Robin Williams’ Wife ‘Utterly Heartbroken’ Over Tragic Death — See Statement

Mon, August 11, 2014 7:51pm EDT by 33 Comments 100,984 Article Views

So devastating. Oscar-winning actor Robin Williams was found dead in his home in Tiburon, Calif on Aug. 11. Robin’s wife, Susan Schneider, has now issued a statement about her ‘beloved’ husband.

In the wake of Robin’s death on Aug. 11 at the age of 63, his wife, Susan Schneider, has made a public statement about her “profound grief.” Read her deeply emotional message below.

Robin Williams Wife On Actor’s Death — Susan Schneider Heartbroken In Statement

Susan married Robin on October 23, 2011 in St. Helena, Calif. She has now issued the following statement about Robin’s death:

Robin Williams Dead At 63: Daughter Absolutely Devastated & Inconsolable

“This morning, I lost my husband and my best friend, while the world lost one of its most beloved artists and beautiful human beings. I am utterly heartbroken. On behalf of Robin’s family we are asking for privacy during our time of profound grief. As he is remembered, it is our hope the focus will not be on Robin’s death, but on the countless moments of joy and laughter he gave to millions.”

PIC: Robin Williams’ Last Instagram Was Of His Beloved Daughter Zelda Rae

Our thoughts are with Robin during this very difficult time. “This morning, I lost

Robin Williams Dead At 63: ‘Aladdin’ Costars & More Celebs Mourn Actor

Robin Williams Dead — Actor & Comedian Dies From Possible Suicide At 63

Robin’s publicist Mara Buxbaum has not confirmed the cause of Robin’s death, but she did issue the following statement, according to our sister site Variety:

“Robin Williams passed away this morning. He has been battling severe depression of late. This is a tragic and sudden loss. The family respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time.”

The Marin County Sheriff’s Office Coroner Division also released a statement to HollywoodLife.com:

On August 11, 2014, at approximately 11:55 am, Marin County Communications received a 9-1-1 telephone call reporting a male adult had been located unconscious and not breathing inside his residence in unincorporated Tiburon, CA. The Sheriff’s Office, as well as the Tiburon Fire Department and Southern Marin Fire Protection District were dispatched to the incident with emergency personnel arriving on scene at 12:00 pm. The male subject, pronounced deceased at 12:02 pm has been identified as Robin McLaurin Williams, a 63 year old resident of unincorporated Tiburon, CA.

An investigation into the cause, manner, and circumstances of the death is currently underway by the Investigations and Coroner Divisions of the Sheriff’s Office. Preliminary information developed during the investigation indicates Mr. Williams was last seen alive at his residence, where he resides with his wife, at approximately 10:00 pm on August 10, 2014. Mr. Williams was located this morning shortly before the 9-1-1 call was placed to Marin County Communications. At this time, the Sheriff’s Office Coroner Division suspects the death to be a suicide due to asphyxia, but a comprehensive investigation must be completed before a final determination is made. A forensic examination is currently scheduled for August 12, 2014 with subsequent toxicology testing to be conducted.

We will keep you updated as more new information becomes available.

The world has truly lost one of the funniest actors in history. Our thoughts are with Robin’s loved ones during this very difficult time.

WATCH: Robin Williams’ Hilarious Cooking Scene In ‘Mrs. Doubtfire’

– Megan Ross

More Robin Williams News:

1. Robin Williams Found Dead At 63
  2. Robin Williams, 62, Checks Into Rehab To Maintain His Sobriety

holly

Posted at 12:34 PM on September 6, 2014

Robin was an inspiration at 47 i have decided to try to do stand up again just from watching hi

Wanda richardson

Posted at 12:05 AM on August 29, 2014

The one that laughs the loudest is usually crying inside. I suffer from depression for the last 20 yrs. it is a terrible disease. When you are suffering material things you have is just no big deal . His achievements with his talent just did not matter. He wAs in pain and depression is horrible. You just want to go to sleep and the pain will go away. An argument that morning with his wife could have pushed him over the edge. We will never know. It’s hard to believe no one saw he was in so much pain. Everything he did was very genius. Never will we see this talent again. I cry inside for this big loss. It is hard to believe he did this. Did his wife truly not see him that morning.? Was it the Parkinson’s he did not want to face ? He made me laugh when at times I was so depressed. I wish I knew him
, I could have helped him. God please forgive him and let him rejoice with you because he was a very
Special person. I pray for him everyday.
I pray for his children his wife his x wife’s. I don’t understand why his death and burial was not shared with the public that loved him. But we must go on and enjoy his legacy with his movies he left us. Wanda richardson mccalla al

depression for the last 20 yrs. it.

Hard to believe that no one saw

kate vandehey maule

Posted at 11:17 PM on August 16, 2014

My prayers go out to you and Robins children may he rest in peace..e

LRH

Posted at 11:16 PM on August 12, 2014

Sad, tragic and senseless. Perhaps Robin would still be alive if he stopped to think how devastated his family, especially his children, would be after such a selfish act of self-absoption.

RandomTurtle

Posted at 4:53 AM on August 16, 2014

I doubt he took his own life. He was too full of life to let it go, especially so quietly without any note, or preparation, and just after his Daughter’s birthday? What kind of present would that be for a father to give his princess? There’s something fishy about this whole thing.

Roark

Posted at 8:24 PM on August 12, 2014

What about Cory Montieth, Whitney Houston, Heath Ledger, Michael Jackson and so many others? ILLUMINATI

DD

Posted at 6:04 AM on August 13, 2014

@ Roark: How about DRUGS?

Juliette A Landes

Posted at 4:11 PM on August 12, 2014

Somehow I find it hard to believe Robin Williams did this to himself. It seems really very suspicious to me. I hope his death is fully investigated.

Roark

Posted at 8:23 PM on August 12, 2014

You are not alone. This does seem suspicious to me as well.

carly

Posted at 10:33 PM on August 13, 2014

Agree it is suspicious- immediate statement by wife and why would she go out at 10 30 in the morning without checking in on him – when she certainly knew of his issues?

jacqui

Posted at 11:46 AM on August 12, 2014

So sad to lose such a funny person, robin must have been so unhappy to take his own life, may you now be at peace, my thoughts go out to his lovely family, thankyou robin, for being in my life xx

Stephanie

Posted at 11:43 AM on August 12, 2014

I used to watch Mork and Mindy way back in the 70’s back in Highschool. Robin Williams made me laugh all my life and what other grown man could ever play Peter Pan! As a person who suffers from severe depression myself, infact Biopolar I realize how terriable and misunderstood this condition is. Robin you gave great joy and laughter to many thankyou!

gtizwayanb

Posted at 11:42 AM on August 12, 2014

.Are you still single ? You are not alone. Free join~ ♥ M i x e d Luv. Ćom ♥ ~~ Millions of singles have joined it.. This is a Serious interracial dating site for black and white singles seeking relationships, friendships, dating ,love and more. Single black people meeting single white people is why we are here. Hundreds of new interracial singles who same as you join here everyday.xcbxb

DD

Posted at 7:38 AM on August 12, 2014

Robin Williams has been in my home (via the tv) more times than some family members. He will be missed. Deepest sympathy to family and friends.

c-love

Posted at 7:35 AM on August 12, 2014

You ppl are super slow if you think that his wife isn’t grieving. I’ve only been with my guy a year and eleven months and I refuse to think of something this tragic happening to him!!! Love is love…I feel sorry for you ppl…smh. Who wouldn’t love Robin Williams???

cali kush

Posted at 2:02 AM on August 12, 2014

His wife was probably cheating on him and he knew if they got a divorce she would get half. She has no grieve they’ve only been together 3 years. Where was she when he was ha ngining himself???

Phillip

Posted at 2:35 AM on August 12, 2014

Yes you are absolutely correct. No one can “only” be married for 3 years and not be truly grieved by their spouses untimely death.
Get a grip moron and let “the family grieve with dignity” not unfounded and stupid rumors as you would choose to spread.

c-love

Posted at 7:40 AM on August 12, 2014

U tell it Phillip!!! Effin moron!!!

Diana Goodavage

Posted at 1:29 PM on August 12, 2014

They weren’t even married for three years. They were married in October of 2011.

The main question: Why wasn’t someone with him? Especially the lady who now claims to be “heart-broken” over his death? Apparently everyone knew he was “battling depression?”

Yet he was all alone on a Sunday evening?

Nia

Posted at 3:21 AM on August 12, 2014

cali kush – are you a moron?

Diana Goodavage

Posted at 12:25 PM on August 12, 2014

I was thinking the same, actually.

I hope I’m wrong, though.

And, her official statement seemed a little . . . well, contrived. And defensive.

He was depressed for such a long time, everybody knew it, yet she — does nothing? Takes no precautions? Doesn’t try to get help for him?

Leaves him alone at night?

Diana Goodavage

Posted at 12:28 PM on August 12, 2014

I agree with Cali Kush.

Joanne Brown

Posted at 12:20 AM on August 13, 2014

I also think it is very strange that his wife, whom claims to have lost her best friend and husband, was sleeping in a separate bedroom, went out shopping at 10 in the morning, without checking on or saying goodbye to her severely depressed husband… Just seems out of place for me….

Emma

Posted at 1:49 AM on September 6, 2014

I agree with you. She is hiding behind false statements, and I don’t believe Robin had Parkinsons for a second. Good way to foil suspicion on her butt though. Lets hope the cops are smart and are checking her out, like her cellphone and computer. I think she has a lover boy and was with him and not at home at all Sunday night. I also think she either did it or had someone kill Robin and stage it to look like a suicide, because it certainly sounded like a poorly staged event. Robin was depressed about being married to her but he would not take his life over it.

LRH

Posted at 11:19 PM on August 12, 2014

Why were they sleeping in separate bedrooms? CNN or HLN reported his wife went to bed and qwhen she arose, she thought he was still sleeping. He was found in a closet, alone in his room. Apparently she didn’t check “his room” to see if he was sleeping. Just saying

carly

Posted at 10:36 PM on August 13, 2014

Good question Cali- I wonder the same. She goes out late morning without checking on him when she knows of his issues? Very odd

Dana

Posted at 12:23 AM on August 12, 2014

He always made me laugh.God bless Robins wife and children my thoughts and prayers are with them!

ana

Posted at 11:39 PM on August 11, 2014

I’m still in shock but he will always be remembered and loved forever what a genuine human being.He brought joy and laughter to our lives and always will! RIP you beautiful soul.

anonymosme

Posted at 8:37 PM on August 11, 2014

MY SINCERE CONDOLENCES, THE WORLD HAS LOST A GREAT MAN. REST IN PEACE ROBIN, GOD BLESS.

me

Posted at 8:28 PM on August 11, 2014

I really can’t believe it wow.Robin Williams is a funny,talent so sad he had his demons take over.

Juliet Ukah

Posted at 8:17 PM on August 11, 2014

Reblogged this on Life in St kitts and commented:
Sad !sooo sad

Neg

Posted at 8:13 PM on August 11, 2014

RIP Robin Williams!! You will be greatly missed! Your legacy will live forever because your movies!!

Susy

Posted at 8:07 PM on August 11, 2014

So sad. Condolences to his family. RIP Robin Williams.