Nick Jonas Disses The Jonas Brothers In New Single ‘Chains’

Thu, July 24, 2014 5:18pm EDT by 6 Comments 10,073 Article Views

Nick Jonas has officially gone solo! The ex-boy band member is making it known that the Jonas Brothers are no more, with the release of his new song ‘Chains,’ where he clearly disses his brothers!

The Jonas Brothers split up for good back in October 2013 after canceling their highly anticipated tour. Now, Nick Jonas, 21, is breaking free from his former group with the release of his new single, “Chains,” that delivers a clear message to his brothers.

Nick Jonas Disses Jonas Brothers In ‘Chains’

The boy band had a meeting back in October 2013 about the direction that they were going to take the group. Unfortunately, during the meeting Nick voiced his concerns to Joe Jonas and Kevin Jonas, and ultimately the band dispelled.

According to Page Six, “Chains” is a metaphor for how Nick has been feeling the last few years. “Nick has spent years experiencing a burden that’s hard to explain. He’s not blaming anyone for it; it’s just what fame does to people, especially at a young age.”

As HollywoodLife.com previously reported, Nick has been hard at work in the studio with artist and producer, Mike Posner, making sure that his vision for his new music comes true.

The site continued, “He feels free now for the first time in his life. He’s making music he believes in. He’s done apologizing for everything and trying to be perfect. He’s just going to be himself; if people like him, great, if not, he’s done giving a s - - t.”

This is not the first time that Nick has voiced his concerns about feeling trapped. As HollywoodLife.com previously reported, Nick told People back in October about the bands breakup, “I was feeling kind of trapped,” he said. “I needed to share my heart with my brothers.”

Nick Jonas Goes Solo

While Nick is best known for the work that he has done with his brothers, this is not his first solo venture. Before the Jonas Brothers were formed, Nick released his own album, Nicholas Jonas.

Besides being a recording artist, the singer has also proved himself in the theater world. Nick made his Broadway debut in A Christmas Carol playing the role of Tiny Tim when he was just seven years old. In 2012 he returned to the stage in How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying.

We cannot wait for Nicks new album to drop, we are sure that it will have a much different and mature sound from his boy band days!

What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Do you think that Nick should have dissed his brothers? Do you like Nick’s new single?

– Caitlin Beck

More Nick Jonas News:

1. Nick Jonas: Releasing First Solo Album Since Jonas Brothers
  2. Nick Jonas Meets Niece Alena Rose — Adorable First Instagram Pic
  3. Nick Jonas Disses Justin Bieber’s Egging Scandal

ebc trekking cost

Posted at 2:51 PM on September 11, 2014

I am genuinely thankful to the holder of this website who has shared
this fantastic paragraph at here.

Laura

Posted at 7:12 AM on August 16, 2014

Wow, I like =)
I like his new advert for his Fighter Role.
He looks ripped <3
Always loved Nick more, always felt he was caring his brothers in the band.
The other two could barely make a decent artist put together. They could Barely sing and barely play the guitar, dead.weight!!
. No I think he's going to go down the same road as Just Tiimberlake(Nsync who?)
And the Jonas Brothers will be like this to.
Before long when we think about Nick it won't be connected with his Brothers anymore.
You could kind of understand him wanting out the band!! He was the only talented one there.
I just hope that his brothers don't hate on him for his success!!
They will have to see if they can separate their feelings about the band and success from their feelings and love for their brother =)
Anyway GOOD LUCK NICK JONAS, YOUR RECENT SOLO THINGS HAVE ROCKED!!
Totally has the talent and looks to go far in music and acting solo.
Love <3

Laura

Posted at 7:21 AM on August 16, 2014

Oh yeah and I ment to say that he seems to be the only one even wanting to break the Teenheart throb role…
Moving away on his own to New York, when the rest of his family where on the other side of the country, together!!
Dating ladies that also don’t fit the teeny bopper role =)
Grown up woman Instead of girls like miley cyrus, and the Disney Crew.
Also looks like he’s leaving the purity ring with the Jonas Brothers, while he goes on to sing solo and rock the acting world.

KPJ

Posted at 12:26 AM on July 28, 2014

I’ve long been a big fan of their music and what they represented, particularly Nick. He started the whole thing with his solo career that came before the JB. I agree that he would not criticize his brothers based on what I know of him. What bothers me is that the boys, now men, have seemingly left their family values to be very worldly. I guess I’ve been very disappointed in recent years. Perhaps this is because I am an older fan and am looking at the big picture. I wish we could go back several years ago to what they used to be like. They made some awesome music with the JB, and Nick did some excellent writing for that group. I feel as a group they are stronger than individually, like a rope versus a string. However, I wish Nick all the best with this new direction. He is extremely talented and I’ve always liked his material – JB & his solo work.

nhkjk

Posted at 10:36 PM on July 24, 2014

Hello. My dear friends ❤ Women Looking For Couples. Ćom ❤ Just for every bisexual friend. Feel for free to share your Bisexual Date ideas, bisexual advice, first bisexual experiences, bisexual videos, bisexual Fashion show, successful dating advice and safety tips and more. Bisexual women looking for bisexual couples ,bisexual single ,boys and girls .If you want to date bisexual people ,welcome .vfgbgbfg

tinkerbell

Posted at 6:55 PM on July 24, 2014

he didnt diss them. Yes he has felt trapped for other reasons all these years but he would never openly diss his brothers in such a way! The song is about his love for someone who ultimately is going to lose him because she is breaking him.. listen to the lyrics geez