Joan passed away, Sept. 4, and it was devastating news to all of her friends, family and fans around the world. We wanted to take a moment to remember the immense joy and laughter that she brought to millions of people by taking a look back at some of her most famous jokes.
Joan Rivers died at the age of 81, Sept. 4, while surrounded by family and friends at Mt. Sinai Hospital in New York City. Her daughter Melissa Rivers released a statement announcing that her mother “passed away peacefully at 1:17pm.” Our hearts go out to the comedian’s friends and family at this time and the world will never be the same without her humor and wit. Let’s take a look back at some of her most famous jokes.
Joan Rivers — The Comedian’s Most Famous Jokes
The legendary comedian was always making people laugh. Whether it was on her hit E! show, Fashion Police or on Joan & Melissa: Joan Knows Best?
1. It’s been so long since I made love, I can’t remember who gets tied up.
2. I like colonic irrigation because sometimes you find old jewellery.
3. I was just reading about the new Lindsay Lohan diet, which is all liquid. 80 proof.
4. My love life is like a piece of Swiss cheese. Most of it’s missing, and what’s there stinks.
5. I’ve worked with Angelina Jolie. She saw a sign that said ”WET FLOOR” one time, and she did.
6. I had a cold and my doctor recommended coffee enemas. I can never go back to Starbucks…
7. I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw that my bath toys were a toaster and a radio.
8. I said to my husband, “Why don’t you call out my name when we’re making love?” He said, “I don’t want to wake you up.”
9. I hate thin people; “Oh, does this tampon make me look fat?”
10. I have no sex appeal, which kills me. The only way I can ever hear heavy breathing from my husband’s side of the bed is when he’s having an asthma attack.
11. I was the last girl in Larchmont, NY to get married. My mother had a sign up: ‘Last Girl Before Freeway.’
12. I have so little sex appeal my gynecologist calls me “sir”.
13. I have so little sex appeal my gynecologist examines me by telephone.
Melissa Rivers Releases Sad Statement
Melissa released a statement regarding the death of her mother and it was incredibly sad:
It is with great sadness that I announce the death of my mother, Joan Rivers. She passed peacefully at 1:17pm surrounded by family and close friends. My son and I would like to thank the doctors, nurses, and staff of Mount Sinai Hospital for the amazing care they provided for my mother. Cooper and I have found ourselves humbled by the outpouring of love, support, and prayers we have received from around the world. They have been heard and appreciated. My mother’s greatest joy in life was to make people laugh. Although that is difficult to do right now, I know her final wish would be that we return to laughing soon.
Joan and the laughter she brought the world will be deeply missed.
— Chloe Melas
More Joan Rivers News:
- Joan Rivers Dead — Melissa Rivers Releases Statement
- Joan Rivers Being Kept ‘Comfortable’ Says Source
- ‘Fashion Police’ Canceled After Joan Rivers In The Hospital