Naya, all I want is for you to be happy but I can’t believe you got married to Ryan after just three months of dating. I know you’ve known him for 4 years but getting married in the same dress you were supposed to wear with your ex, Big Sean, proves this was a mistake.
Naya Rivera Dorsey, 27, getting married is supposed to be done thoughtfully and with a pure heart. Everything surrounding your July 19 wedding, unfortunately feels incredibly rushed. I know you’ve been friends with Ryan Dorsey for years and that you might consider this a very sound decision, but all signs point to the opposite, and here’s why.
Insert First Subhead Here
Naya, I know that you feel “blessed” and that this should be an incredibly happy time. I’m not trying to place a cloud over your marriage but was it really imperative for you to marry someone else so soon after breaking off your engagement to Big Sean in April?
1. There’s a report that claims you wore the same Monique Lhuillier wedding gown that you were supposed to wear in your wedding to Sean. That is a huge red flag. Yes, I understand you spent thousands of dollars on a custom gown that took months to make, but it has negative energy surrounding it.
2. You married on the same day you were supposed to marry Sean. I know it’s Ryan’s birthday but again, this day was meant to be the day you would say “I do” to another man. It’s tainted in so many ways, that wouldn’t you prefer to start fresh and not be in the shadows of your past relationship?
3. Naya, you have only been single for a few months. By the sound of Sean’s statement to the press in April, it didn’t sound amicable. I think it’s safe to assume you are still suffering heartbreak and it’s too soon to give your heart to someone else. Even if you’ve known him for several years.
4. You did it while Big Sean was in another town near you, Punta Mita, Mexico. Wouldn’t you want to do it far away from him? You may not have known he was in town recording music with Kanye West but this should have been done in a brand new place!
5. This is the first time you have been spotted with Ryan, no one even knew you two were together. It’s caused shock amongst your Glee fans and it makes you look impulsive and like this is a revenge romance.
Naya Changes Her Last Name To Dorsey
The ink hasn’t even dried on your marriage license and you already changed your name. Listen, we all hope it works out but it definitely seems quick, too quick.
You released a joint statement to People: “We feel truly blessed to be joined as husband and wife. Our special day was fated and everything we could have ever asked for.”
We hope you got married for all of the right reasons because a marriage is meant to last forever!
HollywoodLifers, do you think she rushed into marriage?
— Chloe Melas