’24: Live Another Day’ Finale Recap: [SPOILER] Dies & Jack Says Goodbye

Mon, July 14, 2014 11:20pm EDT by 27 Comments 17,983 Article Views
24 Live Another Day Finale Recap
Courtesy of FOX

Natalie

Posted at 8:22 PM on July 19, 2014

Kiefer is a killer actor. He is Jack Bower.
Come on back Jack! Waiting on you!

Supreme9

Posted at 11:14 PM on July 18, 2014

Awesome, exhilarating show. I love this show and Jack Bauer. Hated to see Audrey killed in this last episode and can’t stand seeing Jack helicoptered off by the Russians to be tortured. Not a great finale for the hero of our show!

Hopefully, this is a setup for another series where the finale for Jack and Chloe can be more fitting after all they’ve sacrificed and been through.

Sue Campbell

Posted at 4:52 PM on July 17, 2014

LOVED the 2014 season of “24″! Was thinking I might be disappointed because I am a die hard Jack Bauer fan! The writers, however, did a super job in bringing back my Jack and filling in the background IF you hadn’t followed the series before! Can’t wait til next season! Please let Chloe be a most important part of Jack’s life…. She is as much “24″ as is Jack! Sorry about Audrey but do see Jack and Kate doing well together! :-)

Eva Gordon

Posted at 2:11 AM on July 16, 2014

I was tired of Audrey. So that was ok..her demise. I look forward to another season of the coolest character Jack ( I just hope next season he speaks more coherently). I hope to see Chloe even with her very tacky makeup.And most of all I’d like to see Kate continue as Jack’s sidekick. They’re a great team.

Cláu

Posted at 10:54 PM on July 15, 2014

I refuse to believe it’s over. No.I hate it! Why??? Jack deserves a good finale!!! He has a daughter and a grandaughter. Why Did they kill almost all the people he loves, even Audrey?? Seriously. I loved all the 8 first seasons, but I hate how they ended the 9th season. I was really expecting something NICE, or HAPPY, or with PEACE. And it was sad, lonely and horrible. Was the best TV show for me until 8th season. Not anymore. I am really sad And disappointed. Hope one day 24 returns to show us a really end.

Phyllis Ashley

Posted at 10:39 PM on July 15, 2014

No one was a bigger fan than me. But this was a big disappointment. Music too loud Jack whispered and could not hear half of what he said. Too dark in most scnes to tell what was going on Did not like the ending either. I think the writers could have done a better job. Too many factors going on. Russians. Chinese terrorists etc. should have focused on one or the other. If it dies come back next year hope they do a better job😥😥😥😥😥

Marilyn

Posted at 10:03 PM on July 15, 2014

There’s something about 24 that makes your heart ache. Jack is so noble, and selfless, and always comes out on the s*** end of the story, no matter how many lives he saves, catastrophes he thwarts, and bad guys he rids the world of. The writers on 24 are ruthless, and no one is safe. But for once, I wish Jack could be given a break. Now he’ll be tortured in the Gulag, until some brave and cunning soul busts him out. I would love to see Tony come bombing back, redeemed from his criminal ways, and rescue Jack, with Kate, of course, as his side kick. It was great though, to see Jack dispatch the truly evil ones so efficiently-out the window, and off with the head. Stupendous!! If there is any justice in the world, and with the producers of 24, Jack will be back, to save the world another day.

BuffOrpington

Posted at 3:27 PM on July 15, 2014

I understand that it had to end this way because Jack is so committed to doing the right and noble thing even if it brings him such personal misery. But my heart still breaks for the guy because he deserves so much better, like a comfortable retirement playing with his grandkids.

Linda Verdicchio

Posted at 2:20 PM on July 15, 2014

This series will always be my favorite. Jack is such an iconic figure and whether you like his methods or not, you have to be captivated by his struggles as a man and as a fictional hero. You could have predicted Audrey’s demise since Jack always loses people who are close to him. I sincerely hope that they continue to produce 24 and that Kate comes back and saves Jack from the Russians. That would be superb TV.

larry davis

Posted at 1:10 PM on July 15, 2014

WHATS BEING PORTRAYED HERE IS HAPPENING IN OUR WORLD TODAY AND THE GOV’T WON’T TELL YOU. BESIDE’S, JACK CAN’T GO OUT LIKE THAT LEAVING CHLOE IN THE BALANCE. WHAT HE SAID ABOUT IF ANY HARM CAME TO CHLOE HE WOULD DESTROY THEIR WORLD. THE RUSSIANS.

Rico

Posted at 12:26 PM on July 15, 2014

Still the best show on t.v. even after ten years.

Bob

Posted at 12:24 PM on July 15, 2014

Aw man, the ending was terrific!!! Yes, it was very sad to have lost Audry. Very sad.!! But the show must continue. I liked how they did it at the almost end when they went 12 hrs ahead to complete the 24 hours. But I also hope that when it comes back that they go back to the 24 hr show. Jack is alive and this show must also remain alive for a another season or 3. Please come back Jack!!!!!!

larry davis

Posted at 1:12 PM on July 15, 2014

I AGREE 500%…

Patrick

Posted at 10:12 AM on July 15, 2014

We need another 24, not only do we want another. Kieffer has the chance to become the invincible like James bond , chuck Norris, jean Claude van dam. people will say that the writers put in the silent clock for jack. I reckon it is the Russians that we will never hear from again. he did warn them!!! and if it will be another cost for Fox to come up with the Balls to pay for our entertainment……(which we pay for) I suggest that we go half’s through something like Kickstarter. ohh they will hear about it after the success.. Than you to cast and crew great f^%king Job. P.S.Casting director thumbs up to you too and they better be back.

SomeKernelsOfTruth

Posted at 1:55 AM on July 15, 2014

I want the show to return. I refuse to believe it’s over. No.

David St. Hubbins

Posted at 1:49 AM on July 15, 2014

I still think it’s great that the Chinese villain was named “Orange Juice”.

Dave B.

Posted at 1:48 AM on July 15, 2014

I liked this mini-season almost as much as the original seasons. And I’m glad in the final episode they did “12 hours later” to let us see the aftermath of events, such as Kate quitting, etc. — a good decision not to tie each episode of the show to only one hour of the day. It’s more realistic this way, instead of having every episode be a jam-packed hour of the same day.

Losing Audrey was tough, though, as others have said, but I figured some major character would end up getting killed.

I hope they come back with another “24″!

Nana

Posted at 1:38 AM on July 15, 2014

I have watched every single season, and I think this was probably the best yet! Yes, I want the show to come back, and I hope it will continue until Kiefer can no longer hobble around! There is a remote possibility that Audrey’s death was not real and, there could always be a “cure” for the President’s alzheimer’s, but if not, the main characters, Jack and Chloe are still there, and Kate could probably be coaxed into returning to work. At any rate, in my opinion this is the best show on TV, this season wasn’t long enough, and I hope it is back next year!

Becky

Posted at 1:34 AM on July 15, 2014

Yes, 24 writers never cease to amaze me… I am absolutely hoping they will do another season soon! As long as “Jack” is alive the show is alive…

Bill

Posted at 1:31 AM on July 15, 2014

Great finale. Hope they bring it back for another 12 episode arc next year. The Russians might have Jack, but he escaped from Cheng, so he can escape from the gulag. My only gripe with this episode is that the President never asked about Jack after the mission was over. Admittedly he was in deep grief over Audrey, but still. If this ends up being the series finale, then it is a fitting one; but I hope for another season next summer.

Tina

Posted at 1:01 AM on July 15, 2014

I hope they do another season. This one was great as usual!

Marc

Posted at 12:58 AM on July 15, 2014

Wouldn’t mind another mini-series like this 24 series arc. Good acting all around but I think the door is still left open for the return of Chloe, and Jack. Unfortunately, William Devane is a very good actor, as well as Kim Ravers. I will miss them both.

Georganne Reese

Posted at 12:55 AM on July 15, 2014

Sad about Audrey, sad about Jack. Audrey’s death hit me a bit hard due to my daughter’s murder two years ago. I feel for her father but he was like my father, who had dementia. It saves them from the deep and continuing grief. Jack will be back, whether in a movie or series, even though Kiefer has said no more. We’ll see……

Jack Bauer

Posted at 12:47 AM on July 15, 2014

you know what this season felt like? another one.

Jorge Felippe

Posted at 12:19 AM on July 15, 2014

If I understood weel, Jack will join to Russians. By the way, this series is the best ever. I think that Audrey is really dead. I hope to watch one more season!!

Lois

Posted at 10:58 PM on July 15, 2014

24 HAS to come back!!!!!! Please come back. It is my most favorite show of all time.

big-jay