Good news for Justin Bieber! The notorious bad boy’s assault charges stemming from a Dec. 30, incident with a limo driver in Toronto, Canada have been dropped, reportedly because there was, ‘no reasonable prospect of conviction.’
Sept. 8, is Justin Bieber‘s lucky day! The 20-year-old heart-throb was cleared of his criminal assault charges in Toronto Canada, stemming from an altercation he had with a limo driver on Dec. 30! Read below for all the details!
Justin Bieber Assault Charges Dropped
The Toronto Star reported that, ”after reviewing surveillance video, the 911 call and police interviews with all witnesses “who were willing to speak to them,” the Crown determined there was not enough evidence to proceed to trial.”
Reuters said that, Brendan Crawley, a spokesperson for the Ontario Attorney General’s office said in an email, “After completing a thorough review and, in consultation with the police, the Crown determined that there was no reasonable prospect of conviction. Accordingly, the charge against Mr. Bieber was withdrawn.”
Justin was not the only one who was happy with the news! His lawyer, Brian Greenspan told the site, “Quite frankly it’s our belief no one assaulted the driver. That may be a continuing debate. Our position is no one associated with Mr. Bieber came into any illegal contact with the driver.” He also added that he does not have any criticisms for the police officers, who were just following up on a complaint.
As HollywoodLife.com previously reported, the Toronto Police said in a statement:
It is alleged that:
– on Monday, December 30, 2013 at approximately 2:50 a.m., a limousine picked up a group of six people outside a nightclub in the Peter Street and Adelaide Street West area.
– while driving the group to a hotel, an altercation occurred between one of the passengers and the driver of the limousine
– in the course of the altercation, a man struck the limousine driver on the back of the head several times
– the driver stopped the limousine, exited the vehicle and called police
– the man who struck him left the scene before police arrived
On Wednesday, January 29, 2014, Justin Bieber, 19, of Calabasas, California, surrendered to police at 52 Division. He is facing the following charge:
He is scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall on Monday, March 10, 2014, 11 a.m., room 111.
Justin Bieber ATV Assault
While one of Justin’s legal battles may be over, the singer was arrested on Aug. 29, in Perth County Ontario after his atv crashed into a mini van.
A source close to Justin revealed to HollywoodLife.com EXCLUSIVELY that the collision was with a member of the paparazzi, who had been following him. Justin’s camp had no comment.
Before the arrest, Justin was photographed riding an ATV with Selena Gomez, who he was on a romantic vacation with when he was arrested.
What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Should Justin have been charged with assault? Let us know your thoughts below!
— Caitlin Beck