‘Bad Boys 3′: Martin Lawrence Confirms Movie Sequel Is Happening

Fri, August 15, 2014 3:24pm EDT by 3 Comments 12,139 Article Views

We’re so excited! Actor Martin Lawrence revealed the sequel news to Conan O’Brien on Aug. 13, saying a script is currently being written and it’s very ‘real.’

Martin Lawrence, 49, claims he spoke to Jerry Bruckheimer — the producer of Bad Boys II — who said that a script for a third entry in the franchise is being written.

‘Bad Boys 3′ Confirmed By Martin Lawrence On Conan O’Brien — Sequel Is ‘Real’

The wait may be over! Bad Boys III is in the works, with much of the original cast, including Will Smith, set to appear.

When Conan O’Brien asked Martin whether a sequel was really in the works on the Aug. 13 episode of his late-night talk show, the actor said, “I believe so. Yes. I just talked to Jerry Bruckheimer yesterday and he said its real — they’re working on the script. They’re getting close and it all looks good.”

This is great news for Martin — his last appearance on the big screen was in 2011, when he starred as Malcolm Turner/Big Momma in the movie, Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son.

The actor has been pushing for number three for quite some time.

In 2010, Martin told MTV that a sequel was looking “realistic.” Then, in July 2014,  he took to Facebook to remind his co-star that it had been 11 years since Bad Boys II: “11 years ago today, ‘Bad Boys II’ was released in theaters. Feelin’ it’s about time for number 3 … what do you think Will Smith?”

Earlier this year, Jerry discussed the difficulties in getting a new entry made. Citing Will and Sony as the main impediments to making a new movie, Bruckheimer told Collider in April, “It’s so funny because we’ll get Sony real excited to make the movie, and then Will is off doing two movies. And then, Will will come back and be real excited about it, and Sony will say, ‘Well, maybe it’s not the time for this.’ And then, Ride Along came out and was a big hit, and now they’re all excited to make the movie, but Will is off doing something else. It’s just trying to get everybody together to make it.”

The original Bad Boys was released nearly 20 years ago. Would YOU go and see this movie if it’s ever made, HollywoodLifers?

– Cara Munn

More Martin Lawrence & Will Smith News:

1. Martin Lawrence & Kelsey Grammer In ‘Partners': Critics Slam New Series
2. Anna Wintour & Will Smith’s Family Attending Kim Kardashian’s Wedding
3. Hottest ’90s TV Guys: Will Smith, John Stamos & More — Pics

Leave a Reply

To comment, please fill in the fields below, enter your comment and select the Comment button.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

View Comment

Joseph

Posted at 2:21 PM on August 18, 2014  

yes yes yes!

 Reply
Share this comment at Share with Twitter

aymar swan

Posted at 12:42 PM on August 16, 2014  

yes!!

 Reply
Share this comment at Share with Twitter

bernard and india walker

Posted at 7:02 PM on August 15, 2014  

Kool partners . Is teresa randell able to join in . Or what ladies could speak side chick hear .

 Reply
Share this comment at Share with Twitter

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 8,026 other followers