Robin Williams’ Wife Reveals He Had Parkinson’s Disease In New Statement

Thu, August 14, 2014 2:47pm EDT by 8 Comments 17,511 Article Views
Robin Williams Parkinsons Disease
Getty

Terry Robinson

Posted at 6:47 AM on August 17, 2014

Your article is so good to read. Amazing!!
Many thanks for sharing, could I post it on my blog to share to my families?

Jackie Tanner

Posted at 1:10 PM on August 15, 2014

To clarify-I meant Rude Limbaugh!!

Jackie Tanner

Posted at 1:07 PM on August 15, 2014

His life speaks for itself.. He just didn’t think he could play that hand he was dealt

Jackie Tanner

Posted at 12:58 PM on August 15, 2014

Just saying – One of Kathie Lee Gifford’s recent statements has touched me and others may feel the same. “Be the person you want to be with.” No more energy given to a lost cause.

Scott Neilson

Posted at 10:24 PM on August 14, 2014

I spent three years (1995-98) living with and caring for several elderly people suffering from advanced dementia brought on by Parkinson’s. I saw first-hand how this disease ultimately leaves its victims trapped in a truly terrifying, living hell – with no way out except fading slowly and somewhat agonizingly into a merciful death. Robin Williams was smart enough to realize this is where he would have soon ended up – and brave enough to take control and force death to accept some of his terms. For this, I personally salute him. Much better to go that way than end life as an anxious zombie with a brain turning to treacle. Much better to choose quality over quantity.

Raising awareness

This year, I self-published The Carer, a short e-novel that offers a “Faustian tale of patricide by proxy and the corrosive effects of power” – and the strongest argument yet for quitting while we’re ahead. You can buy The Carer for USD0.99 from Amazon and all other major ebook retailers.

Scott Nelson
Halifax, Nova Scotia

Snicks

Posted at 7:02 PM on August 14, 2014

Parkinson’s is difficult. To inform or not inform. I confidentially told my boss… I learned she then went and unconfidentially told lot of people She also asked me to claim my yearly Parkinson medical appointment as sick leave rather than as a medical appointment. And I work harder since informing her. You just never know how people react. I hide things well, but I am not up on stage where every little tick can be easily observed. Possibly this realization played a role… Headlines would be everywhere. It is difficult enough to deal with without knowing everyone knows you have it, before you’re ready.

Jonathan Hughes

Posted at 4:01 PM on August 14, 2014

Upper cervical specific care practitioners that I talk about all the time could have to prevented lessened or eliminate the Parkinson’s symptoms and a host of other names too. It is the fault of the medical field that Robin Williams did not know of this care. Upcspine, the specific chiropractic and upper cervical heath centers.

Jonathan Hughes

Posted at 4:00 PM on August 14, 2014

Upper cervical spesific care practitioners that I talk about all the time could have to prevented lessened or eliminate the Parkinson’s symptoms and a host of other names too. It is the fault of the medical field that Robin Williams did not know of this care. Upcspine the specific chiropractor and upper cervical heath centers.