This major character may have died heroically on the Dec. 7 midseason finale of ‘Revenge,’ but I think the writers made a huge mistake by killing off this person! Find out why.
I’ll give credit where credit is due — Revenge knows how to shock its viewers. Plus, it’s always nice when the writers aren’t afraid to kill off a main character. But I’m so incredibly upset over the death on the Dec. 7 midseason finale. This time, the writers made a huge mistake!
‘Revenge’: Daniel Killed In Midseason Finale — Why He Shouldn’t Have Died
In case you missed the midseason finale, Daniel Grayson (Josh Bowman) was killed while trying to save Emily (Emily VanCamp). I’m super sad over it, so I created a list of five reasons why I feel Daniel shouldn’t have died. Check them out below!
1. Daniel and Emily were just starting to reconnect. They may have had their differences — heck, he once shot her in the abdomen after finding out she faked her pregnancy — but in recent weeks, they started having honest talks with each other. For the first time, in a long time, I started liking Daniel again. And while I wasn’t sure if they were endgame to me, I did have hopes of a romantic reunion. Sadly, that will never happen.
2. Daniel has a baby on the way. Poor Baby Grayson. Margaux recently revealed she’s carrying Daniel’s baby, and now, that little bundle of joy will never meet his (or her) father. It makes me even more sad to know that Daniel was excited to become a daddy.
3. Daniel never got to say goodbye to Charlotte. A few weeks ago, Charlotte left the Hamptons and headed to a rehab facility. However, she didn’t leave before telling Daniel the truth about Emily (that she’s really Amanda Clarke). Unfortunately, that is the last conversation they ever had. I certainly hope Daniel’s death doesn’t affect her sobriety.
4. There’s no longer a love triangle. During season one, Emily, Jack and Daniel found themselves in a twisted little love triangle. I understand that storyline took a backseat when Aiden and Amanda entered the picture, but I always had a feeling that Emily and Jack were/are endgame. So I assumed that their love triangle would come back into play when the series starts wrapping up. But with Aiden and Daniel both dead, I can now only imagine Emily ending up with Jack. There’s no one left (aside from Jack) who’s worthy of Emily’s affection. And don’t even get me started about Ben.
5. Daniel was way too hot to die. Let’s face it — he was a hot piece of a**. Gone are the days of him frolicking around his hotel room half naked, or jumping in the shower, covered in nothing but his chest hair.
Writers, why did you kill him?!
What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Are you shocked that Daniel died?! Tell us how you feel!
— Chris Rogers