Katy Perry Disses Fifth Harmony After Their First VMA Win — Watch Gif

Tue, August 26, 2014 5:13pm EST by 35 Comments
Getty/Courtesy of MTV

Gg

Posted at 4:32 PM on December 11, 2014

Fifth harmony are sh^t everyone knows it

Belle

Posted at 3:28 AM on November 18, 2014

It’s hardly a diss. She just has the balls to say what everyone’s thinking. They don’t deserve that award. They literally have to bribe their fans with snippets of music videos for votes on awards. Wat the hell kind of a band does that? Who even are they?

haynae

Posted at 4:58 PM on October 18, 2014

Katy didn’t diss them,she just said out loud what everyone was thinking.Besides,Fifth Harmony has released what..3 songs?The only reason they won is because their about 1-2 million fans kept voting non-stop.They haven’t done anything truly remarkable in the music business and that’s the reason why most of the audience don’t know who they are.
Miss Movin On is their only good song so far,whereas Boss and Me&My Girls are geared towards tweens.They do have potential to be good but they have to fire the people who write their lyrics.

just me

Posted at 12:34 PM on September 17, 2014

she is so jealous, over everybody, that’s so sad

Angelica Brown

Posted at 4:59 PM on September 9, 2014

Fifth Harmony totally deserved that award!! They have been doing amazing things since their time on the X Factor & they even have an album coming out this fall!

abc annapurna trek nepal

Posted at 7:55 AM on September 9, 2014

Hey! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any problems
with hackers? My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up
losing several weeks of hard work due to no back up.
Do you have any solutions to prevent hackers?

Truffs

Posted at 8:56 PM on August 28, 2014

Katy was only asking what I was asking as I watched, who is this fifth harmony as I’ve never heard of them prior to the VMAs lol

Victoria

Posted at 2:00 AM on August 28, 2014

Katy Perry definitely don’t diss them. She was just saying what we are all thinking … Who? I saw their opening performance on the red carpet and I thought “LOL, we’ll never hear from them again. That was the worst song I’ve ever heard”. Then, they won an award. I was confused. I’d never heard of them before the VMAs

Nathan

Posted at 12:31 AM on August 27, 2014

I still have no idea who Sam smith is.. I guess that’s why it was called the artists to watch category. If not for Boyce Avenue I wouldn’t know who fifth harmony was either though so…

Damn!

Posted at 12:19 PM on August 27, 2014

I watch GMA everyday and they always have the new and up and coming artists. That is how I know Sam Smith and 5th Harmony.

Shanas

Posted at 10:55 PM on August 27, 2014

Agree with you, if I haven’t watched the show I won’t know neither who Sam Smith is anyway on to another note congrats to Fifth Harmony on their win and many more to come. They are a really good girl group, waiting for Reflection to drop come November 17th.

kaitlyn coakley

Posted at 10:29 PM on September 19, 2014

i really agree they are a great girl group

Gwen

Posted at 9:45 PM on August 26, 2014

“And have since topped the charts with numerous hit singles?”

LOL in what universe? Their highest charting single didn’t even crack the Top 40.

BO$$AngieDBBR (@Angiedbbr)

Posted at 11:00 AM on August 27, 2014

Noooo, they’be been on top 40 for the last three weeks at least. Wake up. hehe

Milan

Posted at 11:54 AM on August 27, 2014

they topped in a lot of countries. I’m from outside america so I don’t know on US charts all I know is these girls are awesome.

Shanas

Posted at 11:03 PM on August 27, 2014

Yes, their songs have being top 10 in many countries, their EP Better Together was #6 on billboards album charts, #2 on Latin Album Charts and many more don’t diss if you don’t know and that just the EP I’m talking about, wait till their first album Reflection is released. Congrations to them on winning Artist to Watch which it is artist to watch because these girls are future success.

Alejandrina

Posted at 9:24 PM on August 26, 2014

Sorry I don´t know them

patricia clarke

Posted at 9:20 PM on August 26, 2014

i love fifth harmony but Katy perry didn’t diss fifth harmony

anonymosme

Posted at 8:56 PM on August 26, 2014

FIFTH HARMONY IS GREAT, LOVED THE X FACTOR.

Frank

Posted at 8:50 PM on August 26, 2014

I don’t know you can determine Katy said “who are they” by looking at a lip read that is mostly covered up by her hands. Lets get our facts straight. Putting that aside anyway, I know who Sam Smith is but don’t know 5th Harmony is. Does that make a diss?

Alejandrina

Posted at 10:05 PM on August 26, 2014

agree

Jasmine Escoe (@Jescoe3)

Posted at 8:40 PM on August 26, 2014

Katy perry shouldnt talk.. Cause i dont know how she even Won !!

Mary

Posted at 7:37 PM on August 26, 2014

i believe katy didnt knew who they were, good, now she knows…but if she was dissing them, then she shouldnt because they are 17-21 girls who know how to hit notes lol…not her case…

Alejandrina

Posted at 10:10 PM on August 26, 2014

I don´t know about the last part of your comment but that doesn´t change the fact that….. at least I don´t know them

john

Posted at 6:59 PM on August 26, 2014

why is that a diss, i dont know who those girls are either. Half of America probably knew who Sam Smith is rather than those girls…

Kiki

Posted at 6:57 PM on August 26, 2014

We were watching the VMA with a bunch of friends and nobody knew who this all girls band was. Not saying they are not talented (even if their music it’s not my cup of tea) or will not gain more success.

Jaime

Posted at 8:15 PM on August 26, 2014

That’s true… I don’t know who are they either (Until they won that VMA), they’re not that big yet. It’s not a diss.

Re

Posted at 12:56 AM on August 27, 2014

they’re not that big, but all the artists on this category are not that famous. I’m from Brazil and I know them since 2012, so they’re more famous than many other artists that have never cross a line to outside us. It’s just a matter of what you watch on tv, if you had watched X facter that year, you would know who they are. The same goes to others whom came out from tv shows such as idols or the voice.

Damn!

Posted at 6:32 PM on August 26, 2014

How is that dissing them when she just didn’t know who they were?
She asked. What’s wrong with that?
I’m sure she is very busy and can’t keep up with everything going on out there.
She wasn’t dissing them at all.

jezoebel

Posted at 6:13 PM on August 26, 2014

You call that a diss? I don’t know who Fifth Harmony are, either. Does that mean I just dissed them? Bonnie, seriously, get better writers.

dunjav2013

Posted at 6:10 PM on August 26, 2014

Reblogged this on dunjav.

Maxime

Posted at 6:07 PM on August 26, 2014

Firstly, I want to say that this is a really good article. You know your facts. (about Fifth Harmony) Secondly, i don’t think Katy dissed them. She was just curious, i think. The category was called “Artist To Watch”; an ( not very well-know) artist you should pay attation to this year and in the future. It’s possible she didn’t know them yet but she knows who they are now ;)
By the way, I really love the message Fifth Harmony wants to spread and I’m excited for their album, “Reflection”, to come out in November.

shay

Posted at 6:04 PM on August 26, 2014

When they win that Grammy before her she’ll know who they are….

Stop

Posted at 6:20 PM on August 26, 2014

They are never going to win a Grammy. Neither is Katy but neither are they.

BeEtLjOoZ

Posted at 5:19 PM on August 26, 2014

Reblogged this on #Louisiana World Network | LouisianaWorld.Net | BattleOfOurTimes.Com and commented:
#Drama