Now this is something to have some RESPECT for! On Sept. 29, Aretha Franklin took the stage on the ‘Late Show with David Letterman’ and performed a cover that absolutely blew our minds!
We’re used to hearing others do Aretha Franklin covers — but this time the powerful singer took on another one of our favorite singers: Adele. During a performance on the Late Show with David Letterman, Aretha, 72, stunned the audience by performing a cover of the 2010 hit, “Rolling in the Deep.” Listen to it here!
Aretha Franklin Covers Adele
There’s not much to say besides “wow” after watching this performance! Aretha hit the stage on Sept. 29, belting out the hit and changing it just enough to still keep its classic sound. She incorporating the chorus from the Motown classic “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough,” which was definitely a unique song!
She performed the hit to promote her new album, Aretha Franklin Sings the Great Diva Classics, which will be out October 21st on RCA Records. “Rolling in the Deep” is the first single.
Here’s the full tracklist:
1. “At Last” (Etta James Cover)
2. “Rolling In The Deep” (Adele Cover)
3. “Midnight Train To Georgia” (Gladys Knight and The Pips Cover)
4. “I Will Survive” (Gloria Gaynor Cover)
5. “People” (Barbra Streisand Cover)
6. “No One” (Alicia Keys Cover)
7. “I’m Every Woman” (Chaka Khan Cover) / “Respect”
8. “Teach Me Tonight” (Dinah Washington Cover)
9. “You Keep Me Hangin’ On” (The Supremes Cover)
10. “Nothing Compares 2 U” (Sinéad O’Connor Cover)
HollywoodLifers, are you obsessed with the cover like we are? Do you like Aretha’s version as much as Adele’s? Do you like it better? Let us know!
— Emily Longeretta