In the day in age when ‘Selfie’ is recognizable enough of a word to have a show named after it, you know that Generation Y needs a crash course in face-to-face communication. That’s exactly what ABC’s new sitcom hilariously establishes: less social media and more socializing.
Selfie is the ultimate modern-day rom com. At a time when most millennials are swiping, rather than actually dating, it’s refreshing to see the harsh truth play out on screen, and it doesn’t hurt that it’s laugh-out-loud funny. Here are 10 reasons why the pilot will literally make you LOL.
‘Selfie’: 10 Reasons Why The Pilot Will Make You LOL!
Karen Gillan plays Eliza Dooley. No, you’re not crazy — it’s supposed to sound like Eliza Doolittle because ABC’s sitcom is a new take on the hopeless chick who maybe has hope to become something better.
It’s unclear is Eliza will ever get past her self-obsessed social media way of life with the help of her very own Henry Higgins (John Cho), but one thing’s for sure: no matter how hopeless she is, she’s hilarious.
Here are 10 things Eliza says that’ll make you LOL at Selfie.
1. “I just needed to GIF my way through this.”
2. “My new boyfriend is someone else’s husband.”
3. “I barfed all over my Louboutins.”
4. “When Siri is the only person who’s there for you, it kind of makes you realize, being friended isn’t the same thing as having friends.”
5. “Hashtag the struggle.” (Yes, she actually says hashtag)
6. “All the girls I knew were either drunk or at SoulCycle.”
7. “I might get thousands of likes and retweets and favorites, but it’s entirely possible that no one will ever look at me the way Terrance was looking at her.” (At her coworkers wedding.)
8. “I was done socializing and back to social networking.”
9. “I get all of my news from BuzzFeed.”
10. And lastly, Eliza doesn’t say this, but she does it: plays Snake. Yep, that Snake. (The OG of cell phone obsessions.)
Selfie premieres Tuesday, Sept. 30 (8/7c) on ABC.
HollywoodLifers, will you be tuning into Selfie? Let us know if you think this will be your fave new comedy of the season!
— Elizabeth Wagmeister
More TV News:
- ‘Once Upon A Time’: Kristoff Teases A ‘Frozen’ Spinoff
- ‘Revenge’: Victoria Grayson Begs Emily Thorne For Forgiveness
- ‘‘How To Get Away With Murder’: Viola Davis – Annalise Is ‘A Mess’