A beautiful baby girl was killed when she accidentally fell into a mop bucket filled with water. The girl’s parents claim she was only left alone for barely 4 minutes when this tragedy happened. So sad.
Marielle Dalimata, 11 months old, died after being submerged in a bucket filled with water that she could not escape. The girl had been left unsupervised by her parents, Mark and Kayla Dalimata, for just a few moments when the incident occurred. Marielle was set to turn one just ten days after her accidental death, and now her devastated parents are planning a funeral instead of a birthday party.
Baby Girl Drowns In Mop Bucket Filled With Water
This sad story is a reminder why parents need to remember that looking away for even just a moment can be dangerous.
On Saturday night, Aug. 2 in Creston, Montana, little Marielle somehow managed to tip head-first into a mop bucket filled with water, reports the Daily Mail.
Her parents had left her alone in the room for just a moment or two when the accident occurred, but that was all it took. By the time they discovered little Marielle, it was too late to save her.
Although Mark and Kayla tried to save their baby girl by performing CPR on her, she was declared dead once she arrived at the hospital.
Flathead County Sheriff Chuck Curry firmly believes that this error in judgement was just that — a mistake that took a little girl’s life.
Sadly, little Marielle’s body has still been sent for a criminal autopsy until further notice.
Little Marielle leaves behind her parents and an older unidentified brother.
Because they were planning her first birthday party, now Mark and Kayla’s circumstances have changed drastically. The family set up a GoFundMe page in hopes of raising enough money to give their little girl a proper funeral.
Our thoughts go out to Marielle’s family during this difficult time.
— Lauren Cox