Tim McGraw: Fans Bash Country Star For Slapping Woman At Concert

Fri, July 18, 2014 12:18pm EDT by 34 Comments 13,614 Article Views

After video came out from Tim McGraw’s concert that showed him hitting a woman in the audience, his fans went absolutely crazy on Twitter. Even though his rep tried to justify the July 13 incident, fans are furious.

Tim McGraw, 47, is famous for showing us how a real bad boy can be a real good man — but this time, fans are only seeing his bad side, and they’re not happy. On July 17, a video surfaced of Tim in concert at Aaron’s Amphitheater at Lakewood, in Atlanta, Georgia — and in the video you see him swatting at a girl in the crowd.

Tim McGraw Hits Woman — Reactions

“Tim was singing out in the audience and someone firmly grabbed onto his leg and wouldn’t let go as he was moving through the crowd,” Tim’s rep revealed in a statement to TMZ.

“He instinctively swatted to try to keep them from ripping his jeans (which they succeeded at doing!), and so he could get to more fans who could slap hands with him before the end of the show,” his rep added.

However, people aren’t happy with that explaination. In the video, you can see that he hit the girl in the audience, while she was apparently grabbing his leg and some even say his crotch!

Needless to say, most fans don’t think Tim’s behavior was justified. Read the comments below, then let us know — was he in the wrong?

We sure hope that if Tim ever has a tough time getting through the stage again, he thinks twice before swinging at a fan!

– Emily Longeretta

More Shocking Videos:

1. Kanye West Disses Jay-Z In Concert — See The Shocking Video
  2. Charlie Sheen’s Drunken Drive-Thru Visit — See The Viral Video
  3. Desperate Shoppers Smash Car Windows To Rescue Hot Screaming Children — Video

Viki Jeffords

Posted at 3:12 PM on July 30, 2014

I have to say Tim McGraw is a fantastic singer/song writer, BUT his on stage antics get worse as time goes on. I thought it was because he had a drinking and drug problem, but now he says he is sober….What is he going to blame it on now?? I kind of feel he is hypocritical too because he actually through a man out of one of his concerts for hitting a woman and brought the woman on stage and hugged her. So for him to hit or “swat” a woman for holding his leg too long or almost ripping his precious jeans is by far ridiculous. He at this point he deserves all the back lashing media has to offer.

Joyce

Posted at 6:00 PM on July 29, 2014

I don’t know why some Tim McGraw’s fans are condoning his behavior or siding with him on this. I live in Nashville, TN and I see the country music stars ALL OVER the place b/c they live here. Trust me, they are… at the end of the day …just people… who grocery shop, go out to eat at local restaurants, drive their kids to school,etc….they just happen to have a talent that affords them to entertain people and make a lot of money doing it…but I say money or fame or not… a man …NO MAN…should hit a woman. He could have easily had her restrained or removed. I have a hard time seeing how a 200 pound 6 foot or so man could justify smacking a woman in the face because she grabbed his jeans at a show : o I went to tons of concerts in the 80’s when metal bands were playing..very rowdy shows…where the singers and band members had women grabbing at them all over the place…I never saw a band member or singer smack a chick in the face. EVER. Country music has been sucking lately with all it’s pop studio creation songs and this brings it to a new low : ( Think I will break out my traditional country music CD’s and change the channel when Tim McGraw’s songs are played. Bad choice on his part (and yes he did have choices here) I hope he gets the help he needs if I were Faith I’d get the heck out of that relationship and be running for the “hills”…no pun intended.

Anne Stepien

Posted at 4:46 AM on July 30, 2014

Joyce, GET A CLUE!!!! She ha no business touching him.

jean

Posted at 3:47 PM on August 4, 2014

Joyce, I totally agree with you. He had other choices besides smacking her in the head, yet he chose to hit her. I’ve lost a lot of respect for him and will never pay to see him in concert again. If he can’t behave while amongst his fans, then he should be sure to not put himself that close to them.

er

Posted at 11:55 AM on July 22, 2014

I love Tim and regardless what he did he is a talented singer. However I agree with his reaction as I am sure if anyone put themselves in his position would have done the same. Either it be a male or female who grabbed on to you. I know I would have booted her in the face so she is lucky it was just a smack she got.

jean

Posted at 3:49 PM on August 4, 2014

Keith Urban would have never stooped to such a terrible way to treat a fan. Tim needs to grow up and learn what it means to be a man.

Ray

Posted at 8:00 AM on July 22, 2014

She grabbed his leg not his crotch. And his jeans already had the knees ripped out so why is he worried about it. I think you can afford new jeans. Maybe not after your fans all leave.
Woman beater !!
Empty seats and horse flies at all your future concerts Tim.

Colleen Rumberger

Posted at 7:54 AM on July 22, 2014

I don’t know what all the fuss is about. He was just trying to defend himself against a crazy fanatic who clearly invaded his personal space. Yes, he is a performer and he is famous. but he is also human and has a right to his personal space. People say this is what they want when they become famous, no it isn’t what they want. They deserve respect just as the fans do. He was clearly in the right in what he did. The crazy nut in the audience should have been arrested as far as I’m concerned. Go Tim, you have rights too!

me

Posted at 7:29 PM on July 21, 2014

he never slapped her only swatted at her. This site is only showing one video, I have seen others that show that he never actually hit her.

Anne Stepien

Posted at 5:52 PM on July 21, 2014

She had no right to put her hands on him. Since when are people pieces of meat or produce????

Sue crowe

Posted at 5:48 PM on July 21, 2014

I am soooo disappointed in tim I have lost so much respect for him. She didn’t grab his crotch. He had no right to slap her in the face he had already slapped her hand away. Don’t want to be touched then stay on stage.

Christopher

Posted at 8:37 AM on July 21, 2014

I think hes a piece of crap for hitting her he deserves to be punished

Neil

Posted at 10:15 AM on July 19, 2014

Moral of the story… If a woman touches you inapropro let her… Otherwise you are an abuser… Bit of course if a man touches a woman inapropro hit him… Because he is an abuser..
SEXISM YEAH…

Neil

Posted at 10:16 AM on July 19, 2014

And beside that he didn’t slap her he pushed her head

Kathy Cobb

Posted at 3:12 PM on July 21, 2014

For those of you saying it’s okay to hit a woman and claiming there is a double standard – you’re idiots. When men grope or attack women, there is the ultimate threat of additional violence (rape). The men are generally more aggressive, bigger, and stronger. A woman has to defend herself in order to get away or discourage further advances. However, although the woman was clearly wrong, there is no way she could rape him or harm him further. There is no additional threat. Was it humiliating for him? Yes. Was it painful? Absolutely. However, Tim is more than large enough to be able to either push her away or grab her by the hand/shoulder to stop her. There was no excuse to hit her in the face.

Seriously, this keeps happening to Tim. I am not going to say he is asking for it because I do think it is admirable that he wants to connect with fans. However, if he keeps getting groped, and he keeps reacting this way, he should stop going out there. Better to have disappointed fans than outraged fans. At the very least, he should bodyguards out there to deter this type of behavior.

It may not be the way he likes to do thing, but consider the alternative . . .

Anne Stepien

Posted at 5:53 PM on July 21, 2014

Give me some of those good drugs you’re taking….

jean

Posted at 3:52 PM on August 4, 2014

Well stated. He is asking for it when putting himself in the reach of the fans, but he can’t handle it. His temper gets the best of him.

Anne Stepien

Posted at 10:17 PM on August 4, 2014

Most of you people need to lose the double standard and get a clue.

Theresa

Posted at 12:05 AM on July 19, 2014

You never hit a woman. He puts himself in that position when he walks out there so they can touch him. I used to like him but not anymore. Get over yourself Tim.

Darcy B

Posted at 9:01 PM on July 18, 2014

I don’t agree with this ladies actions, but I also think McGraw showed what a douche he is, it cost him this fan and I’m sure many others

Normandy

Posted at 5:11 PM on July 18, 2014

Tim was right to swat the silly cow. No one has the right to touch anyone-he could have fallen or been hurt. Keep your hands to yourself, ladies-you expect men to behave themselves-whats good for the goose

Kathy Cobb

Posted at 3:15 PM on July 21, 2014

Normandy: You really should not reply. You’re an idiot.

Anne Stepien

Posted at 5:55 PM on July 21, 2014

Kathy Cobb–you’re looking in the mirror. And don’t have the sense God gave cabbage.

Lybbee

Posted at 4:28 PM on July 18, 2014

He had every right, I think it was a reaction and I would’ve probably done the same thing.

RMason

Posted at 3:42 PM on July 18, 2014

whos to say it was a woman anyways considering you cant hardly see it.. Fans need to learn to keep their hands to themselves and let the celebrities do the show.. I would have slapped whoever too bc they had no right to grab him or touch him.

jay

Posted at 2:35 PM on July 18, 2014

I couldn’t really see it very well but I think, ok, these fanatics sometimes really overstep which I think she did if she grabbed him like they say

RMason

Posted at 3:43 PM on July 18, 2014

exactly me too..

Chelsea

Posted at 1:40 PM on July 18, 2014

He didn’t need to come back and slap her in the face, he should have just slapped her hand away. Since when is it ok to feel on someone’s junk without their permission. If that was a guy that was grabbing at a female singers lady parts that wouldn’t be ok, and you would all cheer if she slapped the dude that did it.

Ellen

Posted at 10:31 PM on July 19, 2014

She wasn’t anywhere near his junk! He was completely wrong and lost me as a fan, and I’m sure many others. Never, ever hit a woman if you’re a man.

traci

Posted at 1:05 PM on July 18, 2014

He really seems like a gigantic d-bag.

RMason

Posted at 3:44 PM on July 18, 2014

he’s actually a really nice guy and a great performer..

jack

Posted at 10:38 PM on July 26, 2014

she didn’t go nowhere near his private area I saw the footage. he swat her once then I saw him lean in so he could slap her in the face that is uncalled for. He is so worried about his jeans he makes enough money why the hell is he wearing ripped jeans to begin with??? he’s on a power trip and has multiple incidents with fans more than anyone else I know. first he throws out a guy for “supposedly” slapping a woman which he didn’t just to get good press now he actually slaps a woman himself go figure.

jack

Posted at 10:47 PM on July 26, 2014

watched the footage again maybe I was wrong. I think he slapped a fans hand in the crowd then slapped the woman once not twice like I thought. but still wrong shouldn’t hit a woman.

Anne Stepien

Posted at 12:23 AM on July 27, 2014

She still should have kept her hands to herself. Period.