Robert Pattinson Gets Soaked For ALS Ice Bucket Challenge – See Who He Nominated

Wed, August 20, 2014 6:15pm EDT by 228 Comments 27,237 Article Views

It looks like Robert Pattinson has accepted his friend, Zac Efron’s nomination! Getting soaked for a good cause, the ‘Twilight’ hunk took the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, and was sprayed with a hose by his friends!  Watch his hilarious video below!

Robert Pattinson, 28, definitely has what it takes to win a wet t-shirt contest! The heart-throb is the latest celebrity to accept the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge after being nominated by friend, Zac Efron, 27. See who Rob challenged below!

Robert Pattinson Ice Bucket Challenge

In Rob’s video that was posted to Zac’s YouTube channel, the hunky actor accepts the challenge, but puts his own spin on it. Claiming that he didn’t have a lot of prep time, the hunky actor worked with what he had– which was a minimal amount ice!

It seems that his buddies did not think that he was wet enough. They attacked him by pelting more ice at him and sprayed him down with a hose all the while throwing red solo cups his way.

Wearing a backwards cap and plain white t-shirt, the notoriously private actor looks extremely uncomfortable while getting sprayed with the cold water. Keeping the challenge going, Rob nominated his The Rover co-star Guy Pearce, his Maps to the Stars co-star, Mia Wasikowska, and Marilyn Manson!

We can’t wait to see who accepts Rob’s challenge and raises awareness for ALS!

Zac Efron, Ashley Tisdale & More Stars Take Ice Bucket Challenge

Zac and friend, Ashley Tisdale, 29, posted two videos of their challenge on Aug. 19. Ashley accepted the challenge first, and then immediantly nominated Zac who just so happened to be there! The duo were screaming and definitely seemed surprised by just how cold the ice water was. The High School Musical hunk then nominated his good friend Rob, who accepted.

Hollywood has jumped on board whole-heartedly in order to donate and raise awareness for ALS. As HollywoodLife.com previously reported, notorious bad-boy Justin Beiber, 20, even took the challenge twice, and nominated some huge names, including President Barack Obama.

So far, the boys of Emblem3 take the cake though. Brothers, Keaton and Wesley Stomberg stripped down to nothing to accept the challenge and show their support to raising awareness.

What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Who would you like to see take the challenge? Let us know your thoughts below, and don’t forget to donate!

– Caitlin Beck

More Robert Pattinson News:

1. Robert Pattinson: See His Steamy Kiss With ‘Map To The Stars’ Co-Star — Watch
  2. Kristen Stewart Talks ‘Road Trip’ With Friends — Missing Robert Pattinson?
  3. Robert Pattinson Drinks & Parties With ‘Multiple Girls’ In Malibu

Samuelle 40

Posted at 6:45 AM on August 21, 2014

Fantastic PR ,smiling ,laughing enjoying himself no depreciating dialogue looking fantastic much like the old Rob of 5 years ago and doesn’t look much older either ,only his body looks even better.
No wonder its all round the internet thank you Zac for suggesting the challenge and putting it on line.

Rowan

Posted at 5:50 AM on August 21, 2014

ROOOOOB U SO PERFECT. This IS THE BEST ICE CHALLENGE EVER. Thisi man IS SOOO HOT GENTLE HUMBLE PERFECT. I LOV U

Alejandrina

Posted at 11:45 PM on August 22, 2014

I have to agree with you n everything.

Tatiana

Posted at 5:23 AM on August 21, 2014

Ahhhhhhhhhhh oh ROB! This man makes my day. He s so cute, sexy, funny awesome….. GOOOD!!! Im very proud to be u fan honey U ROCK ROBERT!! Wish u all the best u deserv it. Luv u

nikki

Posted at 2:17 AM on August 21, 2014

AND ROB HAS A 6 pack , i spy a six pack under the tee!!

@nikki

Posted at 2:44 PM on August 22, 2014

Yeah I do too. :) He looks great!

nikki

Posted at 2:16 AM on August 21, 2014

awesome! Wer Rob in a white tee has made my day ILH

krystal420

Posted at 2:13 AM on August 21, 2014

thank you to the people throwing the cups of ice water, you made my day.

Linda Louisville

Posted at 12:50 AM on August 21, 2014

Oh my goodness! A soup-sized sauce pan, obvious ice-maker ice, hose water, and red cups! Typical bachelor-pad fodder! LOL! I believe him when he says he owns practically nothing! His was the funniest challenge I’ve seen so far. If he is, in fact, a simple man, living without largess… then good for him! My recent sabbatical has inspired me to simplify my own life, so I’ve decided to cut loose all messy entanglements and unwanted responsibilities that have been making my personal life complicated and miserable… I’ve been throwing out stuff, giving bunches of stuff away, and paring down my posessions and responsibilities. I’ve had an epithany, and what a relief! May I issue my own challenge to all of you to do the same? It is almost sinful the way most of us live, when many in the world have mostly nothing. I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to travel and see this for myself. I can honestly say that my eyes are wide open, now… Simplify your life, my friends… Your life will be so much better, and the money you free up (by not having to store and maintain “all your stuff”) can make a real difference to people in this world who have so very little…

callmegela

Posted at 9:16 AM on August 21, 2014

@Linda Louisville

Yeah, the red solo cups are just too much! LOL

You’re absolutely right about simplifying. I’ve learned a lot about that in the last few years. Leaving my ex forced me into downsizing. At first I stressed about it, where would I put all my stuff??? But, then I learned that I didn’t need all my stuff. And now, I don’t stress about unnecessary things, especially material items. Some of my friends joke about my hippie transformation. :)

Hopefully some fans will learn something from Rob, which is, that if a multi-millionaire doesn’t need it, neither do you.

Linda Louisville

Posted at 10:22 AM on August 21, 2014

Gela,
Yeah, I have recently discovered that I can live very well, for several weeks, traveling with only a canvas duffle bag and a backpack. It was an amazingly freeing discovery… So, out everything goes! LOL! After all, no one “needs” twenty pairs of shoes, and to let perfectly good clothing and coats hang in a closet, when others are inadequately dressed, is wrong on so many levels… It seems that you and I have come to the very same conclusion, only by different means. By the time I’m finished, my home will look practically “Japanese”! LOL! I plan to tread way beyond minimalism, aiming directly for “nearly bare”! Wish me luck, as it will be a daunting task… How did you do it? Goodwill?

callmegela

Posted at 11:58 AM on August 21, 2014

@Linda

Most of it was Goodwill & other local charities. I actually need to do another big trip because I still have a lot of my girls’ baby/toddler items. I think that would be a good experience for them, donating their old stuff knowing that it’s going to children who need it. LOL, I have to confess though, I still have tons of shoes. Hey, I figured that no matter what happens (whether I gain or lose weight) my shoes will always fit. ;)

Good luck with your Zen bareness! :)

Linda Louisville

Posted at 1:07 AM on August 22, 2014

Gela,
Well, good thinking about shoes… Since I’m addicted to “Chucks”, the high heels were the first to go! (…and good riddance to them all!) I’ve kept one pair of basic black pumps (funerals and church) my duck boots (snow and rain), two pair of rubber flip-flops (beach), and my Chucks…and as you say, they’ll always fit! LOL! I’m sure your girls will enjoy donating clothing to charities, but it has been my experience that children are not generally open to donating toys until they are much older. LOL! I remember a real tug-of-war a few years back over some stuffed animals, that needed a new home! I lost that battle…..and those toys abide with us, still! ;]

Alejandrina

Posted at 11:49 PM on August 22, 2014

Good for you.

kay

Posted at 11:19 PM on August 20, 2014

CUTE CUTE CUTE and sexy

l@ Linda Louisville.

Posted at 9:37 AM on August 22, 2014

Actually, your shoes won’t always fit. Your feet will grow, as you get older–as much as a size and a half. Feet keep growing, noses keep growing, ears keep growing. So do waistlines, even if your weight remains the same. Just a few words of gloom from an old lady.

Linda Louisville

Posted at 2:46 PM on August 22, 2014

For I@ Linda Louisville,
OMGosh! I knew about noses, but not all of the other stuff! My grandmother used to complain that her feet “spread out” (a lot) as she entered old age, but she never mentioned them getting longer… Well, you have taught me something new today. I have little ears, so that won’t be a problem, and my nose isn’t large, so that might not be too bad… It’s the waistline I’m concerned about! LOL! Heck, don’t we all worry about that anyway? I guess it’s a good thing I got rid of all of those high heels, lol, cause I was just going to grow out of them anyway! They’ll look great on someone else, and I am usually in Chucks anyway… I might miss my Doc Martins though…(sigh…)

Jonathan Hughes

Posted at 10:31 PM on August 20, 2014

Stop wasting water. We are in a drought .

@Jonathan

Posted at 2:56 AM on August 23, 2014

Oh lighten up! It is for a good cause. There are other ways people waste much more water that you should be concerned about.

mee

Posted at 10:31 PM on August 20, 2014

Rob is the cutest and this is the best ice bucket challenge

eyaljsanxc

Posted at 10:18 PM on August 20, 2014

.Are you still single ? You are not alone. Free join♥ M i x e d Luv. Ć o m ♥ ~~ Millions of singles have joined it.. This is a Serious interracial dating site for black and white singles seeking relationships, friendships, dating ,love and more. Single black people meeting single white people is why we are here. Hundreds of new interracial singles who same as you join here everyday. zxbzxb

Alejandrina

Posted at 10:14 PM on August 20, 2014

Ohh and I´m so proud of him.

Alejandrina

Posted at 10:12 PM on August 20, 2014

He is just adorable and funny and hot and sexy and gorgeous and etc.

Angie

Posted at 3:27 PM on August 21, 2014

Alejandrina amiga tens razao evertyhing about rob is beautiful absolutely love this video cute sexy so yummy. ele é muito bonito.

Alejandrina

Posted at 11:53 PM on August 22, 2014

Angie
Saudacões amiga. Verdade, Rob é adorável.

Angie

Posted at 3:41 PM on August 23, 2014

Alejandrina
Saudacões para ti também amiga.

Alejandrina

Posted at 9:58 PM on August 20, 2014

I´m breathless.

Alejandrina

Posted at 9:50 PM on August 20, 2014

My sweet Rob.

anonymosme

Posted at 9:29 PM on August 20, 2014

ROB, SO GLAD YOU TOOK THE ICE BUCKET CHALLENGE, YOU NEEDED A BIT OF A COOLIN’G OFF, ACTUALLY WOULD HAVE BEEN PERFECT IF YOU NOMINATED KSTEW, FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND YOU TWO ARE STILL BEST FRIENDS. YOU DID GOOD.

Guest

Posted at 8:49 AM on August 21, 2014

He couldn’t nominate Kristen when it was his girl friend that filmed him. You can hear her laughing in the video.

Jen

Posted at 2:02 PM on August 21, 2014

@Guest he is single he revealed he was in an interview not that long ago and besides it has been revealed that it was his sister that had filmed him.

nan

Posted at 1:15 PM on August 21, 2014

@anon…I think Kristen has been nominated with her STILL ALICE cast. That’s what i read.

Guest

Posted at 9:02 PM on August 20, 2014

Awe, you can hear Rob’s girl friend laughing in the video! She must be so proud of him, he’s adorable and hilarious. I can’t wait till he comes clean on his new romance letting everyone know who it is. Maybe he’ll take her to Toronto for the film festival. He may want to introduce her to DC. Cute video.

Jen

Posted at 1:59 PM on August 21, 2014

Girlfriend? He is single he said he was single not that long ago and besides that was his sister, it has been revealed.

kim

Posted at 4:23 PM on August 22, 2014

@Jen, tell us where you read or saw that his sister was the one hosing him down. She is in London and he is in LA. That would have been an awfully long hose.

Jen

Posted at 2:03 PM on August 24, 2014

@kim One of my friends told me turns out it was a false rumour lol but found out that it was his friends that filmed it

!

Posted at 2:03 PM on August 21, 2014

You know that he admitted that he’s not dating anymore duh!! If when Rob has get ready for work film and if when his work will finishes can free time and can date with someone else. I know that you talking about. You mean katy perry? Right?

@ guest.

Posted at 9:41 AM on August 22, 2014

Man, you never qive up! You’ve been trying to pair him off with anybody but Kristen for how many years now?

Margaret in the Pink UK/// ONE

Posted at 7:46 PM on August 25, 2014

Before u said it maybe his GF so I will do as I did last November throw out a challenge re Dylan
NOW your saying its his GF ok Guest who is she? Where r the photos of her
When r they getting married how many kids r they having how long have they been dating
Even though he said hes not seeing aNYONE u Guest thinks once again hes lieing
I will give u till mid September for Rob to show a GF hes been seeing for at least 2 mnths
Hey I actually hope he is but I dont know nor do u and u went missing again why ? Easy
They had no need of u the freelance journo u r they had Jen and Chris so no wage for u Guest

cecila

Posted at 8:46 PM on August 20, 2014

I wonder how many hits Rob will have on you tube by the end of the week. Over 65,000 right now.

nan

Posted at 7:25 PM on August 20, 2014

OMG, this was so Rob. Funny and unique. No wonder it is trending and it has over 52,000 likes on twitter. Rob is so adorable and a great guy. Loved who he challenged and hope we get to see them do theirs. Marilyn Manson of all people as one. I love being a fan of Rob’s. I like the video on you tube best.

domino

Posted at 7:13 PM on August 20, 2014

Its Rob sisi. Its just Rob. Can you hear the sounds he makes there? Now those are the reason why this video is “crasy sexy” because you dont expect it to be sexy,BUT its Rob sisi. Its juuuust Rob…so Wow indeed.

Tracy

Posted at 7:05 PM on August 20, 2014

Wow, Rob looks gorgeous getting soaked but a tad uncomfortable, he’s a good sport to take part in this, so many celebrities have now taken part in this and gotten a soaking, I can’t believe the Kennedy’s have also done this, we just need the Obama’s to take on the challenge, now that would be something, can’t wait to see Guy and Mia get a soaking too, hope Kristen also takes on the challenge, I’m sure she will along with Nicholas Hoult.

DEVLIN

Posted at 7:22 PM on August 20, 2014

Why are you bringing her up on Robs site? We dont care who she does it with ,they could do it naked if they want with that Nick it wouldnt matter. Ofcourse she will do it now ,Rob has done it so her competetive strick has kicked in . Its only a matter of time. We all know she is silently fighting with mother nature to be Rob. The girl is obsessed with him and so are her fans. Just dont forget no matter what or when Rlb did it before she did it so what?

@devlin

Posted at 7:30 PM on August 20, 2014

@Devlin….chill out for it really doesn’t make any difference anymore. It’s all about Rob right now.

if i may

Posted at 7:31 PM on August 20, 2014

Lol. “Fighting with mother nature to be Rob” thats so true. I always thought this but did not want to entertain it. Back to Rob however , on this video he looks like he is 20 years old. He is INSANELY beautiful. And yes domino the fact that we dont expect it to be sexy and then turns out to be THIS psychologicaly sexy? Is exactly why this video is insane! ROB.Need I say more?

@Devlin

Posted at 1:42 AM on August 22, 2014

We don’t care? Speak for yourself, John. Lots of us Rob fans are Kristen fans as well. We care about them both–are interested in both, together or apart. And what is a competetive strick?

@Devlin

Posted at 3:07 PM on August 22, 2014

Yep you called it Devlin. K copied his participation the very next day. I agree hers wasn’t anywhere as good or as charming as Rob’s.

Alejandrina

Posted at 12:03 AM on August 23, 2014

@Devlin
This is about Rob and I don´t care about her. Sorry and well…..at least you are not rude like other Miss K fans. Sorry.

Margaret in the Pink UK/// ONE

Posted at 7:56 PM on August 25, 2014

DEVLIN where ya bin mate????? Sociopath
Wow Kristens followed Rob to every club in LA but she hasnt has she
Kristens followed him to CM weekly showing him herself but she hasnt has she
Kristens not been hanging with his UK pals uinlike Robn who couldnt leave hers alone
Devlin the last time that we know of they saw each other was 10mnths ago
She may still like him even love him and the same for him who knows u dont I dont
If Id have been a dumped women and wanted my man back Id have gone all out gone to all the places he went to was there at his every turn with out looking like stalking but she didnt did she
She not been clubbing for 10mnths in LA Canada and London hey thats fine hes a 28 yrold man
He can live his life the way he wants though I do wish every hit u made on his Ice meant u paid$1
Kristens hardly been away from filming July late Aug 2013 CXRAY Aug to October COSM europe
Nov NY Dec Houston Jan Sundance and promo Feb till end of March SA April till mid June AU
July Paris fashion back to do post AU and in that time Met Ball Cannes 2 Videos 3 Photo shoots
End of July Equals in Japan then in SA in October for Big Shoe December paris for Chanel
So if thats obssessed Id hate to see her not interested in him hahahaha DEVLIN fk it as ever

masie

Posted at 7:27 PM on August 20, 2014

I would have loved to know who kept throwing the cups and ice at him. You could heard someone trying hard not to laugh.

@If I May

Posted at 1:34 AM on August 22, 2014

Oh, come on, If I May. He’s not insanely beautiful. Nonsense. He’s reasonably attractive and oddly likeable, but he’s not insanely beautiful. Everybody has just agreed he’ll be the idol of the day and we’ll all dance around him and scream and holler. Hardly has a thing to do with actual Rob. It’s just the fun and excitement of mob hysteria.

@@if I may

Posted at 7:35 AM on August 22, 2014

You are wrong! Rob is insanely beautiful to his fans. He’s more than just an idol for the day! It’s obvious you don’t understand beautiful and sexy Rob. Mob hysteria? Your comment screams jealous loser.

Alejandrina

Posted at 12:09 AM on August 23, 2014

@@If I may
I agree with you. He is insanely beautiful.
And @If I May
Ohh envy and jealous. NOt nice.

@ Tracy

Posted at 9:44 AM on August 22, 2014

She did. Wasn’t as well filmed as Rob’s though. It was dark and distant, so you couldn’t see much.

@ alexandrina

Posted at 2:33 AM on August 25, 2014

Jealous of whom? Of what? Jealousy has to have an object. Jealous of Rob? Certainly not his looks, gd forbid, as I’m a girl and a girl who looked like Rob would not be fortunate. Wouldn’t mind his 60 mil, but don’t really need them. Would love to have his talent, but not if his hangups were part of the package–his panic attacks, his relationship with alcohol, etc.

Not jealous of you, for sure, as I think you’re not terribly bright nor scrupulously honest. (Suuuure you’re a lawyer). So whom do you think I’m jealous of? Or was that just a random hate word you grabbed out of the air?

callmegela

Posted at 7:03 PM on August 20, 2014

Adorable, sexy & funny all at the same time. :)

Alejandrina

Posted at 9:56 PM on August 20, 2014

callmegela
Agree, with everything

callmegela

Posted at 9:18 AM on August 21, 2014

Thanks Alejandrina.

sisi south africa

Posted at 7:03 PM on August 20, 2014

Wow! He is still so genuine and kind of shy. Its really a treat to watch this guy. Is it me or is this video crasy sexy!? How could someone be this sexy at all is beyond me. I am in love with you Rob. Oh! My my my ! What a MAN!

Crazy Train

Posted at 6:32 PM on August 20, 2014

He is so adorable! It’s really cool how this challenge has become such a huge thing and for such a great cause. Way to go Rob!

cecila

Posted at 7:33 PM on August 20, 2014

@crazy train…I think the last time I saw a figure, it was over $22 million that has been raised so far. That is wonderful for any charity.

Heidi

Posted at 6:17 PM on August 20, 2014

Omg. How cute and sweet is Rob in this? He is and will always be the best, hottest and sexiest.

Catherine

Posted at 10:32 PM on August 29, 2014

Fans (and Robert and Kristen) have been dealing with these mean smears since the beginning of the Twilight movies in 2008; and the dumb ‘cheating’ scandal for longer than Arnold Schwarzenegger & Tiger Wood’s REAL & MULTIPLE adulterous offenses, combined.
We should NOT be fighting each other – we should be mad at the jerks who intentionally CAUSE us to fight.

This is a flat-out LIE that the tabloids & paparazzi want us to believe: Robert Pattinson & Kristen Stewart OWE their fame to them. No, they owe it to entertainment news sites like Entertainment Weekly; and Magazines like Vogue, Vanity Fair and Marie Claire – places that actually PAY them to bring us REAL celebrity goodies. Tabloids are bottomfeeders that USE them.

Both Robert and Kristen have made SEVERAL comments about how cruel the paparazzi & tabloids are to them over the years – and fans (no matter what their affiliation) have witnessed and experienced the effects all this time. NONE of this has been ‘normal’ celebrity treatment, nor is it NEW for them.

Catherine

Posted at 10:32 PM on August 29, 2014

We don’t have to agree on any other thing than to be MAD at the tabloids and paparazzi.

The petition does not call for changing any US laws, nor does it mess with ‘Freedom of Speech’. For that reason, anyone of any age or location around the world can sign it – it’s for all celebrities and it’s WORTH a TRY. The way Hollywood treats it’s celebrities is NOT a NEW topic of discussion. People everywhere have been fed up with the way they are treated for decades.

SEARCH explaintwilightbreakingdawnending on blogspot to SIGN the PETITION for tabloid & paparazzi reform for ALL celebrities or brainstorm to figure out something else that WILL WORK.