‘AGT’ Recap: The Competition Heats Up In Round One Of The Semi-Finals

Tue, August 26, 2014 11:06pm EDT by 7 Comments
Courtesy of NBC

Kelly H

Posted at 1:42 PM on August 27, 2014

it’s time for Ariel Animations to go – it’s basically a one-trick pony – same thing every time and it’s getting old. Also, it’s the same song for the background music, at least change up the song a bit.

Steve

Posted at 10:09 AM on August 27, 2014

Although I do think his final act before being sent home was definitely his weakest, I’m actually glad Mike Super came back as Howie’s wildcard. A lot of people hate on the guy because of his Desmond routine (which I’ll admit on AGT definitely slows him down) but aside from the fact that I’ve met him several times and he’s a great guy in person, he’s a great performer and his act really is dazzling, perfect for a Vegas show.

Bryan

Posted at 12:09 PM on August 27, 2014

It’s wayyyyyy too obvious how he does his tricks. You shouldn’t need to have any extra knowledge of magic to see how he does his simple, obvious tricks, and he’s well below the quality of magicians performing in larger shows. He’s also got no charisma and doesn’t compare to the showmanship of the average street performer.

Hint (don’t read if you don’t want the act spoiled): that camera angle from behind the red blanket was not live, and he was never under the red blanket. He ran around during that time, and just waited at the back to see which shape a judge picked. Sorry, but it was super obvious.

sallyinmi

Posted at 12:59 PM on August 27, 2014

And just how did he arrange for the audience to have the correct symbols on their hands? I thought he was great., and I enjoy his stage presence much more than the other two guys with the nail in the bag stunt. They talk too much.

D

Posted at 8:10 AM on August 27, 2014

I am enjoying this seasons so much. Thanks judges!

Steve

Posted at 11:12 PM on August 26, 2014

You must not have watched the show…from what I saw besides Heidi all the judges loved Natuman!

sallyinmi

Posted at 1:03 PM on August 27, 2014

I didn’t love Naturman…I found him very boring last night. I also don’t like the 12 year old singer…too dramatic and too forced; she is going to ruin her voice. Shame on her parents for encouraging this at this age. I did like the SOS group a lot. Very controlled, just gorgeous sounds. And Miguel will go on because he’s cute. The jump ropers are good, but so not a Vegas act…they’ll get on the minor league baseball circuit. Same with all the hand balancers…not headliners. It’s why vocalists win this…who wants to want dancers for an hour, or acrobats, or jump roping? Singers can change things up. Same with good comedians.