Robin Williams Memorial Service: Family Gathers For Touching Goodbye

Sat, August 16, 2014 1:00pm EDT by 33 Comments 151,087 Article Views

Almost one week after his tragic death, Robin Williams’ family and friends are gathering in the San Francisco Bay Area to honor their father, husband, family member and friend, a new report claims.

Robin Williams tragically committed suicide on Aug. 11 at the age of 63. His family, friends and fans continue to mourn the actor’s shocking death. Close members of Robin’s family have arrived in California for a private memorial service planned by Robin’s wife, Susan Schneider, 50.

Robin Williams Memorial Service: Family Gathers Comes Together To Say Goodbye

Robin’s memorial service will likely be “small” because both Robin and Susan were “very private people,” a source told E! News.

The actor has three children from previous marriages — Zak, Zelda and Cody. His youngest, Cody, flew from New York City to the Bay Area on Aug. 13, the outlet reports.

HollywoodLife.com told you exclusive details about Robin’s upcoming memorial service, including that it wouldn’t be televised.

“The last thing he’d want is for his last memory to be a somber one and to have his family, friends, and fans throw him a pity party, a source close to the actor told us EXCLUSIVELY. “Robin would only want his funeral televised if it were filled with laughter and joy.”

The service is likely to take place right in San Francisco where he was a “real leader” in the community, our source continues.

“Most likely [the funeral will take place] in San Francisco. There may also be a memorial for him down in Los Angeles, but services are likely to be held in San Francisco. His family lives there, and he was a real leader in the community and extremely charitable to different organizations in the area as well. It’s only fitting he’d be buried or spread somewhere in the bay.”

Robin Williams Battling Depression & Parkinson’s Disease At Time Of Death

Robin was struggling at the time of his death. His rep said in a statement on Aug. 11 that the actor had been “battling severe depression as of late.”

Three days after his suicide, Susan revealed that Robin had also been suffering from Parkinson’s Disease before his death. Fans and other actors were shocked to learn the news, especially his friend Michael J. Fox, 53, who also suffers from the disease.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Robin’s family and friends during this trying time. He will be missed. May he rest in peace.

– Avery Thompson

More Robin Williams News:

1. Robin Williams & Wife Hoped To Have Kids Before His Tragic Suicide
  2. Rush Limbaugh Slammed For Dissing Robin Williams After Suicide
  3. Robin Williams: Last Photos Revealed – A Day Before Suicide

Susie hayes

Posted at 7:57 PM on August 22, 2014

I recently lost my father so I understand your sorrow. Just want to say thanks to Robin for all the wonderful years of laughter he so freely gave to all. I will miss him terribly.

grace

Posted at 11:20 AM on August 22, 2014

your the best comedian there will be no one as great as you you made me laugh through out the years mork and mindy mrs doubtfire good morning vietnam best movies I’ve ever seen you will be greatly missed R.I.P.Robin Williams

Hans

Posted at 11:39 PM on August 19, 2014

R.I.P. Mr. Robin Williams, you are the best stand up comic this world has ever known. Still trying to come to grips with this sad event. You will be dearly missed.

SYLVIA HERNANDEZ

Posted at 8:12 PM on August 19, 2014

RIP ROBIN WILLIAMS, YOU WILL TRULY BE MISSED. I KNOW THAT YOU FELT THAT YOUR DECISION WAS BEST.

Tony Dettore

Posted at 9:40 AM on August 19, 2014

Mr Williams i pray that you accepted Jesus as your savoir.He is the only hope we have.Jesus gave you everything jesus gets the glory

dawna

Posted at 5:55 AM on August 19, 2014

It is so sad. Apparently he went to an art gallery a few days before. And his favorite coffee shop. Just wonder how long he was planning this. With his wife and kids who he loved so much . . This was very shocking, especially because he had so many loved ones who will suffer because of his demise. RIP Robin.

Wendy

Posted at 12:07 AM on August 19, 2014

He had it all but do not judge when things happen but I know it hurts the ones behind bless his wife and his kids when u get down u do

Arnita musalo

Posted at 9:46 PM on August 18, 2014

Dear. Robin Williams. The day u left us from this would. I was in tears . and my heart was broken. I said to my self . our laughter has come to a end. One of the most funnies men in the world have closed his eyes for good and we are for ever said. I know how people say life goes on . and they are right . but ad much as we want to keep moving on and keeping strong. There will always be a sweet soul missing from our world but never from our heart.. U was here for a little while . Andrew u gave us your smile. And the shining star in your eye that is something we Will never forget.. So rest in peace. Robin and we your fans will never forget the love u left on our heart good nite sweet prince

rebecca

Posted at 7:59 PM on August 18, 2014

his second and last wife drove him to depression and suicide….they married him for his money…..

Anne Stepien

Posted at 4:58 PM on August 19, 2014

Rebecca—you certainly have a lot of balls. SHOW ROBIN AND HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS SOME RESPECT. You obviously have never heard of pre-nups….you think Robin wasn’t smart enough to spot a gold digger????????????????? You obviously think you know these people and know what went on behind closed doors. GET A CLUE, IDIOT!!!!

anonymosme

Posted at 5:49 PM on August 18, 2014

Robin, I know you will make God laugh,, Thank you for bringing your amazing talent to the world. You are loved and will be sadly missed. Rest your soul and your mind, May your beloved family find peace and comfort in all their memories of you. God Bless You, Captain.

jennifer bechtel

Posted at 12:46 PM on August 18, 2014

may God bless u, your family and the millions who loved you. you were the best entertainer and most generous all your life. love and peace

tebvetjaxcb

Posted at 11:13 AM on August 18, 2014

.Are you still single ? You are not alone. Free join~ ♥ M i x e d Luv. Ćom ♥ ~~ Millions of singles have joined it.. This is a Serious interracial dating site for black and white singles seeking relationships, friendships, dating ,love and more. Single black people meeting single white people is why we are here. Hundreds of new interracial singles who same as you join here everyday.bnvbn

Anne

Posted at 10:16 PM on August 17, 2014

Justin,
Hang in there. I suffer from depression, too. When I am really low I ask God to hang on to me. He always has. You’re in my prayers.

Alynn

Posted at 12:20 AM on August 18, 2014

U both r in my thoughts… We all have our moments but there’s always something that keeps us moving forward. Life blows and most ppl dont understand. I’ve read alot of comments from ppl that think they know but.., until they r there pls. When I read Justin’s comment my heart broke. I sure hope he’s ok and u too Anne! Pls know u have a friend in me. Hang on to all that is important and disregard what’s not! Your friend… Alynn

chantal

Posted at 8:23 PM on August 17, 2014

He had the gift to make us all laugh who would have guest that he also could really make us cry there will not be an another one…so long see you later and make the Heaven laugh enjoy

Silvia

Posted at 8:04 PM on August 17, 2014

I will miss him so much..but everyone has a point. . I don’t understand why Susan dint check on him , knowing that he was so depressed. And hurting. .he make so many of us laughing. And he die alone :(.. an now she doesn’t want to go in side the house?. Really. .if i was her. I want to be there. To keep him cloused to me an keep his memories alive. . Rip my Aladdin.

Rachel

Posted at 11:30 PM on August 17, 2014

You are not her. do not pretend to know what you would do. No one knows how they will behave in grief. Everybody experiences grief differently. There is no right way to experience grief.

Deborah

Posted at 11:16 AM on August 17, 2014

I hate that Robin is gone. I seem to be having a hard time with his death. I hate that he is gone and had pain he was dealing with I know it’s hard and it’s a hard thing to have to feel and go thru and I know now he is free of the sadness and the darkness. I will miss you and your laughter that brought me joy and made me feel joy in my life I am struggling with your loss and hurt knowing your gone. I pray your free of any pain and free to be at peace. Love a soul you touched with your laughter and movies you brought in to my life. Deborah

tina

Posted at 11:06 AM on August 17, 2014

I hope he is watching from heaven and sees how much he meant to people he didn’t even know and how he is loved….and for all the haters …I know he went to heaven because he did GODS work on earth in helping others and making other have joy and laughter…RIP Robin and know you are loved and we thank you for all the laughs.
:] :] :] :]

Christopher long

Posted at 4:06 AM on August 17, 2014

Mork has retuned to Ork RIP robin thank you for sharing your gift with the people of earth naoo naoo

Juan Reyes Milw

Posted at 10:30 PM on August 16, 2014

I’m so sad for his family and everyone that grew up watching him all the time. I’m gonna miss him so much. Rest in peace Budd. Love ya.

Alynn

Posted at 10:16 PM on August 16, 2014

Justin… I sure hope u are ok. I’m sure the last thing Mr Williams family needs is to feel like he encouraged others to follow suit. Find something or someone to hang onto. You are never alone!

Kelly-Minnesota

Posted at 10:59 PM on August 18, 2014

Very well said Alynn. Thank you. I also suffer from a little depression and with medication, family and friends I’m doing good. It feels nice that I can have a shoulder to cry on when I need it. Wish Robin would have felt it too. I will miss him.

Alynn

Posted at 4:32 PM on August 19, 2014

I’m glad u are ok kelly! And I have to agree I wish mr Williams felt he could stay. The good man who once made us happy and laugh- has now made us sad and cry. There are lots who suffer in silence.. Hopefully justin had a change of heart and is feeling better!

Bonnie Keever

Posted at 8:56 PM on August 16, 2014

May the heavens be filled with loud laughter you will be missed . And for his children my heart is broken also but it will get better

justin

Posted at 7:20 PM on August 16, 2014

He inspired me to go forth and do the same thanks Mr.Williams

Kelly-Minnesota

Posted at 10:50 PM on August 18, 2014

Hang in there Justin. I’m sure Robin doesn’t want you to join him yet. I don’t know you but I wish you the best. I believe God is NOT ready for you yet.
Kelly

jboll5

Posted at 11:35 PM on August 18, 2014

Justin, please stay

Pam LaPier

Posted at 5:54 PM on August 16, 2014

I wonder when they lay Robin to rest if they’ll put canned laughter in with him. He’d like that.

DebraAnnT

Posted at 1:37 PM on August 16, 2014

My spirit knew this is happening…”Amazing Grace”, “I Come To The Garden Alone:, “It Is Well With My Soul” and “How Great Thou Art” have been resonating in my soul. To the family & friends, my heartfelt sympathy and prayers for The Comforter to be with you to comfort, lead and give you Peace. Not as the world gives but as Jesus Christ gives for you to thrive. God Bless & Keep You All Safe in the arms of Jesus now and forever. Love, Deb

anonymosme

Posted at 5:53 PM on August 18, 2014

Very well said, thank you Deb.

DebraAnnT

Posted at 4:35 PM on August 19, 2014

My heart says to “Let It Be”. No amount of caring or grief will bring our precious back. Use what you learned from Robin in his work. Robin would most likely say “Don’t cry for me now, now I’m happy, Live YOUR Life to the fullest EVERYDAY-make it EXTRAORDINARY”. No more pain, no more suffering. He did not hesitate to give his all…he could not imagine himself with that fantastic talent in mind to be any slower than he lived life fully in a wheelchair or bed to suffer loss of dignity. And this…The Truth? We could not handle the truth. Let Robin RIP and LIVE, EAT, LOVE. SUCCEED