Iggy is no stranger to taking beauty risks and her MTV VMAs look on Aug. 24 was no exception! The stunning singer totally pulled off the slicked back hair trend, and a gorgeous, natural makeup look to boot!
This is definitely the year of Iggy Azalea! Not only has the 24-year-old Australian rapper skyrocketed to success as a musical artist, but she’s also become a major style and beauty icon! Iggy made another bold beauty move on Aug. 24 by rocking this sleek, fashion-forward hairstyle to the MTV VMAs in Los Angeles. Find out how YOU can get her look after the jump!
Iggy Azalea’s MTV Video Music Awards Hair & Makeup — Get Her Slicked Back Hair
Iggy showed off her glamorous side at the VMAs, sporting a smooth, slicked back hairstyle that perfectly complimented her stunning silver Versace gown.
Celebrity stylist Sami Knight created the rapper’s flawless ‘do, which looked amazing on both the red carpet and the stage. Follow these simple steps to achieve Iggy’s glam hairstyle:
1. Spray Herbal Essences Tea-Lightfully Clean Blow Dry Prep Mist on freshly washed hair from root to tip.
2. Work Herbal Essences Naked Volumizing Soufflé at the roots to add a boost of volume.
3. Section the hair and blow dry each section smooth with a paddle brush.
4. Take the top section and blow dry smooth with a round brush to create more volume.
5. Lightly tease underneath the top section with a tail comb for extra fullness.
6. Then, take a soft brush and sweep the top section back away from the face.
7. Finish with look the Herbal Essences Body Envy Volumizing.
8. Hairspray to lock in the lift with a boost of body.
We can’t wait to try this out at home!
Iggy Azalea’s Makeup At The VMAs
Iggy’s slicked back hair perfectly showcased her flawless features, which is why we were so glad that she opted for a minimal makeup look.
Iggy rocked an understated cat eye, long, luscious lashes and pretty pink lip gloss, allowing her natural beauty to shine through. We love everything about her beauty look!
How about YOU, HollywoodLifers? Will you try Iggy’s slicked back hairstyle? Let us know!
— Tierney McAfee