They’re the movie couples we can’t forget. From ‘Fault In Our Stars’ heartbreaking Gus & Hazel to ‘Titanic’s’ timeless Jack & Rose, browse our gallery of the best movie couples of all-time and vote for your favorite!
You’ve cried over these movie couples, laughed with them, sang along with them, but now it’s time to decide: Who is THE best movie couple of all-time? Is it Twilight’s immortal couple Edward and Bella or is it The Fault in Our Stars’ cancer-stricken and star-crossed lovers Gus and Hazel? It’s up to you to decide who walks away as the winner of the best movie couple of all-time. Choose wisely and may the odds be ever in your favorite couple’s favor.
Best Movie Couple Of All-Time: Who’s Your Favorite?
[Disclaimer: These couples are in no particular order.]
1. Augustus Waters & Hazel Grace Lancaster of The Fault in Our Stars
They may have made us cry all the ugly tears, but Gus and Hazel are easily one of the best if not THE BEST new couple of our generation. Their love story is infinite and makes you believe in young and everlasting love. But decide for yourself, okay? Okay.
2. Baby & Johnny of Dirty Dancing
3. Edward Cullen & Bella Swan of Twilight
Edward and Bella created such a widespread and intense fandom spanning five Twilight movies that Twihards are still talking. We shall never forget watching the young lovers dance together at prom or when Bella saved Edward from killing himself in Italy. Also, they made vampires THE thing to be.
4. Will Turner & Elizabeth Swann of Pirates of the Caribbean
5. Noah Calhoun & Allie Hamilton of The Notebook
If you’re a bird, I’m a bird. Noah and Allie’s intense and tumultuous relationship spanned years, a war and an engagement. Despite everything, Noah and Allie just couldn’t stay away, resulting in one of the hottest love scenes of all time. And remember when Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams reenacted the kiss at the 2005 MTV Movie Awards? We’re still not over it.
6. Pat Solatano, Jr. & Tiffany Maxwell of Silver Linings Playbook
7. Troy Bolton & Gabriella Montez of High School Musical
Troy and Gabriella are totally the Danny and Sandy of Disney Channel. The couple — and their alter egos Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens — took Disney by storm for one epic sing-a-long ride. With three movies and a off-screen relationship, Troy and Gabriella can serenade us any day.
8. Danny Zuko & Sandy Olsson of Grease
9. Jack Dawson & Rose DeWitt Bukater of Titanic
We’ll never let go of this couple. Jack and Rose’s doomed love story will live on forever. As much as we’re still angry at Rose for not sharing that wooden board with Jack, we’ll let it pass just so we can have Titanic constantly on repeat. (P.S. We’re still secretly hoping Leo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet will confess their undying love for each other.)
10. Harry Burns & Sally Albright of When Harry Met Sally
11. Peter Parker & Gwen Stacy of The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Don’t mind us, we’re still crying over [SPOILER]‘s death. Peter and Gwen’s quirky and just plain lovely relationship was easily one of the best parts of The Amazing Spider-Man reboots.
12. Joel Barish & Clementine Kruczynski of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
13. Peter Parker & Mary Jane Watson of Spider-Man
Mary Jane is the other woman in Peter Parker’s love life. While she has yet to be introduced in The Amazing Spider-Man reboots, Mary Jane was the sole love of Peter’s life in the original Spider-Man movies.
14. Ron Weasley & Hermione Granger of Harry Potter
When Hermione and Ron finally admitted their feelings for each other after their childhood friendship, Harry Potter fans lost their minds. That Battle of Hogwarts kiss was definitely one of the hottest moments in Harry Potter history. (Harry and Hermione fans: You are not welcome.)
15. Sam Montgomery & Austin Ames of A Cinderella Story
The 2004 revamp of the classic Cinderella tale is one you can watch over and over without it ever getting old. From Sam and Austin’s adorable AIM (lol) relationship to that epic kiss in the rain, their relationship is the stuff of legends. But seriously, HOW DID AUSTIN NOT KNOW IT WAS SAM BEHIND HER MASK?!
16. Charlie & Sam of The Perks of Being a Wallflower
“We accept the love we think we deserve,” Charlie told Sam in the 2012 movie. Ugh, that quote never ceases to make us cry. Charlie and Sam’s love story was a throwback to the classic 80s movies and we can’t get enough of it. (Plus, this movie just sealed the deal that Emma Watson can do no wrong.)
HollywoodLifers, who is your favorite movie couple of all-time? The decision isn’t easy, but it has to be done. Vote now and sound off below!
– Avery Thompson
More Movie News:
- Jennifer Lopez: Why She Wants Selena Gomez To Play Her In A Movie
- Seth Rogen & James Franco’s New Movie Under Fire In North Korea
- ‘Saved By The Bell’ Returns: Tell-All Movie Coming To Lifetime