Remember the days when 90210 was the hottest zip code? When Cher Horowitz ruled the school? And when ‘NSYNC vs. Backstreet Boys was the biggest celebrity feud? Well then, click to WATCH a sneak peek of ‘The ’90s: The Last Great Decade’!
Was “Girl Power” your mantra? Were your best Friends Rachel and Ross? Was BOP your bible? Did you let out your teenage angst with Nirvana? And do you feel old celebrating Seinfeld‘s 25th anniversary this weekend? Sounds like you’re a child of the ’90s! Keep reading to take a trip down memory lane, and VOTE for the best boy band and pop princess of your time.
10 Reasons Why The ’90s Were The Best Decade Ever
The ’90s: The Last Great Decade? premieres this weekend (Sunday, July 6, 9/8c, NatGeo) so what better way to celebrate than by remembering the 10 best things about the ’90s? Warning: serious nostalgia ahead.
1. It was acceptable to have crushes on full-grown men who wore matching outfits and synchronized to choreographed dance routines together. (We’re looking at you, Chris Kirkpatrick.)
2. Cher Horowitz made us all believe that we would, too, have an electronic closet one day. Still hasn’t happened yet, but maybe we’re just Clueless…
4. Way before Demi vs. Selena and Miley. vs Selena, there was Britney vs. Christina. (We’ll give a shout out to Hilary vs. Lindsay, even though that was the love triangle of the early 2000′s — the girls were fighting over Nick Carter‘s baby bro so they basically belonged in the ’90s.)
5. The biggest chore was taking care of your Tamagotchi. Maybe your Furby, if you were brave enough.
6. Before twerking, there was the Macarena.
7. Before it was normal to watch reality stars practically having sex on primetime, ’90s kids could enjoy family friendly television like Figure It Out and All That. Don’t worry, we didn’t forget about Double Dare.
8. Oh wait, the ’90s were actually the starting point for trashy reality TV. Does the The Real World or Jerry Springer ring a bell?
9. Sitcoms have never been better than Friends and Seinfeld – which just celebrated its 25th anniversary (what?!) this weekend. (WATCH sneak peek clip above.)
10. Zack Morris! Brandon Walsh! Dylan McKay! Randy Taylor! Jordan Catalano! Cory Matthews! Dawson! Pacey!
‘The ’90s: The Last Great Decade?’
For more ’90s nostalgia, make sure to tune into Nat Geo’s The ’90s: The Last Great Decade miniseries (Sunday, July 6-8, 9/8c) to take a look at the decade’s best celebs, gossip, fashion, pop culture and more.
Watch a sneak peek of the miniseries above, celebrating Seinfeld‘s 25th anniversary. (There’s a cameo by James Van Der Beek.)
HollywoodLifers, what was the best part of the ’90s? Let us know if you’re a child of the ’90s!
– Elizabeth Wagmeister