Did your mouth drop when you heard that an eight-months pregnant Olympian ran at the U.S. Championships? Are you loving Tamron Hall’s new natural ‘do on the ‘Today’ show? Let their #TINYWIN experiences inspire YOU to recognize your own!
What a week it’s been for women in the spotlight! These ladies all deserve applause for achieving #TINYWINs here and there. Let me tell you about their accomplishments to encourage you to look at your own achievements and recognize that you, too, are having #TINYWIN experiences that you need to applaud yourself for!
#TINYWIN: Nicki Minaj Wins BET Award For Fifth Year In A Row
Celebrities like Nicki Minaj, Alysia Montano, Zendaya, Tamron Hall and Lucy Hale may be in the spotlight, but I bet even they have a hard time taking a moment to pat themselves on the back when they accomplish something.
As women — even if we’re celebrities — we don’t always give ourselves the self-esteem boosting recognition we deserve. These five women had awesome #TINYWIN moments, so let them inspire you to appreciate your own!
1) Nicki Minaj: Nicki isn’t just a super talented female hip hop artist in a field that is highly dominated by men. She also just won the BET Award for Best Female Hip Hop Artist for the fifth year in a row at the annual BET Awards on June 29 — now that is a record!
The recognition came on the heels of the release of Nicki’s latest single, “Pills N Potions”, and she took her time on stage to graciously thank her Young Money bandmates, including Lil Wayne and Drake, and also to reflect on her recent near-death experience. “It made me realize I don’t care what anybody got to say. I’m going to be me.” That in itself — the decision to just BE her — is another #TINYWIN, don’t you agree?
2) Alysia Montano: Any woman who’s ever been pregnant knows that you’re waddling, not walking, by the time you reach the eight months mark. That’s what made five-time U.S. outdoor running champion Alysia Montano’s #TINYWIN so jaw-dropping.
The former Olympian, who’s also been called “The Flying Flower,” ran the 800-meter race at the U.S. Championships in 2 minutes, 32.13 seconds on June 26 and came in last place, but she was still a winner. She was just 24.38 seconds behind her closest competitor and finished to a standing ovation!
Just to be clear, Alysia’s doctor and midwife OKed her racing — she’s been running throughout her pregnancy and was feeling good. Proving that pregnancy doesn’t have to sideline an Olympic runner, was a major #TINYWIN!
#TINYWIN: Zendaya Stands Up For What She Feels Is Right
3) Zendaya: Zendaya made two fascinating #TINYWIN moves this week. First, it was announced that she would be starring in a Lifetime biopic film about her role model — the late singing star Aaliyah — and that was a #TINYWIN. Aaliyah tragically died at the age of 22 in a plane crash in 2001.
But Zendaya’s big news about the film was barely out when Aaliyah’s family publicly announced that they weren’t at all happy about the tribute flick.
So, just days later, Zendaya bowed out of the film on June 29, telling HollywoodLife.com exclusively, “I just felt that, because I love her and because I respect her so much as an artist, I don’t want to do anything that’s half or anything that’s less for her. I felt like some things about the production weren’t all the way there … if I’m going to do something for someone I care about so much, I have to do it the right way,” she explained.
So there you have her #TINYWIN #2 — standing up for what she felt was right in order to honor her heroine the right way!
4) Lucy Hale: Lucy, 25, is best known for her role as Aria on Pretty Little Liars, but she decided she needed to pursue her other passion besides acting — singing as a country music artist. She fulfilled her dream of recording a country-inspired album, Road Between, but to top this off, she achieved a #TINYWIN by performing at the mecca of country music, the Grand Ole Opry, in Nashville on June 21.
She tweeted that she felt “beyond blessed” and gave thanks to the Opry for “the best night of [her] life.” Now that’s a #TINYWIN!
5) Tamron Hall: Tamron, 43, has been a smart, informative, fresh voice on the Today show every morning since she officially joined the team as a co-host on February 24, 2014. And may I add that she’s also been a chic and beautiful presence!
But the Today show viewers got an extra special treat when Tamron finally went natural and wore her hair unstraightened on the morning of June 27. She posted a photo on Instagram of her fresh look with the caption: “Keeping my promise this morning to the Queen of #natural hair @CurlyNikki on @TodayShow no flat iron no heat no chemicals :).”
Wow — what a #TINYWIN! She looked fantastic just being Tamron, and now she feels no need to fuss with or torture her natural locks. What an inspiration to women everywhere who battle their natural hair every day!
So there you have it — five impressive women who each had a big or small #TINYWIN! Now, start recognizing and applauding yourself for your daily #TINYWIN experiences — you deserve it!
– Bonnie Fuller
More #TINYWIN News:
- Selena Gomez & Angelina Jolie’s Inspiring #TINYWIN Moments
- Ariana Grande, Gwen Stefani & Bella Thorne Are #TINYWIN Rock Stars
- Beyonce, Kim Kardashian & Michelle Obama Rock #TINYWIN Moments