Jessa Duggar’s Boyfriend Ben Seewald Slammed After Anti-Catholic Rant

Fri, July 25, 2014 3:00pm EDT by 51 Comments 31,550 Article Views
Jessa Duggar Boyfriend
Courtesy of Instagram/Facebook

Elle

Posted at 3:10 PM on September 18, 2014

sorry, I don’t see what the big deal is – he’s simply stating his own opinions and I’m pretty sure that’s perfectly legal. Then again, I’m not religious, but if people find they get offended at something like this, then I personally think they have other problems.. they should ask themselves: Why do I get so easily offended by such trivial matters?

Sarah

Posted at 11:37 PM on September 13, 2014

Poor Ben definitely has some misinformation on the Catholic Church, as well as some oversimplification of scripture out of context. I know a lot of Catholics enjoy their show because of the great respect for life and children. However, when Catholics are misunderstood and therefore attacked, it hurts quite a bit.

Michele

Posted at 2:32 PM on September 13, 2014

I am Catholic and I know many Catholics that watch their show. If they begin to bash other Christian faiths, their show will take a hit. I won’t watch it anymore. I know full well that I don’t agree with many of their beliefs but it’s a good wholesome show that I can watch with my kids. Not many of those these days. If this happens again, we will probably stop watching. And Ben is very much ignoring scripture BTW.

Marilyn

Posted at 3:01 PM on September 11, 2014

Seewald should keep quiet Ben Seewald should keep quiet and respect other people’s religion. What makes him think he is an authority on Catholicism? How would he like it if someone criticized his beliefs. It is disapointing that the Duggars did not come out and say we do not agree with Ben’s remarks and we respect everyone’s religion and beliefs.
Sadly Disappointed With This Situation

renee (@rimccormack)

Posted at 2:46 PM on September 9, 2014

If you look up the scriptures he referenced, in the bible, they support what he is saying. We are saved through grace and not good works.. and yes, I was raised a catholic.
Jessa will back him up because he is scripturally correct.

wur r

Posted at 10:24 PM on September 17, 2014

Read James: Faith without action is dead. The Catholic definition of the word “Faith” is that it is simply intellectually knowing something. Catholics know that just believing that God exists is not enough. For example, we believe that satan exists, yet we surely do not worship him, have any hope in him, or have a loving relationship with him which makes us want to do good. Therefore, Catholics add to Faith the terms Hope and Charity. The Catholic “faith+love+charity” is equal to the Protestant definition of faith. Therefore, there really is no disagreement between Catholics and other Christian as to how we are saved. The disagreement arises when people confuse semantics.

Ellen

Posted at 6:28 AM on September 9, 2014

If 19 Kids & Counting starts bashing any Religion or Other peoples Faith or if Josh uses the Show to Promote what his Job is in DC I would definitely stop watching their Show or Follow them~it’s a Good wholesome Family Reality Show now but not if they bring in Political or RELIGIOUS beliefs!

kit

Posted at 10:39 PM on September 8, 2014

I was born and raised Catholic…he is being somewhat ignorant and that comes from not understanding. I don’t understand or agree with his religion, but that is his business. I don’t care what religion you are, but don’t cut down someone else’s beliefs, like you know everything at what “19”? We all come from the same God and we will all have to answer to him in the end.