Monica Belluci will star in the 24th installment of the James Bond franchise, ‘Spectre.’ But who exactly is she? We’ve made a list of everything you need to know about the new ‘Bond’ girl!
Monica Belluci was named as one of the newest additions to the James Bond franchise on Dec. 4. She’ll star alongside Bond himself, Daniel Craig, as well as Ralph Fiennes, Naomie Harris, Rory Kinnear, Ben Whishaw, Lea Seydoux and Christoph Waltz in the 24th installment of the franchise, titled Spectre. But who exactly is Monica, also known as the new Bond girl? Here’s what we know!
Monica Belluci Cast In James Bond 24 ‘Spectre’: 5 Things About The New ‘Bond’ Girl
1. At 50 years old, Monica becomes the oldest Bond girl to grace the screen in the franchise. Previously, Honor Blackman, who was 39 when she played Pussy Galore in 1964’s Goldfinger, held that title, according to the Daily Mail.
2. Monica was almost cast as Paris Carver in 1997’s Tomorrow Never Dies. Unfortunately, the role went to Desperate Housewives star Teri Hatcher.
3. Monica will play Lucia Sciarra in Spectre.
4. Monica was born an only child of Brunella Briganti and Pasquale Bellucci, and she grew up in San Giustino, Italy. She began modeling at 13, while her acting career began in the ’90s.
5. She’s currently single. The model/actress married French actor Vincent Cassel in 1999, and they have two daughters together. However, Monica and Vincent announced their separation in August 2013.
Monica sounds like the perfect person to play opposite Daniel Craig. They’re both sexy in their own right!
What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Are you excited for Spectre? Do you think Monica is a total fox? Tell us how you feel!
— Chris Rogers