Actress Lucy DeCoutere is the first to step forward and reveal her identity as one of the eight women accusing CBC Radio host Jian Ghomeshi of sexual assault.
CBC Radio host Jian Ghomeshi, 47, was fired on Oct. 26 amid allegations of sexual abuse. While Jian blamed the CBC’s discrimination of what he claimed was simply a BDSM lifestyle, eight women have now come forward with their own claims of sexual assault. All of the women chose to remain anonymous until now — actress Lucy DeCoutere, 44, has bravely decided to tell her story.
Lucy DeCoutere: Jian Ghomeshi Sexually Abused Me — CBC Host Under Investigation
“He did take me by the throat and press me against the wall and choke me,” Lucy told CBC radio show The Current. “And he did slap me across the face a couple of times.
“He did not ask if I was into it. It was never a question. It was shocking to me. The men I have spent time with are loving people,” she said.
Lucy and Jian first met at the Banff Television Festival in 2003; the two exchanged pleasantries and contact info, and met up again when she was in Toronto not long after. They had dinner, and went back to his place. That was when the totally not consensual abuse allegedly took place.
“When it came from smooching to smacking, there was no build-up. I didn’t tell him to stop because I was so surprised, I was really gobsmacked.
“I didn’t leave right away… I felt like if I left it would be impolite, which is crazy.”
Jian Ghomeshi Has Been Accused Of Sexual Abuse By Eight Women So Far
Lucy is not the only woman to make shocking claims, though she is the only one to put her name to the allegations. Jian, even removed from his position, is a pretty powerful force in Canadian media with a lot of supporters.
As one woman anonymously revealed to the Toronto Star, Jian allegedly threw her forcefully against a wall; she eventually performed oral sex “to get out of there.” The woman in question is in her mid-20s, and an employee of the CBC; she was too afraid to accuse Jian because she “felt like Jian was CBC god.”
The CBC are actively investigating at least one case of sexual abuse, in which Jian allegedly told a female co-worker that he wanted to “hate f**k” her.
Jian claimed in a Facebook post following his firing that he is the target of a “jilted ex-girlfriend” a “freelance writer” out to get him. He believes that the CBC fired him unlawfully, and he is suing for a whopping $55 million for defamation and breach of trust.
Lucy’s claims and the claims of the aforementioned anonymous woman are only the tip of the iceberg. For more, see the claims of the “freelance writer” of which Jian speaks, and see also the claim made by one woman who alleges that he choked her with a belt. Furthermore, two women have stepped forward alleging that Jian has a teddy bear that he turned to face away from their activities.
HollywoodLifers, what do you think about Lucy’s claims? Do you think that Jian will really be awarded $55 million? Let us know.
— Amanda Michelle Steiner