mtvU Fandom Awards Winners 2014 — Full List: ‘Vampire Diaries’ & More

Fri, July 25, 2014 5:10pm EST by 10 Comments
MTVU Fandom Awards Winners 2014
Courtesy of CW

Damon

Posted at 1:52 PM on August 7, 2014

Wow, TVD Won… SPN Sherlock and TW are like the most things talked about ships on tumblr….

playfulpanthress

Posted at 11:15 PM on August 2, 2014

I find it odd that disagreeing on who won is hating. I am confounded myself that Delena won. Before TVD fans go saying I am jealous, ask when was the last time your fandom BEAT Supernatural? I can’t remember. And word was out on Tumblr to vote.

I also find it strange that of the Ship catagory THREE couples are same sex, but the winner is one of two breeder couples? O.o

One of which has a sizeable but uninterested base and the other had a huge following for the ship that has since dwindled due to the real life breakup of the couple.

I am juzt saying I would like to see the time stamped numbers for the voting, because something is off. I could see losing to Sterek or definately Johnlock, but not Delena. We just had a Ship off on another site where we could see the results as we voted and Delena wasn’t even close to beating Destiel. And if they couldn’t beat us when they could SEE how far they needed to go, how do I accept them winning when they couldn’t?

So my conclusion is MTV got scared when they thought a same sex ship was going to win (because acting like they’re cool with it is one thing, letting them win is quite another), they paniced and picked the one hetero couple that was potentially if not realisticly viable.

And here I was defending MTV for at least having so many popular same sex ships on the ballot. Seems like we were just manipulated into doing what they wanted, making money for their sponsers with every click and watching their flagging channel to see who won.

Yeah, the jokes on us the Fandom for ever thinking MTV would have the genitalia to announce the ACTUAL winners.

hanelore

Posted at 3:44 PM on July 30, 2014

congratulations Delena, and lol at the jealousy , nothing was rigged and the vampire diaries and Julie Plec promoted them. there have a huge fan base.

kiyana

Posted at 11:14 PM on July 28, 2014

I’m pretty sure it’s misha not mischa.Lol
Supernatural should have won something. I feel like this was rigged, what fans voted?because I sure didnt get to and i bet a lot of other fan a who didnt would’ve liked to. I’m calling bs on the winners, except the Harry potter. I mean come on how does any fandom win over sherlock, doctor who, bates motel, or supernatural?
#justsaying

Payton

Posted at 5:21 PM on July 28, 2014

Sterek should’ve won but dang 25, 000 dollars for wolf sanctuary. Good job wolfies!!!

Destielforever

Posted at 3:51 PM on July 28, 2014

Smh supernatural should’ve won… I’ve never even HEARD of Veronica Mars. Destiel Should’ve won too, I’m p sure something was rigged….

Nico DiAngelo

Posted at 1:57 PM on July 28, 2014

Vampire Diaries won? Ship of the year? Ridiculous. This had to be rigged! Freaking vampire fans smh stupid mortals.

Rose

Posted at 4:49 PM on July 29, 2014

Yeah that’s crazy. The ships from Sherlock, Supernatural and Teen Wolf are basically the three biggest ships on Tumblr/the internet as a whole right now. I voted in these and I voted for Johnlock, but I wouldn’t have been surprised if any out of those three won – but Vampire Diaries? Can’t see it.

nene

Posted at 12:00 PM on July 28, 2014

really. delena won. against sherlock teen wolf and supernatural. some thing must have been rigged. smh

sandra

Posted at 7:34 AM on July 26, 2014

Damon and Elena-ship of the year?! Ridiculous.That ship ruined TVD.