Miss South Africa, Rolene Strauss, took home the title of Miss World 2014 on Dec. 14 and we couldn’t be happier! But who exactly is she? Find out everything you need to know about the 22-year-old beauty queen!
Miss South Africa, Rolene Strauss, was crowned as Miss World 2014 at the competition’s grand final at the Excel London ICC Auditorium on Dec. 14. The 22-year-old beauty queen is a sight for sore eyes, but she’s also so much more!
Miss World 2014: Miss South Africa Wins — Rolene Strauss Facts
Here’s a list of everything you need to know about Rolene:
1. Rolene is the daughter of a doctor and a nurse, according to E! Online.
2. She is a fourth-year medical student, but put her studies on hold to compete.
3. Interestingly, her childhood dreams were to become Miss South Africa, Miss World and study medicine.
4. She’s currently enrolled at the University of the Free State in Bloemfontein, according to her Wikipedia page.
5. She is the third South African woman to win the Miss World pageant.
Rolene Strauss Faced Steep Competition
Rolene competed with 121 other contestants for the title this year, E! Online notes. She, along with the other beauty queens, wore a colorful costume to represent her country and territory.
After Miss South Africa was crowned the winner, the rest of the contestants were treated to a dance party, featuring a performance of “Party Rock Anthem” by LMFAO.
The two runners-up were Miss Hungary Edina Kulcsár and Miss United States Elizabeth Safrit.
What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Are you happy Miss South Africa won Miss World 2014? Vote and tell us how you feel!