Leah Remini Leaves Scientology And Heads To Reality TV

Thu, July 10, 2014 2:44pm EDT by 8 Comments
Leah Remini Reality Show
Courtesy of Frazer Harrison/Entertainment/Getty

Another day, another reality show! Leah Remini makes her reality debut with ‘Leah Remini: It’s All Relative’, premiering July 10 on TLC. The series will follow Leah’s day-to-day life, as she juggles her career, her family and her celebrity status. Click to WATCH a sneak peek!

Leah Remini, 44, is known as the unforgettably funny wife on King of Queens, but now, she’s embarking on a new adventure: reality TV. If you know anything about the actress, you know that she’s not afraid to speak her mind so she’s sure to bring nothing but raw, unscripted madness. Read on to learn more about Leah Remini: It’s All Relative!

‘Leah Remini: It’s All Relative’ — WATCH Sneak Peek

Leah’s new reality series goes to show that she is just as funny at home in her daily life as she is when she is in front of the sitcom cameras. Leah Remini: It’s All Relative will take viewers along for the ride with the actress, as she goes about her day-to-day life and takes on the roles of mother and wife.

For those who are not familiar with the King of Queens star, Leah has been married for 10 years to husband, Angelo, and they have a 9-year-old daughter, Sofia.

Viewers will also meet other members of Leah’s hilarious family, including her mother, Vicki; stepdad, George; sister, Shannon; and Sofia’s British nanny. Sounds like a full house!

Check out a preview of tonight’s season premiere below to meet Leah’s mother — well, kind of.

Leah Remini Leaves Scientology

In July 2013, Leah left the Church of Scientology, after she was subjected to years of interrogations for questioning the practices of the church’s leader, David Miscavige.

“It all began when Leah questioned the validity of excommunication of people,” a source told The Washington Post. “She is stepping back from a regime she thinks is corrupt. She thinks no religion should tear apart a family or abuse someone under the umbrella of religion.”

On Watch What Happens Live on July 9, Leah told host Andy Cohen that she left the church scientology so that she could drink again! Well then, we hope that we can look forward to some fun, alcohol-induced antics on her new show!

The series premiere of Leah Remini: It’s All Relative premieres on TLC on July 10 (10/9c).

HollywoodLifers, will you tune into Leah Remini: It’s All Relative on July 10?

– Stephanie Bray

More TV & Movie News:

1. Emmy Nominations 2014: ‘Scandal’, ‘True Detective’ & ‘Breaking Bad’
  2. ‘Duck Dynasty’: Willie Changes The Duck Commander Symbol
  3. ‘Extant’: Halle Berry’s Shocking Discovery After Space Mission

tim jensen

Posted at 11:27 PM on July 17, 2014

I always liked Leah with her spicy self on Kinq of Queens, but now that I’ve seen her at home, I absolutely love her. So does my wife, (it’s not a stalker thing!) We hope Leah does well with her new life and we’ll keep watching!

codepink1908

Posted at 2:10 PM on July 14, 2014

Great move Leah; SCIENTOLOGY IS WHACK! You’re new reality show felt genuine and was HILARIOUS!!!!!!

Jennifer

Posted at 1:28 AM on July 12, 2014

I am a girl from Brooklyn like yourself and love the way you “talk”… you are marvelous .I live in Greenpoint Brooklyn which is full of of Italian, Irish and Polish and Hispanic…but on the cusp of Williamsburg hipsters…..ha!… now I know where the sweat smells come from and it comes from the crotch of their skinny jeans. Oh shucks! another trust fund baby again lol !. Loved your reality show and your interaction with family and especially with sofie…You and Angelo are great parents….ok that’s all I got to say…God Bless

un

Posted at 1:34 AM on July 11, 2014

Funny and amusing family. Not positive but thought I saw a memorium at the end of an episode in honor of Vicki Marshall, that would be very sad if my eyes were not playing tricks on me. Vicki was quirky and lovable and I absolutely enjoyed watching her so someone please say it ain’t so.

Vega J

Posted at 10:39 AM on July 11, 2014

That was a play of the fake wake – that’s why it was 19?? – present.

tracy

Posted at 1:13 AM on July 11, 2014

love the show…leah is leah-thats why we watch

Tim

Posted at 12:33 AM on July 11, 2014

I don’t really like reality shows but this is one of the best on. The first episodo I’m watching now and I can’t stop watching. The thing I like about it the most is that its totally different than all the others, what I mean is they interact with the cameramen and its not taken too serious. Even in some of the shots you can see the guys filming and its just great. Its just not so serious as all the other stupid shows. And Ms. Remini’s facial expressions are awesome. I’ll be watching!

shebysheray

Posted at 3:45 PM on July 10, 2014

She had a reality show when she was pregnant, her family is crazy and entertaining so this should be a good show