So sad. A new report claims that Skye McCole Bartusiak, the young actress who starred in ‘The Patriot’ alongside of Mel Gibson died from an accidental overdose on July 19.
Such upsetting news. Skye McCole Bartusiak, passed away in her Texas home on July 19 at the young age of 21, but a new report claims that her tragic death was due to an, “accidental mix of pain killers and muscle relaxers.”
Skye McCole Bartusiak Death — New Report Claims Accidental Overdose
Such a tragedy. TMZ reports that the young actress passed away from an, “accidental mix of pain killers and muscle relaxers.” The site also reports that huffing may have also been a factor.
The site reports that, “According to the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences, the primary cause of death was the combined toxic effects of hydrocodone — typically Vicodin — and difluoroethane with carisoprodol. Difluoroethane is a colorless gas used as a refrigerant, something huffed to get a high. Carisoprodol is a muscle relaxer.”
The actress was best known for playing Mel Gibson‘s young daughter in the 2000 film, The Patriot when she was just 7-years-old.
Skye McCole Bartusiak: Expert Reveals What Could Have Caused Her Death
As HollywoodLife.com previously reported, the young actress suffered from seizures before her death, and experts speculated that it could have factored into her untimely death.
Dr. Dexter Sun, M.D., Ph.D., who is the Clinical Associate Professor of Neurology at New York Presbyterian Hospital & Hospital For Special Surgery Cornell University Weill Medical College told HollywoodLife.com exclusively what could have caused her seizures.
“Some seizure types only occur within a specific age range,” he said. “While other types are life-long. Some seizures may reoccur due to specific triggers, including environmental changes and toxic-metabolic issues. Seizures or epileptic attacks are classified into 2 main groups: generalized onset seizures and partial onset seizures.”
“Possible causes of seizures include brain damage sustained in infancy, head trauma, cerebral vascular accidents, excessive alcohol consumption or alcohol withdrawal, use of epileptogenic medications, and misuse of anticonvulsant drugs,” Dr. Dexter Sun revealed.
Our thoughts go out to Skye’s family and loved ones during this difficult time.
— Caitlin Beck