Robin Williams Found Dead At 63 From Apparent Suicide

Mon, August 11, 2014 7:17pm EDT by 20 Comments 18,470 Article Views

So heartbreaking. Oscar-winning actor and comedian Robin Williams was found dead in his Tiburon, Calif. home on Aug. 11. He was 63.

The world lost a great talent on Aug. 11, when legendary actor and comedian Robin Williams was found dead of a reported suicide at age 63. His cause of death is believed to be suicide by asphyxiation, according to the local coroner’s office.

Robin Williams Dead — Actor & Comedian Dies From Possible Suicide At 63

Robin’s publicist Mara Buxbaum has not confirmed whether his death was a suicide, but she issued the following statement, according to our sister site Variety:

Robin Williams Dead At 63: ‘Aladdin’ Costars & More Celebs Mourn Actor

“Robin Williams passed away this morning. He has been battling severe depression of late. This is a tragic and sudden loss. The family respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time.”

Robin Williams’ Wife ‘Utterly Heartbroken’ Over Tragic Death — See Statement

The Marin County Sheriff’s Office Coroner Division also released a statement to HollywoodLife.com that read:

On August 11, 2014, at approximately 11:55 am, Marin County Communications received a 9-1-1 telephone call reporting a male adult had been located unconscious and not breathing inside his residence in unincorporated Tiburon, CA. The Sheriff’s Office, as well as the Tiburon Fire Department and Southern Marin Fire Protection District were dispatched to the incident with emergency personnel arriving on scene at 12:00 pm. The male subject, pronounced deceased at 12:02 pm has been identified as Robin McLaurin Williams, a 63 year old resident of unincorporated Tiburon, CA.

An investigation into the cause, manner, and circumstances of the death is currently underway by the Investigations and Coroner Divisions of the Sheriff’s Office. Preliminary information developed during the investigation indicates Mr. Williams was last seen alive at his residence, where he resides with his wife, at approximately 10:00 pm on August 10, 2014. Mr. Williams was located this morning shortly before the 9-1-1 call was placed to Marin County Communications. At this time, the Sheriff’s Office Coroner Division suspects the death to be a suicide due to asphyxia, but a comprehensive investigation must be completed before a final determination is made. A forensic examination is currently scheduled for August 12, 2014 with subsequent toxicology testing to be conducted.

Robin Williams’ Life & Career

Robin enjoyed a more than 40-year-long, award-winning career as an actor, stand-up comedian and voice actor, though his private life was often troubled. The Good Will Hunting star struggled with drug and alcohol addictions for years. He was sober for 20 years before he “found himself drinking again,” according to his publicist, and then checked himself into a substance-abuse rehab center in August, 2006. He later revealed to the world that he was an alcoholic.

Robin was married three times, to Valerie Velardi from 1978 to 1988, to Marsha Garces from 1989 to 2008, and to graphic designer Susan Schneider from 2011 until his death. Robin had one child from his marriage with Valerie, son Zachary Pym, and two children from his marriage with Marsha, daughter Zelda Rae and son Cody Alan.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Robin’s family and friends during this very sad time.

WATCH: Robin Williams’ Crazy 1st Appearance On Johnny Carson’s ‘Tonight Show’

– Tierney McAfee

More Sad Deaths:

1. Drew Barrymore’s Half Sister Found Dead Inside Her Car In San Diego
  2. Johnny Winter: Blues Icon Found Dead In His Hotel Room
  3. Dave Legeno: ‘Harry Potter’ Actor Found Dead In Desert

mano

Posted at 6:59 AM on August 27, 2014

Photos

Download Best HD Desktop Wallpapers,Download the most beautiful Wallpaper for desktop with 1280×1024, 1024×768, and 1440×900, 1280×800 resolutions, LCD Full Width Desktop wallpapers

A person that use to suffer depression as well

Posted at 11:09 AM on August 13, 2014

RIP Robin Williams, One more bright star in the sky , may you rest in peace. I still remember your quote (I use to think that the worst thing in life was to end up alone , its not , the worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone) I wonder to whom or who he refered to . yes he was depressed , though depression can be helped once it has been caught in due time. Mr. williams even informed the media about his depression at one time. yet nothing was done. I hope you can rest in peace Robin Williams . and my condolences to his kids , they are the ones that i know will grieve the most in this situation.

Dawn

Posted at 10:26 AM on August 12, 2014

What dreams may come……

DD

Posted at 7:31 AM on August 12, 2014

Very sad.

rose brace

Posted at 3:33 AM on August 12, 2014

R.I.P Robin Williams it is such a shame to hear that one of the world’s beloved comedy actors of all time has died at the age of 63. My condolences go out to his wife and children at this tragic time in the life’s. My favourite films of Robins are Aladdin and Mrs Doubtfire as I was born in 1992 my childhood of films was Disneys Aladdin and Mrs doubtfire. He will be sadly missed by everyone.

Tigist Tesfa

Posted at 12:49 AM on August 12, 2014

RIP

Loopy

Posted at 12:20 AM on August 12, 2014

There is another bright star in the sky shining and smiling down on us. Robin was and will always be brilliant.

Lily

Posted at 9:38 PM on August 11, 2014

May his Soul Rest In Peace. But I don’t understand why ppl commit suicide? There are many ppl in the hospital praying to walk again I mean just walk while some we sit and are like I will End my Precious Life. As for me and my entire household that sh*t don’t work with us.

Juliet Ukah

Posted at 8:23 PM on August 11, 2014

Reblogged this on Life in St kitts.

D

Posted at 8:10 PM on August 11, 2014

Robin Williams will be missed. I pray his family will find the strength to get through this lost.

anonymosme

Posted at 7:40 PM on August 11, 2014

GOD BLESS YOU ROBIN, I’M AT A LOSS FOR WORDS, THIS IS A SHOCK TO ALL, AS YOU ARE SUCH A TALENTED AND HUMOROUS STAR, GOD BE WITH YOUR FAMILY, MY SINCERE CONDOLENCES..

.....

Posted at 7:39 PM on August 11, 2014

Sad, sad, sad. He was a great comedian.

Eviii

Posted at 7:37 PM on August 11, 2014

I felt a sting in my heart, he was so kind and friendly and funny.
This is a huge löss, because there are only a few with a big heart as his.
May he rest in peace.

Loopy

Posted at 12:53 AM on August 12, 2014

Amen

christine

Posted at 7:35 PM on August 11, 2014

he have always make me laugh… he will be miss

Bonita Gerow

Posted at 7:29 PM on August 11, 2014

My heart breaks for Robin as I know what depression is like..it can be horribly lonely and frightening. I will miss his humor and his beautiful smile. God be with you Robin and with your family at this time.

manny

Posted at 7:23 PM on August 11, 2014

sad…r.i.p Robin..love your movies..mrs.doubtfire,birdcage,good morning Vietnam and many more.hope you have peace :( God bless you and your family

southie

Posted at 7:20 PM on August 11, 2014

Oh my god. I can’t stop crying. All my prayers go out to his loved ones

Mallory

Posted at 7:30 PM on August 11, 2014

I have meet robin on several times – he lived next store to a very good friend of mine. He was an amazing person as well as a comedian . Very down to earth -unlike so many Hollywood stars that I have meet. A true loss to all of use

chae terry

Posted at 9:04 AM on August 12, 2014

oh! my goodness! it’s sad and one of star’s gone but other hand his flims with us forever to remamber him!