‘Vampire Diaries’ Season 6 First Look: Elena Is Desperate To See Damon

Fri, August 22, 2014 3:07pm EST by 16 Comments 11,648 Article Views

Elena is NOT handling Damon’s death very well in the first teaser for season six. Elena goes to serious extremes to see her beloved again. Click to watch the clip!

The Vampire Diaries fandom were absolutely shocked to watch Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Bonnie (Kat Graham) die at the end of season five. At the beginning of season six, Elena (Nina Dobrev) still hasn’t moved on. Watch to see what Elena does to try and catch a glimpse of Damon. You’ve never seen Elena like this before.

‘Vampire Diaries’ Season 6 First Look: Elena Goes To Extremes To See Damon

Let’s face it, no one has truly gotten over Damon and Elena’s tearful goodbye before he died in the season five finale. We finally got a first look at how Elena is coping with losing Damon.

Trust us — Elena’s mourning isn’t pretty.

“I need you to give me hope,” Elena asks Stefan in the season six opener. Stefan insists that Damon is gone and that she needs to say goodbye — for good.

Elena isn’t going to do that. She “needs to see Damon.” Damon’s vampire paramour is desperate to see him again and develops a “witchy drug problem” to do so! Elena uses those magical elixirs to hallucinate Damon. (Can’t say we wouldn’t do the same.)

Elena finds who she is looking for, but Damon isn’t telling her the words she wants to hear. “Elena, move on,” Damon’s hallucination tells Elena. Will Elena actually say goodbye to Damon forever? (We don’t think so.)

The sixth season of The Vampire Diaries premieres on Oct. 2 at 8/7c.

HollywoodLifers, what do YOU think of Elena’s extreme measures to see Damon? Will he return? Should she move on? Let us know!

– Avery Thompson

More ‘The Vampire Diaries’ News:

1. Ian Somerhalder Accepts Best Threesome For ‘Vampire Diaries’ At YHAs
  2. Ian Somerhalder Posts Sexy ‘Love’ Pic At Start Of ‘Vampire Diaries’ Season 6
  3. ‘The Vampire Diaries’ Twist: Will Elena & Alaric Hook Up Next Season?

JT

Posted at 3:10 PM on September 29, 2014

I read in a interview with Paul, Ian, Matt and Nina that Stefan has his emotions of because he dosen´t want to deal with Damon´s loss. But if his emotions remains off even when Damon returns, Im gonna be pissed. Then we will see Damon HELP Stefan and not Stefan HELP Damon. I don´t want another emotionsless Stefan, it was amazing and fun with the storyline of Klaus, but not again.. This time around I actually want a real take on Damon and his emotionless half season or Damon acting weird – changed. GO Vampire Diaries! See you at October 2!!

Becca

Posted at 3:30 PM on September 8, 2014

I completely understand where Elena is coming from. She not only lost the love of her life, but also her best friend for the second time. How can people be so cruel. She’s actually going through a very realistic stat of grief. God, it’s only been two months, give her time people!

marlyn

Posted at 10:08 AM on August 30, 2014

yes you are right Elena ‘s caharcter is much stronger ,mature beacuse she knows want she wants and she will have it by figthing for what she loves and who loves meanig Damon.

brianna

Posted at 7:50 PM on August 29, 2014

I love Damon, I really, really do. And I hope to God they bring him back.Still on the fence on whether he should still be with Elena.I love them together, but the writers focus on them so much. There ARE other characters on the show. I really hope they follow the Caroline/Stefan romance, Jeremy’s grieving for Bonnie, and Alaric’s….well he will probably be drinking, but hopefully he’ll be doing more than that. But they’ll be too focused on Elena. I get that she’s the main character, but really, after everything she’s been through, you think she’s be more mature and adult.

marlyn

Posted at 3:23 PM on August 25, 2014

i can wait to see the season 6 on TVD and i see that Elena dosen;t handle to much on lossing damon ,and i understand her beacuse she still loves him. stefan tries to be realistic ,that he cant belive tht his brother damon sacrafice his life to save him. the pain on elena ‘s soul its more then losing damon , she lost her best friend Bonnie.i hope they will finde a way to come back their home in Mistic Falls. elena will be fine and happy when she ‘s gonna see Damon… i know that more then i know my self….looking foward to see damon & elena ‘s journey back to each other .their love is so strong more then you evrey known.

Ilona

Posted at 10:36 AM on August 25, 2014

Looking forward to Season six and Elena and Damon’s Journey back to each other

ivette

Posted at 11:44 PM on August 23, 2014

Please just move on. She makes me sick!

Thee Onlyy Ayisha

Posted at 9:44 PM on September 20, 2014

Yeah she makes me sick also. I think Elena’s a B*tch, I mean seriously, Why it had to be Damon? I HATE Damon, Elena And Stephan look so much better together *sigh* Am really getting to hate Elena also

Betty

Posted at 11:18 AM on August 23, 2014

can’t wait for season 6I think it’s going to be good but but I like how Elena morn statements long because cuz when people die in real life when you’re close to them like I lost my stepfather and I was heartbroken and cried for weeks when somebody dies you just don’t get over it right away it takes a few years or maybe a few episodes so I can’t see anything wrong with that people need their dad that’s what makes it a healthy wealthy life for people that’s how I think about Michelle and I’m glad they went that way because everybody needs tomorrow and it may help her morning lot quickerI still say that guy Hayden from being human I played on Syfy would be a good match for Elena

Becca

Posted at 10:45 AM on August 23, 2014

Like they are going to backup beacuase if they do I die

alex

Posted at 9:34 AM on August 23, 2014

Ladies and gentlemen, the Delena diaries! I always knew that these two will be togerther romantically, but i never thought that they will be this horrible. I am not bying Elenas epic love for Damon. After that beautiful Stelena atory. i just cannot watch this.

sally

Posted at 4:22 AM on August 23, 2014

oh god please not another season of Delena Drama. the two characters were much better off when there was a will they/won’t they instead of this ridiculously abusive drivel we’re stuck with now. what happened to strong elena who wasn’t going to spend her whole life loving a ghost? would have liked the romance better if they hadn’t sacrificed the characterisation of both damon and elena just to make it happen.

Isabella

Posted at 6:03 PM on August 22, 2014

For the love of pete Elena move on what so special about Damon dat u can’t let go oh pls. I want Caroline and stefan to date and be that epic love.

Suzanna

Posted at 5:22 PM on August 22, 2014

Oh no pleaso don´t. Please not another Delena Season. We need a neutral storyline with a new love interest or no Elena at all. I´d love to see Katherine back, that was fun to watch. Elena became a negative Charakter in my opinion and I don´t want to see that every week. I hope I say it right in english.

sarah

Posted at 3:26 PM on August 22, 2014

Oh God, please not another season of Delena. Bring back my strong hot Damon. Not the whimpy shadow of the man he used to be Damon. As for her, I’m bored already. Looks like I won’t be watching. They did all this last season and half of the season before. Julie really should be taken off this show. Any and everyone knows she has an unhealthy crush on Ian and because of that she has destroyed this show. Stick a fork in it, TVD’s is done, over!

Lara

Posted at 3:16 PM on August 22, 2014

Move on already Elena. God she’s so annoying.