Future & Ciara: ‘Custody Battle Brewing’ Over 3-Month Old Son

Wed, August 20, 2014 2:13pm EDT by 10 Comments 20,005 Article Views

Ciara called off her engagement with the rapper in early August, just three months after their son, Future Zahir Wilburn was born. Now HollywoodLife.com has learned EXCLUSIVELY that Ciara wants sole custody but Future won’t go down without a fight.

Future and Ciara may be headed to court to duke it out over their son Future Zahir Wilburn. Future and Ciara shockingly called off their engagement after the 30-year-old rapper allegedly cheated on Ciara, according to Us Weekly. Since the split, HollywoodLife.com has learned that Ciara wants to keep Future from spending time with their son because she finds him to be a “bad influence” and she is seeking legal counsel to get sole custody.

Future & Ciara’s Custody Battle Over 3-Month-Old Son

We hear Ciara “feel burned” since his cheating happened while he was on tour and she was pregnant. Our insider tells us that she will “fight” him for custody but Future won’t just stand by and let it happen, “a custody battle is brewing … it’s bad.”

The original story said that Ciara was “devastated” but that her main focus is their son,” according to Us Weekly. The couple dated for a year before getting engaged on her birthday, October 25, 2013 and he popped the question with a 15-carat diamond ring. Little Future was born just seven months later in May.

Our source adds that one of the main reasons they got engaged was because she was pregnant.

Ciara Talks About Future During Happier Times

Ciara was most recently Brides magazine’s July cover girl and she gushed all about her man.

“Our label put us together,” Ciara said. “I went into the studio strictly to work, but he was very calm and sweet, a gentleman… I knew right away that he was different. Now he’s my best friend in the world, my partner.”

When we sat down with Ciara in August of 2013, she told us what made her relationship with Future so special:

“I’m a strong woman,” she told us. “I love, love. There’s nothing better than meeting a strong man to support you and who is about love too. I don’t want to put too much hype on it you know, but he’s an amazing person, he’s my best friend. I maybe thought I knew a little bit about love but I’m learning so much more by the day. But what I like about him, women are built, are in tune with their emotions, men they can be a little bit different with it. But I learn things from him and I like that.”

HollywoodLifers, should Ciara get sole custody?

– Chloe Melas

More Ciara News:

1. Ciara, Jessica Simpson & More Sexy Bikini Baby Bumps — See Pics
  2. Ciara & Baby Boy: Future Shares Beautiful New Photo Of His ‘Babies’
  3. Ciara Posts First Photo Of Baby Future — See The Pic

ShayBay

Posted at 4:10 PM on August 22, 2014

That Is Very Sad, But It Has Happened ALL Over Our Community For YEARS Now.!! #TeamSingleMotherOf2 ;)
SomeBody Please Break This Terrible TREND For Tha Sake Of OUR Kids In The Near FUTURE../

April McGee-Flowers

Posted at 9:57 PM on August 21, 2014

I think she has to learn about being a real mother. Just because you and the dad don’t with out does not give you the right to take the child out of the father life. She is too old to play that game. I resurrected her so much more until I heard this. I really hope this isn’t true.

strong black woman

Posted at 1:59 PM on August 21, 2014

Even tho Ciara is hurting she shouldnt keep lil man from his dad. She should tell him one day how things turned out and show her son how a REAL woman hsndle things. Its gonna be a long road but over time het heart will heal😏

iffn

Posted at 10:26 AM on August 21, 2014

Dumb people should not breed.

KimKFan

Posted at 8:27 AM on August 21, 2014

I heard Future was gay.

Fee

Posted at 5:27 AM on August 21, 2014

I don’t. Belive Ciara would do that this is all bullahit lies the .. These people just wanna make big. Drama story it all lie I don’t Belive it .. Ciara is a good women. .. I can’t judge i only god can

whynotu

Posted at 2:45 AM on August 21, 2014

Remember Ms. Ciara, it’s all about Little Future’s FUTURE. Without Future being his father, ha wouldn’t be your FUTURE. Never deny him the right to know his FATHER.

Jen

Posted at 7:35 PM on August 20, 2014

This is a sad situation for Ciara and the baby. I wish it wasn’t true! I wish them all the best. Hopefully Ciara and Future can work together peacefully for the sake of their child.

Chantel Keona

Posted at 3:47 PM on August 20, 2014

This is sad, I hope they can work it out for the sake of their son.

Damn!

Posted at 2:48 PM on August 20, 2014

She can’t stop him from seeing his son, unless he is abusive or something like that.
Just because they didn’t work out doesn’t give her the right to keep him from his child.
They both need to be civil and work together for the health and well being of little Future.
I hope this isn’t true, that she’s doing that.
I can understand her concerns, but shouldn’t she have had the same concerns while they were together?
If this story is to be believed, he was the same guy back then that he was before she found out he cheated.
She can’t push her ill feelings towards him onto their child. That would be a recipe for disaster for this little boy.
I hope they work out a civil solution.