Serena Williams Leaves Wimbledon After Illness — See Her Tearful Photo

Tue, July 1, 2014 8:07pm EDT by 21 Comments
Serena Williams Pulls Out Wimbledon
Jan Kruger/Sport/Getty Images

Serena Williams is having a rough time at this year’s Wimbledon. Just days after losing to a No. 25 seed player, the tennis superstar retired midway through a doubles game on July 1 after she couldn’t even serve the ball over the net.

Something is VERY wrong with five-time Wimbledon champion Serena Williams, 32. During a doubles game with her sister Venus Williams on July 1, Serena looked disoriented and weak. That game was called off. And now, Serena has had to retire from the ENTIRE tournament!

Serena Williams Pulls out Of Wimbledon: Tennis Player’s Sudden Viral Illness

Poor Serena. While warming up with her sister for a match against Germany’s Kristina Barrois and Switzerland’s Stefanie Voegle, a medic had to be called to the court because Serena was so ill. The world’s highest-ranked tennis star was crying on the side of the court because she was so upset and felt so sick!

After the game began, the umpire noticed Serena’s odd behavior and talked with she and her sister. Shortly after, the umpire told the crowd: “Ladies and gentlemen, unfortunately, Miss Williams has to retire,” according to Sports Illustrated TennisShe was so ill she couldn’t even finish the match!

The tennis star has been diagnosed with a viral illness. She made this statement to reporters after the match:

“I’m heartbroken I’m not able to continue in the tournament. I thought I could rally this morning, because I really wanted to compete, but this bug just got the best of me.”

How devastating for Serena. The rest of the tournament won’t be the same without her!

Serena Williams Defeated In Shocking Upset By Alize Cornet

Just three days ago, Serena was shockingly defeated by Alize Cornet, a 24-year-old French player who was a No. 25 seed in the tournament. Serena opened the June 28 game strong, but Alize ended up defeating her 1-6, 6-3, 6-4. Serena was just as shocked by her loss as the rest of the world. “I think everyone in general plays the match of their lives against me …” Serena said after the game, according to ESPN. “So I just have to always, every time I step on the court, be a hundred times better. If I’m not, then I’m in trouble.”

What do YOU think about Serena pulling out of Wimbledon due to illness, HollywoodLifers? Let us know!

– Megan Ross

More Serena Williams News:

1. Serena Williams Defeated At Wimbledon In Shocking Upset By Alize Cornet
  2. Serena Williams Crashes Wedding In A Leopard Bathing Suit
  3. Rihanna & Serena Williams Are Fighting Over Drake’s Love — Report

bed bugs high

Posted at 2:19 PM on October 4, 2014

With excellent knowledge of the best bed bug control methods and an arsenal of efficient
pest control products, Pest Away can and will
help you make your home comfortable again. Instead of ineffectual generalised
spraying, arm yourself with a bright flashlight and target
their nests. They will be able to determine where the problem is
and how it can be eliminated.

chcem schudnú

Posted at 3:58 AM on August 25, 2014

This is really interesting, You are a very skilled blogger.
I have joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your great
post. Also, I have shared your wweb site in my social networks!

upoznavanje forum

Posted at 1:56 AM on July 26, 2014

What’s up, this weekend is pleasant in support of me, as this point in tie i am reading this wonderful informative paragraph here att my residence.

tarjetas de credito personalizadas

Posted at 7:24 PM on July 6, 2014

Why viewers still make use of to read news papers when in this technological world everything is available on web?

software patch management

Posted at 8:39 AM on July 3, 2014

I needed to thank you for this wonderful read!! I absolutely
enjoyed every bit of it. I’ve got you book marked to look at new stuff you post…

Burberry

Posted at 10:50 AM on July 2, 2014

She’s well enough to post a selfie of herself posed & sleeping the next day.
Not impressed.

Bernard Walker

Posted at 10:41 AM on July 2, 2014

COULD BE LOTS OF THINGS. WATCH THE SMALL BRAINS SAY . SHE SICK FROM TOO MUCH WORLD TRAVEL ( NON – RACIST BEHAVIOR ) . OR ILLEGAL DRUG USE !!

memoria usb promocional

Posted at 9:17 AM on July 2, 2014

Incredible! This blog looks exactly like my old
one! It’s on a totally different subject but it has pretty much the same page layout and
design. Excellent choice of colors!

bathroom remodeling colorado springs

Posted at 9:07 AM on July 2, 2014

magnificent submit, very informative. I wonder why the other
specialists of this sector do not understand this. You should continue
your writing. I’m confident, you have a great readers’ base
already!

làm bằng đại học

Posted at 5:51 AM on July 2, 2014

It’s really a nice and useful piece of information. I’m happy that you
simply shared this helpful information with us.
Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

Arlie

Posted at 5:40 AM on July 2, 2014

I really love your website.. Great colors & theme.
Did you build this web site yourself? Please reply back as I’m hoping to create my own personal website and would love to find out where you got this
from or exactly what the theme is named.
Cheers!

Hanna

Posted at 4:42 AM on July 2, 2014

Located in Jindpur, Shri Ram Shiksha Mandir is established with
a vision of providing its students with quality education. Austin, TX 19-October-2010
— Emma Madison of Best – Vertical – Jump.

You can practice depth jumps so your body can adjust on the
constant jumping that occurs during game play.

electrician san antonio

Posted at 3:09 AM on July 2, 2014

The tasks for which they are usually termed for are listed beneath
– Article Source: discover out added about lighting
or Michigan SEO, make contact with us at Vetter
Electric, 602 Hamilton Street #223, Somerset, NJ (732) 828-0643.

Certain local utility organizations, for example NV Energy, provide rebate programs to entice more companies to retrofit their buildings
and will pay businesses if they cut down their usage by a certain amount.

Besides, in the higher levels, you would be trained on how to connect the
wires to the circuit breakers, how to handle the transformers & the usage of varied equipments plus
safety installation procedures.

LIZ

Posted at 10:39 PM on July 1, 2014

Hello. My dear friends ❤ Women Looking For Couples. Ćom ❤ Just for every bisexual friend. Feel for free to share your Bisexual Date ideas, bisexual advice, first bisexual experiences, bisexual videos, bisexual Fashion show, successful dating advice and safety tips and more.bvnhvn vgn hg

armigerrxbhbxcb

Posted at 10:14 PM on July 1, 2014

.Are you still single ? You are not alone. Free join~~~ ♥ Mixed L u v. Ćom ♥ ~~ Millions of singles have joined it.. This is a Serious interracial dating site for black and white singles seeking relationships, friendships, dating ,love and more. Single black people meeting single white people is why we are here. Hundreds of new interracial singles who same as you join here everyday.cvncncvn

love

Posted at 12:35 AM on July 2, 2014

Hi

artiewhitefox

Posted at 8:40 PM on July 1, 2014

She is not utilizing upper cervical specific practitioners from upcspine or upper cervical health centers or the spesific chiropractic.

Ed

Posted at 8:52 PM on July 1, 2014

Ya mean shes a fakin it?

Val

Posted at 8:26 PM on July 1, 2014

I pray she feels better. What kind of virus does she have and how is it being treated?

Ed

Posted at 8:51 PM on July 1, 2014

It’s a bug!

Kalani

Posted at 9:26 PM on July 1, 2014

Oh my! Nite nite don’t let the bed bugs bite.