Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon: Don’t Split, Fix Your Marriage

Thu, August 21, 2014 7:02pm EDT by 23 Comments 11,046 Article Views
Courtesy of Getty & Instagram

David Cohan

Posted at 7:27 AM on September 27, 2014

Its always never easy with Marriage life

Amber O'Gara

Posted at 11:31 PM on August 24, 2014

I don’t think their marriage can be saved. I think Nick is a sex addict and Mariah doesn’t deserve that. She’s also got babies to raise.

Alex

Posted at 4:18 PM on August 23, 2014

I hate how this is basically saying that Nick did something wrong and he needs to try to fix it. He’s the one who is leaving her. And if all the reports are true it’s basically because she’s crazy. She put a gag order on him so she’s clearly the one who has something to hide. They don’t owe it to the kids to stay together. What they owe them is a good life and sometimes that means being separated. I’m sure this isn’t just something they decided out of nowhere. This is clearly something that has been going on since they didn’t renew their vows like they have every year since they got married.

Anne Stepien

Posted at 4:38 PM on August 23, 2014

Good point. I didn’t realize they didn’t renew their vows this year.

Marilyn

Posted at 1:44 PM on August 23, 2014

They should work on their marriage. They are soul mates; age does not matter. They will be miserable without each other.

Valery

Posted at 8:01 PM on August 22, 2014

I’m really praying that they both try everything to save there bless marriage and beautiful family. I’m really pray that they save there family because they look so beautiful together. I hoping they read my tex I’m a big fan of both of them please save your marriage find what ever it was and fix it for the kids and for there love for each other.I’m just praying one day to find and be happily married with one kid if god says so with the right soul mate real honesty love. Fight for my marriage and.family to stay together lots of work and prayer team work. Together not apart. God bless them

Valery

Posted at 7:54 PM on August 22, 2014

Erin McLaughlin

Posted at 6:31 PM on August 22, 2014

I honestly don’t think Mariah should have ever accepted Nick’s proposal in the first place. They got married too fast. However, I do think that now that they are married, it’s vital that they work on their marriage instead of divorcing, for themselves and their children.

Bruce

Posted at 6:21 PM on August 22, 2014

Hello, People, I’m a clinical psychologist. I truly believe, these problems can if they try hard can be fixed. Maybe they need some time apart, not divorce. A good counselor would and can help the issues. Mariah, your an out standing singer and Mother.. Forget kim, she is worthless, only has big boobs, but your not an replacement

roe

Posted at 12:27 PM on August 29, 2014

Hello Clinical Psychologist (Yeah. Right…) The word is “you’re” not “your”. The first means “you are” the later means shows possession.

Jan Parris

Posted at 1:22 PM on August 22, 2014

Bonnie I totally agree with you. Maria and Nick, fix it and move on.

elisa

Posted at 11:24 AM on August 22, 2014

lets just hope that she dont try to kill her self like that one time luis migel left her

Kamron Del Valle

Posted at 8:52 AM on August 22, 2014

If they split what will nick do about the Tattoo of Mariah’s name on his back??

Sandy Berlin

Posted at 3:34 AM on August 22, 2014

I believe that they should try to work out their marriage . With that being said MY thoughts are this kanye west and kim are MARRIED and this is not bothering KANYE so let it go , to ba degree …what the REAL ISSUE HERE IS NICK being a ignorant pig …not thinking how this would affect his marriage ! First and fore most I dont know ,MARIAH …But I will say this she is humble funny cute sweet happy loving giving and has 2 beautiful children . Now NICK Immature as he acted by lets say bragging he had KIM K was like telling the world i got her and now MARIAH … but not only that he made a fool of himself because now he is out of A beautiful women and children. I do want to see the marriage work but I do believe Nick has some growing up to do .AND A BIG APOLOGY TO GIVE HER AMAZING WIFE!!!!!!!

Michael Kays

Posted at 1:26 AM on August 22, 2014

I didn’t realize he is just 33 (to her 45) …. a 12 yr. spread is a generation and can often eventually “come to a head”.

stephfl

Posted at 1:02 AM on August 22, 2014

I would love to see them work it out, for the children and themselves. But don’t just do it for the children cause then they will suffer with 2 miserable parents and that’s not a good example to set.

Bal Catarroja

Posted at 10:32 AM on August 22, 2014

You two deserved each other.If you haven’t known yet, you are destined to be together. Trials, tribulation, pain, misunderstanding, and suffering comes with marriage. it takes two to Tango. You hurt Mariah because you told it in public That is a stupid thing to do but should not be taken as a Divorce resolution. You love each other and the world sees that. Don’t just give up or quit because of this misunderstanding. Don’t let the Media guide your thoughts for divorce. I am booting for of you because it was Gods’ will and destiny that brought you together. It was ok to be separated so you can clear your mind and think about your life, but it is time to get back together. This was the pre-marital incident for you Nick, don’t brag on it anymore and apologize to Mariah. I am pretty sure that she will take you back. Don’t cheat in the future though because that will destroy your love, fidelity and loyalty to Mariah. That would be the end of your marriage. Right now, it is not the end of your marriage, so talk about it and ask for help. Don’t let the Media ruin your lives. God Bless!

Sara Llanes (@SaraLlanes)

Posted at 12:44 AM on August 22, 2014

I’m so glad you wrote this! Took the words right out of my mouth. I still believe in fairy tales and I sincerely hope that these two make it through.

Mandy

Posted at 12:31 AM on August 22, 2014

Bonnie Fuller, you really need to just stay out of the circle of their marriage problems and stay in your own shape and let them decide whether they would fix their marriage and work it out or go on their separate ways. That’s not for you to decide to tell Nick and Mariah what to do and what not to do. Neither of them never asked you for an advice how to handle their marriage when being hit rock bottom. Nick is a grown man so let him decide what he’s got planned to do to work it out with Mariah.

Erin McLaughlin

Posted at 6:40 PM on August 22, 2014

Mandy,
I’d like to know what qualifies you to judge an open letter written to Nick and Mariah about their marriage problems. You need to realize that Ms. Fuller’s job entails many open letters like this to different couples, and much as neither of them asked her for advice, no one asked for you to tell Bonnie how to do her job.

Mandy

Posted at 11:42 PM on August 31, 2014

First of all I’m not here to judge anybody and second of all that’s not her job to tell Nick how to manage his marriage so like I’ve said before, that’s up to Nick and Mariah to decide whether they would try and save their marriage or call it quit. Bonnie wasn’t even living with them so what gives her the right to tell Nick what to do how to handle the problem with his marriage? He did apologize, but we don’t know what’s gonna happen next with Nick and Mariah. I’m hoping that they’re gonna try and work it out, but who knows? So for now on, I’m not gonna take back for what I’ve said the first time I made that comment so if you don’t approve my comment, then you shouldn’t reply to my comment to begin with.

Loopy

Posted at 11:32 PM on August 21, 2014

Run, Nick, run

Anne Stepien

Posted at 10:01 PM on August 21, 2014

“Fallen out of love?” After dating 6 weeks before marriage I doubt if it was ever love…just a major infatuation.