‘The Big Bang Theory’ Cast Signs $90 Million Deal — $1M Per Episode

Mon, August 4, 2014 1:30pm EDT by 27 Comments 34,362 Article Views
The Big Bang Theory Million Deal
Courtesy of CBS

ED

Posted at 7:55 PM on September 19, 2014

No one needs that kind of money. If Kaley is feeling uncomfortable she could always give a lot of away by donating it to a few good causes. I have never watched the show and do not think I will start now. Not my kind of humor.

Mike Shontz

Posted at 5:43 PM on September 19, 2014

They should be comfortable with thier new contract. Sure it is a lot of money for acting. Too much? The producers/advertisers didn’t think so. Acting is a very volatile profession. This deal may have to last them a life time. Be happy for them, and the taxpayers who will reap a percentage of the wages.Would you deny the California Gold Miners their just rewards?

Steve

Posted at 4:42 PM on September 19, 2014

Good for them, I pray they are responsible with the money and enjoy their lives. They give up a lot of privacy being on TV and put on an entertaining show. It would be nice to make that much money, but I wouldn’t be willing to give up my privacy in order to earn it.

Lisa

Posted at 5:03 PM on August 5, 2014

At least I don’t have to pay to park and pay for my seat to watch their show. Athletes make multi-millions and it is the public that pays them. If the powers that be want to pay their actors that much, it is the sponsors that suck up the cost.

Tito

Posted at 12:13 PM on August 5, 2014

Now Jim Parsons can get a solid gold butt plug.

Mel

Posted at 10:26 PM on August 5, 2014

What an ignorant, stupid disrespectful homophobic thing to say. Go away

James

Posted at 4:39 PM on September 19, 2014

plenty of straight men and women use butt plugs for their own pleasure… the fact that you think anal stimulation automatically means someone is homosexual makes you the stupid and ignorant one.

joe redford

Posted at 11:49 AM on August 5, 2014

thats a free society folks. Its the best country on earth they say .Welll I say BS cuba is a better country.

Matt

Posted at 9:23 AM on August 5, 2014

What bothers me the most is that people in our country are starving, school funding is being cut, people are unemployed, some don’t have health care coverage, houses are going into foreclosure, and children are living in poverty. I am glad to see our country has it’s priorities in place. Sooner or later this country will be down the tubes unless we wake up and refocus on what is important in the world. What a shame. I am not knocking the talent of these actors but we are dumping so much money into athletes, tv and movie personalities, and musicians. Just my 2 cents but to each his own.

Razor mureithi

Posted at 1:20 AM on August 5, 2014

best news today

ANONYMOUS

Posted at 11:24 PM on August 4, 2014

HOW DO THE BIG BANG THEORY CELEBRITIES EARN MILLION DOLLARS PER EPISODE??? IN FACT WHY DO CELEBRITIES, MODELS AND ATHLETES GET PAID SO MUCH? WHAT THE HELL DO THEY DO WITH THESE AMOUNT OF MONEY????? WHY, JUST WHY???? I SERIOUSLY DO NOT BELIEVE THEY NEED SO MUCH MONEY FOR THE SUCH LITTLE THINGS THAT THEY DO. DO THEY ALL ACTUALLY BELIEVE THEY NEED THOUSANDS AND MILLIONS OF PAYOUT? HAHAAHA THAT AMUSES ME

Dave

Posted at 9:28 PM on August 4, 2014

They do NOT deserve a million dollars an episode. I love TBBT but those 3 are just being greedy and selfish. Sorry, I just think that 1 million dollars an episode is ridiculous.

Mel Rose

Posted at 10:53 PM on August 4, 2014

I just cannot believe some of the posts. It’s not like these actors walked up to the table and said give me a million dollars per episode. Their agents negotiated the numbers. If TIme Warner could not afford it they would not be paying it. If someone walked up to those who don’t agree and offered you 1 million dollars would you say “Oh that’s just too much money, I couldn’t take it” Of course you would. Yes I believe it’s excessive and the pay does create higher prices in the theaters but these people are talented funny, people who have a great gift. I hope that the other’s also go pay raises because I think Mayim, Kunal, Melissa and Melissa deserve them too. This is a team effort. If it were just the three of them there would not be many stories to tell. The other’s make the episodes complete. Stop complaining you guys, you would take the money too.

Rikardo Pardede

Posted at 9:40 AM on August 13, 2014

Friends’ cast earned 1 mil per episode on Season 9 and 10. I even think that they are underpaid until season 7. I’m not quite sure about the 1 mil for the last 3 seasons, but I think it’s reasonable

gary

Posted at 3:55 PM on September 19, 2014

That’s just jealousy speaking. They are worth what the studios are willing to pay.

Shawn Lidon

Posted at 6:23 PM on August 4, 2014

it seems a lot of money but think about how much the networks make off the show if the actors can get paid 1mil an episode the network stands to make a hell of a lot more then that so it is only fair ….makle me and everyone else jealous for sure though

Larry Wentworth

Posted at 6:14 PM on August 4, 2014

Strange no one complained when Jerry Seinfeld was making 7 million per episode, these guys are worth every penny

Kevin Smith

Posted at 4:27 PM on August 5, 2014

The never got that much. They did want to pay him 5 million per episode for an other season, but he didn’t want it because he wanted to end the show.

Skye

Posted at 4:00 PM on August 4, 2014

Wow I will never understand why actors get paid that much money. 1 million dollars an episode how about giving 1 million for each life doctors and nurses save that’s worth a million dollars… All that money can go to more important things.

Do You!

Posted at 3:39 PM on August 4, 2014

My hat off to them. Acting is hard work.
If a person has never done it, they shouldn’t speak on it.
It’s hard repetitive work, under hot lights and sometimes terrible conditions.
I love the show and wish them well.

a hogg

Posted at 3:07 PM on August 4, 2014

Yeah right those 3 greedy nerds do not even deserve 99 dollars per show!

idiot

Posted at 8:42 PM on August 4, 2014

What you dont realize is 1 they actually arent nerds, and they got to school to learn that stuff for they show and spend 14 hours a day working FOR YOUR entertainment, so if anything your greedy for not realizing the work they do FOR YOU TO LAUGH

Mel

Posted at 2:37 PM on August 4, 2014

Although it’s excessive I LOVE this cast. Time Warner is a multi billion dollar company and if they will pay it, why not accept it. All of them have said they live doing the show so who cares what they make. It’s not coming out if my bank account. I will watch every epusode at least once and enjoy every minute Iof it

IMO

Posted at 2:34 PM on August 4, 2014

wait! what about the others ones, they deserve raise like them too only fair to them!?

Jimmy

Posted at 11:58 PM on August 5, 2014

Right on a team of actors more than three in this case
make this show what it is,

IMO

Posted at 2:29 PM on August 4, 2014

greedy casts members!!!!!!!!!! they care about money more than theirs fans watching the show!? all three of them go away and leave the show for good!.

a hogg