Heading to a holiday party, a wedding or a formal dance? Do you need a sexy chic look? Well, we have easy steps to makeover your every day hair and makeup for your big night out!
HollywoodLife’s very own Editor-in-Chief, Bonnie Fuller and her daughter Sofia, needed an elegant look for a wedding and GLAMSQUAD delivered. But don’t worry HollywoodLifers, you don’t need a professional glam team to get their look — just follow the easy steps below!
Steps For Bonnie’s Sophisticated Glamorous Look
GLAMSQUAD Creative Director, Giovanni Vaccaro, recommends that before drying, massaging Kerastase Mousse Bouffant into your hair before drying,and then finishing with Kerastase Lacque Couture. See stylist Nina Aprile‘s, work below!
1) Pre-dry hair until it is rid of excess moisture.
2) Set aside a large rectangular section where your part lies no wider than the width of your large velcro rollers.
3) Leave that section for later and start by sectioning off the bottom of the hair no thicker than the width of your brush.
4) Brush and blowdry the hair back and forth with a round brush, working your way up to the crown section.
5) Wrap your hair in the section you left for later, in the velcro roller in the direction you dried it and secure with a pin curl clip, setting for at least 15 minutes before taking it down.
6) Flip your head over, finger through hair to break up the lines you made with your rollers and finish with a spray.
Now HollywoodLifers you’re ready for makeup. GLAMSQUAD MUA Bryan wanted to do an “amped up version of The Exec” for Bonnie, with a natural plum eye, winged liner and satin skin.
1) Start by applying a water-based foundation followed by a long-wearing concealer for added coverage (MAC Pro-Longwear Concealer).
2) Prime eyelids and apply a dusting of brown-based purple shadows.
3) Apply black liquid liner at the lash base and slightly winged at the edge for added drama.
4) Fill in the eyebrows using an angled brush and powder shadow.
5) Finish skin with a mineral powder and soft wash of pink on the cheek (MAC Dainty Blush).
6) Complete the look with Patisserie MAC lipstick.
Steps For Sofia’s Classy Chic Look
Hair Prep for her Fishtail And Chignon Bun
For products, Giovanni recommends using Kerestase V.I.P. Backcomb effect finishing spray in the roots and Kerastase Lacque Couture hair spray for hold.
1) Rough-dry hair and wrap 1-2″ sections around a curling iron in different directions for added wave and texture.
2) Part the hair to one side and set it aside for the braid.
3) Tease the crown of your head for volume.
4) Alternating sides, twist 2″ sections and pin them into a loose chignon.
5) Fishtail the section you set aside, secure with an elastic and pull apart to loosen up for added texture. Tuck the elastic under the chignon and secure with a pin. Finish with hair spray (Kerastase Lacque Couture).
As for her stunning makeup, GLAMSQUAD MUA Shawnte created a custom evening look.
1) Start by prepping skin with Laura Mercier primer followed by NARS Sheer Glow foundation for a flawless complexion.
2) For that sultry, smoky eye, apply a lighter charcoal shadow on the lid, followed by darker charcoal shades close to the eye to create dimension.
3) Line the top and bottom lashes with dark liner and finish by adding a soft full false lash.
4) Bronze and contour skin using NARS dark deep powder.
5) For lips, blend MAC Soar lipliner with NARS Giza lip gloss.
— Brittany King