wrapping up her degree in theater from the University of Southern California.
With Awkward coming to a close soon and the Golden Globes serving as her formal debut to Hollywood, we might just see more of Greer on the big screen sometime soon!
HollywoodLifers, are you excited to see Greer take the red carpet and the stage at the Golden Globes? Comment below!
— Rivea Ruff