The biggest night in television — the Primetime Emmy Awards on August 25 — brought plenty of awesome moments that we’ll remember for a long time to come. Browse through our gallery and see our favorites! Then, tell us: what was YOUR favorite part of the show?
The 66th annual Primetime Emmy Awards lit up the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles, California on Aug. 25, and there were so many memorable moments! From Seth Meyers to Billy Crystal, we loved seeing all of our favorite TV stars.
Emmy Awards Show Highlights — The 2014 Emmys’ Best Moments
Here are some of our favorite moment from the show (in no particular order):
1. Robin William Tribute: The In Memoriam segment was dedicated to the late Robin Williams. Billy Crystal spoke about his life with Robin, reminiscing on their happy memories together. “It’s very hard to talk about him in the past because he was so present in all of our lives for almost 40 years,” Billy told the crowd. “He was the brightest star in the comedy galaxy.”
3. Seth Meyers Disses Justin Bieber: The host of the Emmys, 40, started off his opening monologue by talking about how the show was broadcast on a Monday night, following Sunday’s MTV Video Music Awards. But it was his joke about Justin Bieber that had us dying: “Cable is looking at Netflix the way Justin Bieber looks at One Direction: through a cloud of marijuana smoke.”
4. Bryan Cranston Makes Out With Julia-Louis Dreyfus: Julia-Louis Dreyfus, 53, was grabbed and kissed by Bryan Cranston when she went up to accept her Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series award. It was an epic Seinfeld reunion that we won’t ever forget!
5. ‘Breaking Bad’ Sweeps The Emmys: After flying under the radar during the first couple seasons, Breaking Bad picked up the steam during their final seasons (much thanks to Netflix). For the actors, that means a ton of recognition and praise. Anna Gunn, Aaron Paul and Bryan Cranston all took home Emmy awards for their portrayals of Skyler White, Jesse Pinkman and Walter White, respectively. The series itself also won for Best Drama Series.
There were certainly way too many great moments to pick just one as our favorite, so we’ll leave that up to YOU!
What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Which Emmys moment was your favorite? Vote and tell us how you feel!
– Chris Rogers
More Emmys News:
- ‘American Horror Story’ Star Sarah Paulson Reveals Emmy Gown
- Selena Gomez, Lea Michele & More: Best Dressed Young Stars At Pre-Emmys Bash
- Sofia Vergara & Joe Manganiello: Attending Emmys Together?