Famed NASCAR driver, Tony Stewart is ready to move on after he was cleared of all charges following the Aug. 9, on-track death of fellow sprint-car driver, Kevin Ward Jr.
Tony Stewart, 43, has been cleared of all criminal charges in the on-track death of 20-year-old driver, Kevin Ward Jr. and is ready to move forward with his life and put the tragic accident in the past. HollywoodLife.com learned EXCLUSIVELY that Tony, “will never ever forget the incident,” but is on the road to healing!
Tony Stewart Charges — His Future Plans Revealed
Tony was cleared of all criminal charges on Sept. 24, and a source revealed exclusively to HollywoodLife.com, “Tony is beyond relieved that this nightmare is over when it comes to having charges cleared, but he will never ever forget the incident and what it has done to so many people’s lives including himself.”
“He really is trying to move on from it as best as he can but it still will be something that he must carry for the rest of his life,” our source revealed. “It has been such a whirlwind for him but all he can do now is pray for the family and hope they can heal as time goes by and realize it was a terrible accident and nothing more.”
It sounds like Tony is taking the right steps to put the tragic incident behind him.
Tony Stewart Cleared Of All Charges By Grand Jury
As HollywoodLife.com previously reported, Tony was cleared of all charges after there was talk that he intentionally veered and hit Kevin on purpose.
Sports News reported that Ontario County District Attorney Michael Tantillo announced after the Grand Jury made it’s decision, “We have no basis to charge Tony Stewart with any crime.”
The site also claimed that, “Tantillo also said that toxicology reports showed that Ward was under the influence of marijuana during the race and that the levels were enough to impair his judgment.”
On Sept. 16, it was announced that the Grand jury would be looking into the case. CBS reported that after hearing about the continued investigation Tony said, “I look forward to this process being completed, and I will continue to provide my full cooperation.”
Our thoughts continue to go out to Kevin’s family and loved ones during this extremely difficult time.
What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Do you think it is time for Tony to move on? Let us know your thoughts below!
— Written by Caitlin Beck, Reporting by Russ Weakland