Kylie Jenner took to Instagram to show off her bigger-than-ever lips on Nov. 20. There are actually a few makeup tricks to make your pout appear bigger — read our expert tips below!
Even though the multiple plastic surgeons we interviewed said Kylie Jenner, 17, probably had lip injections, we don’t know for sure. Her lips do appear bigger, but that could be from her expertly-applied lip liner and lipstick! Find out these makeup artist’s tricks right here!
Kylie Jenner’s Lips — How To Fake It With Makeup
LORAC National Artist Dean Fournier tells HollywoodLife.com EXCLUSIVELY:
“The Kardashians have spawned many makeup trends over the years, but this one I can actually get behind (stop it with the heavy contouring ladies; that’s for drag queens and photo shoots). The jury is still out on whether or not Kylie had lip injections — but one thing is clear: she is using the magic of makeup to give herself an even fuller pout. Bravo sister!
To achieve this look you will need two products in similar colors: a lip liner (in a slightly deeper color) and a cream or light matte lipstick (in a slightly lighter color). The combination of deeper liner/lighter lipstick is very ’90s inspired. So the key to making this look modern and not retro (a la Pam Anderson in Baywatch) is to pick a lip liner and lipstick that are very close in color, not drastically different. For example, a deep burgundy lip liner with a medium cranberry/burgundy lipstick.
1) Make sure area around lips is concealed and lightly powdered. This will help with the wear and prevent bleeding.
2) Line the lips starting slightly above the Cupid’s bow and the same for the center of bottom lip. Continue to over draw slightly on the sides, then make sure you get back to your natural lip line before lining the corners of your mouth — this will prevent you from looking clownish.
3) Fill in the lip line you just created with the lip liner. Soften the center by running your finger gently across your lips a few times.
4) Apply the lipstick with a heavy hand in the center of the lips first. Then, use a lip brush to blend the lipstick over the drawn out lip line. If you coat the lipstick too heavily over the drawn out lip line it could bleed.
If you want to take it to the next level you can always lightly apply an even lighter lipstick (in the same color family) on the center of your lips.”
Check out Dean doing a video tutorial on Taylor Swift‘s perfect holiday makeup right here!
More Expert Tips To Get Kylie Jenner’s Lips
Pierre Michel makeup artist Katherine Dorn tells HollywoodLife.com her top tips:
“What you’ll need — concealer, powder, lip liner that closely matches your skin tone, a lipstick that matches the lip liner, & a gloss for a shiny look!
Step 1: Make sure your lips are moisturized with lip balm! Let absorb. Blend your concealer around the outer part of your lips (this is to disguise your natural border).
Step 2: Apply powder to set concealer.
Step 3: Now to build the lip shape — with a fine tipped liner outline above the border of your lips (tip: the further out you go the larger your lips appearance will be).
Step 4: Apply lipstick – you can use a lip brush to blend the lipstick and liner.
Step 5: If you don’t want a matte look, apply a gloss on in the center of your lips & now you’re ready to rock that pout!”
Would you try these tips to make your lips look bigger like Kylie, HollywoodLifers?
— Dory Larrabee-Zayas
More Kylie Jenner News:
- Kylie Jenner Shows Off Big Unmade-Up Lips After Plastic Surgery Rumors
- Kylie Jenner: How Her Family Feels About Her Plumped Up Lips
- Kylie Jenner Lashes Out On Twitter: Stop Talking About My Lips