‘Walking Dead’ Creator: [SPOILER] Will Die In Season 5 Premiere

Thu, June 26, 2014 8:11pm EDT by 53 Comments 31,172 Article Views
Who Dies Walking Dead Season 5
Courtesy of AMC

Nicky

Posted at 1:30 PM on August 20, 2014

Noooooooooo why him why DARYL???(Crying)(sad) it could have been ani1 else but him(sad) hope glen survive…

Renae Shircliff

Posted at 1:48 PM on August 19, 2014

It will be Bob

Ameen

Posted at 9:06 AM on August 11, 2014

If any main character should die it should be Glenn he’s great and all but he seems like the only main character that I could see the walking dead continuing without. Get rid of Rick or Daryl and this show is basically over….

Sarah

Posted at 10:14 AM on August 5, 2014

Kirkman always jokes that Daryl is gonna die in different episodes. It’s a joke. He’s trying to stir the pot. Daryl may die in Season 5 but not in the premiere. I’ll still watch no matter what but it sure would be sad to see Daryl go.

paul smith

Posted at 3:22 AM on August 3, 2014

yeah,Most of the trailer Daryl alive and so is the whole group,So,Who could it be?

willie

Posted at 10:41 PM on August 1, 2014

if daryl die i never watch walking dead again

JG

Posted at 11:48 PM on July 26, 2014

It is absolutely a joke, he was being sarcastic when he said that. They would never reveal the deaths ahead of time. I think it’s funny this site believes it was serious. We’ll maybe not funny as much as sad. This is what Internet news gives you…

boobers

Posted at 8:39 PM on July 26, 2014

Okay, ill just spoil it here. 100% chance to die in the show one way or another will be Glen. he died in the comic by a metal baseball bat to the head by Negan. Oh and what also might happen Carl gets shot in the face and will be missing an eye. Dale on the comic is eaten by people so since hes dead on the show, it will be someone else soon :)

Erika lynn

Posted at 7:28 PM on July 26, 2014

Please don’t let Darryl, rick, carl, carol, maggie, glenn, judith, tyrese, michon, beth, sasha die .

Robodog295

Posted at 3:05 PM on July 26, 2014

No need to worry guys, just watched the trailer and from the looks of the few times that we see him in it he manages to get out of the whole situation happening alive :)

Jeff McNally

Posted at 9:21 AM on July 26, 2014

Kirkman loves these types of jokes.
Hell, so do I…ppl eat this stuff up.
I bet you 1 million doll-hairs daryl makes it until we find beth.

Every major event in the comic has had some twist or change in the show.
You think he’d go to all that trouble to just ruin his style like this?
I think someone is trolling for hits on their site ;)

TDTHR3E

Posted at 9:18 PM on July 25, 2014

I listened to the interview on entertainment weekly radio, and Kirkman was being sarcastic. I can’t believe you wrote this piece and didn’t pick up on his sarcasm. Kirkman knows Daryl is the favorite on the show and has on numerous occasions said ‘Daryl dies’ in a sarcastic manner. He’s said it at least once on talking dead.

Daryl is going to die the first episode.

TDTHR3E

Posted at 9:19 PM on July 25, 2014

Daryl is not***

GabLamb

Posted at 3:49 PM on July 21, 2014

I’m sure that i am not the only one that LOVES Daryl because he is such an amazing character.. and it has to be a lie (at least for now) that he will die so early. First, why would they tell us? Second, normally when a picture comes out, (like the picture of Daryl (Norman Reedus) gagged and showing us big sad puppy dog eyes) of a character in a situation where they might die, they MOST likely won’t. I dont see him being killed off anytime soon, but if he does, we will all need a box of tissues. He is a dynamic character that most of us came to love. Not to mention, Beth has disappeared. The fact that she might still be alive will probably keep him going.

Deborah

Posted at 8:20 PM on July 13, 2014

If you following Norman on either twitter or Facebook he talks about filming and they are past the 1st episode, so I won’t believe that Daryl dies just yet.

trinity

Posted at 1:22 PM on July 6, 2014

if you kill Daryl and Rick, the program will not be worth watching !!!!!!!

carol penwell

Posted at 1:25 AM on July 5, 2014

please save rick daryl glen they are the best

K. Chaos

Posted at 3:40 PM on July 1, 2014

Ok people, let’s use a little logical deduction……Filming of season 5 began on May 5, 2014. On June 20, 2014, Norman flew into Philadelphia from filming in Georgia. I find it hard to believe that Daryl is killed off in episode one of Season 5, and if that is the case, they still must be filming episode 1……mmmhmmmmmm…..

Adhem

Posted at 1:46 PM on July 26, 2014

They’re around episode 10 or 11 now. Each episode takes 8 days to film, he’s been seen filming a couple days ago. Unless he does in the finale, he’s not going anywhere in the bulk of the season. I personally think his will die, but in around season 7 or 8.

Shaun Seifert

Posted at 8:46 PM on June 30, 2014

I’ve recently heard that Rick is escorted from the car and Daryl busts out against Rick’s wishes and starts running to the fence where the weapons are buried. Apparently Rick disarms the guy getting him out and kills him. Then he shoots and kills a guy getting ready to shoot Daryl. Mean while, the others start filing out of the car and a sniper takes aim at Maggie and Glenn. By the time Maggie and Glenn realize, Glenn jumps in front of her and gets shot up pretty good. So, from what I hear Glenn is the first to kick the bucket.

Kelley Rolfe Niemi

Posted at 10:59 AM on June 30, 2014

Do you really think if they were going to kill Daryl they would tell us in a fluff piece like this? No way they are killing him but I bet someone is going to die and I’m going to say it’s Glenn.

whatever

Posted at 10:16 AM on June 30, 2014

no matter who you are and tough u are the walkers will get you

whatever

Posted at 10:12 AM on June 30, 2014

i would like to see daryl dies i just wanna see all the girlie fans be pissed and try and riot

angelsbuff

Posted at 8:53 PM on June 29, 2014

I don’t think He was serious. I saw that interview on another site. He laughed after He said that. They never give anything away. I don’t see Him doing it now. I think He’s just messing with us! At least I hope so!

Baylii

Posted at 8:23 PM on June 29, 2014

Why Daryl? Knowing that more than half of TWD fans love him and rick? I mean seriously this is ridiculous. Although I’ll still watch TWD no matter what ima be crying my eyes out. He takes care of Judith and the group I mean seriously?! The script is horrible sometimes.