T.I. Disses Nicki Minaj: I Didn’t Ghostwrite For Iggy Azalea

Fri, July 25, 2014 12:54pm EDT by 33 Comments 31,726 Article Views

Feud Alert! When Nicki Minaj took the stage at the BET Awards to accept her honor for Best Female Hip Hop Artist, the rapper accused newcomer, Iggy Azalea, of not writing her own lyrics. Now T.I. is coming to Iggy’s defense claiming that he is not her ghostwriter.

Iggy Azalea, 24, may be new to the female rap genre, but she has had plenty of success thanks to her hit song of the summer, “Fancy.” After Nicki Minaj dissed the Australian beauty accusing her of not writing her own lyrics, T.I. has come to her defense in a new diss to Nicki! Read below for all the details.

T.I. Disses Nicki Minaj

Although Iggy is clearly making a name for herself in the female rap genre with her hit song of the summer, ”Fancy,” not everyone is her biggest fan.

As HollywoodLife.com previously reported, Nicki threw some major shade Iggy’s way while she was accepting her award, insinuating that the budding star is not responsible for writing her own lyrics.

Nicki said, “But my point is, what I want the world to know about Nicki Minaj is, that when you hear Nicki Minaj spit, Nicki Minaj wrote it.” Although the rapper tried to backtrack her diss, the burn had already made a mark saying, “No, no, no shade. No, no, no shade.”

Now Iggy’s Grand Hustle boss. T.I. is coming to the young rappers defense claiming that she does write her own lyrics.”I mean, I ain’t no ghostwriter,” T.I said in an interview with Detroit’s Hot 107.5. “Iggy got her own ideas and thoughts that she presents to the world her own way.”

“I couldnt write a lot of the s–t she say,” the artist continued. “I couldn’t put her thoughts into words as articulate as she does. She just has a different way of presenting herself and her art.”

While T.I. did say that Iggy is responsible for her lyrics, he does admit that people in the studio help each other. “Now, don’t get me wrong, everybody in the studio helps with hooks and certain things like that. That goes for me and any of the other top five rappers [and] performers.”

Click here to listen to the full interview!

T.I. Gets Dissed By Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Nicki and Iggy are not the only one’s who have been dissed lately.  T.I. has been feuding with famed boxer, Floyd Mayweather Jr, 27, for the past few months.

As HollywoodLife.com previously reported, the feud started back in May, when T.I. was caught on camera trying to throw a punch at Floyd in Las Vegas. Apparently, T.I. flew off the handle when he saw that his wife, Tameka “Tiny” Cottle, had posted a picture with Floyd’s daughter, Iyanna Mayweather.

After seeing the pic, the rapper throught that Floyd was trying to get closer to his beloved wife, and that’s when things got violent.

Things seemed to cool down between the two, until Floyd admitted that he had actually had sexual relations with Tiny while at a press conference on July 18. Just one day later, the boxer took to Instagram to explain that T.I. thought he was having sex with Tiny, but that he never did.

Floyd wrote, “At the press conference, I said “… he thinks I was f*cking his b*tch”. I DID NOT say “… I was f*cking his b*tch”. I’ve never been with Tiny sexually. I respect her situation and I thinks she’s a good person. I would never disrespect a marriage. #Mayhem on September 13th.”

It’s all very confusing, and we think that all of these amazing stars should stop dissing one another and get along!

What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Do you think  T.I should have dissed Nicki? Are you team Iggy or Nicki?

– Caitlin Beck

More Iggy Azalea & T.I News:

1. Nicki Minaj Tweets: ‘Racism Is Alive & Well’ — Dissing Iggy Azalea Again?
  2. Nick Young: The Romantic Way He Wins Iggy Azalea’s Heart
  3. Floyd Mayweather On Damage Control After Huge T.I. Diss

Princess a.k.a Nicki-sparkle

Posted at 11:44 AM on September 10, 2014

Well, i’m a great fan of Nicki. I mean she’s part of my inspiration, but i like Iggy as well…..Nicki shouldn’t have said that. I just gatta say Team Iggy in this case

Jordan

Posted at 8:37 AM on September 2, 2014

Im glad TI defended Iggy. Nicki is just mad that us white girls now rule hip hop. Team iggy

Jordan

Posted at 8:31 AM on September 2, 2014

Kyle

Posted at 3:57 AM on August 28, 2014

I hope he did, Nicki and Iggy are both talentless. T.I is a real rapper.

REE

Posted at 10:35 AM on August 3, 2014

END SENSATIONALISM.

BE AN A PROFESSIONAL JOURNALIST.

RETRACT THE FALSE HEADLINE.

DO BETTER NEXT TIME.

WRITE A COMPELLING STORY.

nuni

Posted at 4:18 PM on July 29, 2014

I don’t think T.I dissed Nicki he just stood up for Iggy and let Nicki know the truth, but I’m team Nicki I’ll always have mad love for her no one can come close to being her, but Iggy is a great rapper too.

Precious

Posted at 5:41 PM on July 28, 2014

Nicki all the way.Even though iggy made the hit song “fancy” nicki has been in the game more and iggy is not better than nicki just of one song.

Ps.nicki=👑

Janaee

Posted at 10:42 PM on July 26, 2014

Nicki threw shade and everyone know she did. Being upset with Iggy cause Iggy making it is very stupid because nicki has been in the game way to long. I Love iggy because she being chilled , NICKI just want problems. Unnecessary problems. I think nicki knows Iggy has mad talent and is nervous about what she going to do. And as for Nicki making making the comment about her writing her own stuff at one point in time Drake didn’t write his own stuff so she shouldn’t diss if one of her own peoples didn’t write they’re own stuff.

dai ya

Posted at 9:33 PM on July 26, 2014

Nicki didn’t diss Iggy. What she meant about her speech was a TMZ host who said that Nicki’s Songs were not written by her. That’s why even Lil Wayne laughed at the acceptance speech. Smh, These people really want for them to fight and diss each other

Mich

Posted at 4:45 PM on July 26, 2014

Nicki put out a statement immediately and let the world know that her statement about writing lyrics was not directed to Iggy at all. Iggy has not behaved irrationally and responded negatively or rashly. It’s only her “fans” or really, Nicki’s haters, who are wishing for a huge beef to start between the two.

Jasmine

Posted at 3:35 AM on July 26, 2014

I saw no dissing anywhere in the article…people really want beef between these two to happen huh…

~AsianEyes~

Posted at 1:40 AM on July 26, 2014

I missed the diss. What i just read was Tip clarifying a misunderstanding…

datgirl_Laura

Posted at 11:14 PM on July 25, 2014

Just put it like this iggy got nicki scared by 2 songs dont get me wrong im a nicki fan but maybe she is a little offended by iggy.

Gordon

Posted at 4:27 AM on July 26, 2014

I don’t think she’s scared, but she is offended, and should be! This basic wack “rapper” is profiting from a profession that Nicki has worked hard to achieve. Iggy would have no platform if it wasn’t for nicki’s iconic contributions to female rap.

Ashley

Posted at 11:11 PM on July 25, 2014

Yall have 2 see it a new era just like nicki took the throne from kim now it iggy turn.yall nicki fans have to see that nicki is jealous of iggy and afraid that she is going to take her place.haha nicki is scared

Gordon

Posted at 4:36 AM on July 26, 2014

…..Of what?! If Iggy was to be as successful as Nicki, it certainly won’t be on a lyrical level, only physical! You Iggy lovers need to realize…she’s wack! Everything about her is smoke and mirrors….talent sold seperately! LOL.

barbies back

Posted at 1:35 PM on July 26, 2014

I agree with u :)

Nicole Cooper

Posted at 5:24 PM on August 20, 2014

And Everything about Nikki is plastic, put any fire next to her and she will melt!

Nicole Cooper

Posted at 5:22 PM on August 20, 2014

Nikki is HOT garbage! The only reason she is famous is because the kids in this era are tone deaf! Nikki write her own music…and dogs eat their own poop, kind of the same thing if you ask me! She is a copy cat who did everything Lil Kim did down to a T and tried to call it original. All of this has been done and better than you I may add!

anderutbxc

Posted at 10:58 PM on July 25, 2014

.Are you still single ? You are not alone. Free join~ ♥ M i x e d Luv. Ćom ♥ ~~ Millions of singles have joined it.. This is a Serious interracial dating site for black and white singles seeking relationships, friendships, dating ,love and more. Single black people meeting single white people is why we are here. Hundreds of new interracial singles who same as you join here everyday.xcbxcb

alexis minsiah

Posted at 9:11 PM on July 25, 2014

Y’all iggy likers better stop thinking that that wannabe girl you love can ever match my girl NICKI NICKI

Gordon

Posted at 9:35 PM on July 25, 2014

Exactly Alexis. No matter how much commercial success she’s had(and most likely she’s already on her way down.) she will never hold a MATCHSTICK to Nicki’s level of talent!

K-child

Posted at 7:48 PM on July 25, 2014

nicki is just jealous that she shared the stage with iggy.

Jessica

Posted at 7:17 PM on July 25, 2014

Its just sad how nicki would go that low just because she think iggy is going to take her spot.your not always gonna rap queen deal with it.its iggy time now.thanks 2 Ti

Zepher Manboy

Posted at 7:07 PM on July 25, 2014

The only thing I want to know about Nicki Minaj is: Is she any good at candy crush, or crystal bloom?

Nicole Cooper

Posted at 5:25 PM on August 20, 2014

That is a good question because she is not good at music

Teamminajforever

Posted at 6:18 PM on July 25, 2014

It’s not Nicky its Nicki and Nicki wasn’t being mean when she said that!! And actually Nicki is way more successful than Iggy, why don’t you guys do your little research!! And yes if she has more talent and her Barbz fight for Nicki then yes SHE CAN be Queen of rap forever!!!! deal with it!

kaya

Posted at 2:35 PM on July 25, 2014

It is true that I respect Nicki due to all what she’ve been through, she’s the queen… But srsly Iggy’s song ” Fancy ” is actually better than all Nicki’s songs ✌

Teamminajforever

Posted at 6:21 PM on July 25, 2014

all i’m gonna say to that is that’s your opinion

SAM NAMIBIA

Posted at 1:10 PM on July 25, 2014

NICKY IS AFRAID IGGY MIGHT TAKE HER POSITION OF RAPPING,AND NOW SHE’S ARCUSING HER OF NOT WRITING HER OWN LYRICS WHICH SUCKZZZZZ………THANKX TO T.I FOR DEFENDING IGGY,,,,COZ THIS TWO MIGHT FALL FOR ONE ANOTHER!!!!!!!!!!*****%%%%

SAM NAMIBIA

Posted at 1:10 PM on July 25, 2014

aisha

Posted at 5:45 PM on July 25, 2014

Nicky ,everybody have their time,you cant be Rapping queen for ever,people are b4 you and will come after you,just like the beautifull IGGY,Thank T.I

Nicole Cooper

Posted at 5:28 PM on August 20, 2014

The only position that Nicki should be worried about is the one she has under Drake and Lil Wayne!