James Foley: Mom’s Heartbreaking Plea For Lives Of American Hostages

Wed, August 20, 2014 12:13pm EDT by 1 Comment
James Foley Beheaded
Courtesy of Youtube

So sad. After watching her son get killed in a video posted on YouTube by ISIS on Aug. 19, Diane Foley released a statement, begging the militant group to ‘spare the lives of the remaining hostages. Like Jim, they are innocents.’

American journalist James Foley’s mother, Diane Foley, penned a heartbreaking statement Tuesday evening, Aug. 19, after a video posted online appeared to show her son being beheaded in Syria by militant group Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS).

James Foley’s Mom Releases Heartbreaking Statement After Militants Behead Her Son

“We have never been prouder of our son Jim. He gave his life trying to expose the world to the suffering of the Syrian people,” Diane said in a statement posted on Facebook.

“We implore the kidnappers to spare the lives of the remaining hostages. Like Jim, they are innocents. They have no control over American government policy in Iraq, Syria or anywhere in the world,” she continued.

“We thank Jim for all the joy he gave us,” James’ mother concluded. “He was an extraordinary son, brother, journalist and person. Please respect our privacy in the days ahead as we mourn and cherish Jim.”

James Foley Beheaded By Savage ISIS Executioner

The 40-year-old journalist disappeared in Syria in 2012. On Aug. 19, a video posted on YouTube, titled “A Message to America,” depicted a man, believed to be James, being beheaded by a member of the Islamic State terror group.

At the end of the video, ISIS threatens to kill Time contributor Steven Sotloff if airstrikes in Iraq do not stop. “The life of this American citizen, Obama, depends on your next decision,” the ISIS executioner says.

James Foley: Fury As President Obama Golfs After ISIS Speech

President Barack Obama spoke on this matter during a press conference at 12:45 PM ET on Aug. 20. James’ parents, who are completely devastated, spoke about their son during their own press conference the very same day. (Watch it here.)

Our thoughts go out to James’ friends and family during this difficult time and we hope to see the safe return of Steven Sotloff and other kidnapped Americans on Syrian soil.

– Chris Rogers

More News:

  1. Michael Brown’s Autopsy Reveals He Was Shot 6 Times, Protests Heat Up
  2. Photos Revealed Of Officer Who Shot & Killed Michael Brown
  3. Ferguson: Tear Gas & Violent Clashes Erupt After Shooting Of Mike Brown

Leave a Reply

To comment, please fill in the fields below, enter your comment and select the Comment button.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

View Comment

linda

Posted at 3:13 PM on August 20, 2014  

It took two minutes, 20 seconds to behead this young man. Yes, 40 is still young. What if that had been your son? I could not have stood to see my son getting his neck sawed with a knife and was so thankful that the video of the actual beheading has been taken down. Why do these people get media attention. The US should not allow it to be shown. My prayers go out to this family for I am also a mother with a grown son. A scary world we live in.

 Reply
Share this comment at Share with Twitter

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 7,948 other followers