Ben Affleck’s Heartbreaking Farewell: Robin Williams Made ‘My Dreams Come True’

Tue, August 12, 2014 4:28pm EST by 6 Comments
Ben Affleck Robin Williams Tribute
Courtesy of Twitter/Getty

Pat Murphy

Posted at 10:40 PM on August 14, 2014

Susan Schneider was not his wife of over 20 years. Don’t you guys have proof readers?

Kerry Blackmore

Posted at 8:02 AM on August 13, 2014

My heart goes out to robin Williams and his family. It just goes to show that you should never judge a book by its cover Robin appeared happy on the outside but inside was a different story. Robin you will be sadly missed you were an inspiration to so many you brought so much laughter and joy to everyone as a depression sufferer for 10 yrs I know how low you can feel you will never be forgotten
And to Robins wife and children Thankyou for sharing this beautiful person with the world sending you all my deepest condolences R.I.P to an amazing legend from Kerry Blackmore United Kingdom

Kelly-Minnesota

Posted at 2:21 AM on August 13, 2014

My heart goes out to his family. May they always remember the good times they had with their father. We shouldn’t remember how he died but how he lived. He was a great comedian, father, friend, husband and actor who brought laughs to alot of people. R.I.P. Robin. You will be missed by many. For those negative comments that I have seen, please keep them to yourself. We are not asking you to like Robin but to think of how they will affect those left behind. God Bless You Robin! The world lost a great man.

kentuckywoman

Posted at 8:35 PM on August 12, 2014

Ahem. Susan Schneider had been married to Robin Williams only since 2011…definitely not “over 20 years”, as you state in your article. More like 3 or 4 years. You’re confusing her with his second wife, Marsha, to whom he was married for 19 years – which is closer to 20 than 3 or 4.

I’m sure all of his wives, ex and current, as well as his children, are shocked, stunned, and grieving. Having lost both of my parents, I can only say that my heart goes out to them.

We have all lost an icon. Williams was not just a comedian, he was a versatile actor capable of playing characters with great depth, as anyone who has seen One Hour Photo, Insomnia, or Night Whisperer, knows.

May he rest in peace.

me

Posted at 6:31 PM on August 12, 2014

Ben is right they were 2 nobody’s and Robin Williams was kind enough to see their talent and be in their movie that is a great guy.

Lorna Anne Coffey

Posted at 4:39 PM on August 12, 2014

Mr Afflek thank you, Mr Damon and Robin for enriching our world with a superb movie. I hope no-one judges Mr Williams but instead simply love him.