Kathryn Prescott is summer’s newest star. On July 8, ‘Finding Carter’ premiered on MTV, and it might just be the next big thing. Read on to find out everything you need to know about TV’s new it-girl.
Finding Carter follows a teenage girl who finds out that she’s been living her entire life with her fake mother — the woman who abducted her when she was a toddler. The series is dark and dramatic, and we cannot get enough of the actress, 23, who plays Carter Stevens. Read on to meet Kathryn Prescott!
‘Finding Carter': Meet Kathryn Prescott
The English actress stars in MTV’s newest drama, Finding Carter, which centers on Carter, who found out that the life she has been living was a lie — she was abducted when she was a toddler.
Kathryn auditioned for the role of Carter Stevens, while she was in England and had three auditions before she was told that she landed the role.
Kathryn Prescott: 5 Things To Know About The ‘Finding Carter’ Star
1. Kathryn is British. Kathryn was born in Southgate, London, England. The 23-year-old actress spent two or three years training on and off with a voice coach in England to perfect an American accent, reports Just Jared Jr. At the same time, she traveled between England and the United States to go on auditions.
2. Kathryn has a twin just like her character. Kathryn is a twin! She is six minutes older than her sister Megan Prescott. In July 2008, Kathryn and her sister made their acting debuts on the soap opera Doctors and played twin sisters Amy and Charlotte Wilcox.
3. Kathryn was on the UK version of Skins. Kathryn is best known for her character Emily Finch in the British TV show Skins, which chronicles a group of British teens who were hardcore partiers. Kathryn appeared in the second series of the show. Kathryn’s character became a fan favorite because of her relationship with girlfriend Naomi (Lily Loveless) and her sister Katie, played by her real-life twin sister.
4. Kathryn is into photography. In addition to her acting career, Kathryn is a photographer, as stated on her website. In September 2013, Kathryn’s photos were on display at The Fields Crypt Gallery, Trafalgar Square, London in an exhibit titled “What Makes Us Care?” She photographed fellow Skins costars as well as stars from The Borgias, Glee and Waterloo Road to bring awareness to London’s growing homeless population.
5. Kathryn appeared on the CW’s Reign. In addition to her role in Skins, Kathryn had a recurring role on the first season of the CW’s Reign. Kathryn played Penelope, a kitchen servant who found a bean in her slice of cake and became queen for the day. She first appeared in the episode titled “Monsters.”
HollywoodLifers, do you think Kathryn Prescott has star power? Are you tuning into Finding Carter? Let us know!
– Stephanie Bray