Nancy Grace Shocks Father With News Missing Son Was Found Alive

Thu, June 26, 2014 11:51am EDT by 9 Comments

Nancy Grace stunned Charles Bothuell IV on live television when she revealed that his son, Charlie, 11, had been found alive— in his own basement.

Charles Bothuell IV sat down for an interview with Nancy Grace on June 25 to discuss his son, Charlie, 11, who had been missing since June 14. However, moments before Nancy’s interview with the distraught father, she received disturbing information about his son’s whereabouts. Click inside to watch Charles’ reaction to his son being found.

Nancy Grace Stuns Baffled Father On Live Television

Wow. What an insane moment for live television.

On June 25, legal news correspondent Nancy Grace delivered some very shocking information to the father of a missing 11-year-old boy from Detroit, Michigan.

When Charles Bothuell IV sat down for a live interview with Nancy, he had no idea that she was about to reveal his missing son’s location — and the news that the little boy was ALIVE.

“Charlie, we are getting reports that your son has been found… in your basement,” Nancy reveals at the very beginning of the interview.

Charles’ expression changes dramatically as Nancy makes this shocking statement, and he is instantly at a loss for words. To be fair, Nancy is just as baffled by this news as Charles is.

Of course, she immediately questions Charles about the whereabouts of his son, and he reveals that his entire home was searched multiple times.

“I checked my basement, the FBI checked my basement, the Detroit Police checked my basement, my wife checked my basement. I’ve been down there several times. We’ve all been checking,” Charles tells Nancy as he gasps for the right words.

Nancy Grace Stuns Baffled Father On Live Television

As Charles was preparing for an interview with Nancy, Detroit Police discovered his son behind a barricade of boxes in his father’s basement.

Apparently, the young man was found with “cereal and soda” nearby, reports NBC.

“I’ve never seen anything quite like this, but the outcome – I couldn’t be happier.” Detroit Police Chief James Craig told the press after the boy was found.

He also shared that it was unlikely Charlie would have been able to build the barricade he was hidden behind.

Shortly after being found, Charlie was removed from the home to receive proper medical treatment. There is no word on whether or not the investigation into the boys whereabouts for 11 days will go on.

– Lauren Cox

More Videos:

1. Adorable Korean Baby Shows Off Hilarious Dance Moves — Video
  2. Boy, 4, Saved By Family Cat During Vicious Dog Attack — Video
  3. Mom Knocks Toddler Over With Booty Bump In Hilarious Video — Watch

Bellicose

Posted at 7:10 AM on June 27, 2014

So fake! Further proof that these “news” networks are nothing more than staged reality tv for the purpose of ratings. Nancy Grace sickens me. And I thought Nic Cage was a bad actor.

CarolO

Posted at 7:01 AM on June 27, 2014

I hope dad isn’t planning on an acting career anytime in the future. This reminds me of “balloon boys” daddy. And really, this must be some basement that no one could find that kid after several searches.

Angel

Posted at 10:52 PM on June 26, 2014

I am confused..why was he on Nancy Grace? I have heard nothing about a missing 11 year old child..and the child is AA and we all know the AA children are the least focused agenda for missing children..Something is fishy about this..Again why did Nancy Grace chose his story when hardly any one in the nation knew about it..

Madtoe

Posted at 10:38 PM on June 26, 2014

I think Nancy Grace was wrong for announcing that the Father’s son was found without notified to the father. Plus, usually the polices or the investigators keep their mouth shout until it proven

Madtoe

Posted at 10:50 PM on June 26, 2014

I m mean; plus, usually the polices or the investigators keep their mouth shut until it proven

JC

Posted at 9:09 PM on June 26, 2014

Actually the father did not ask if he was alive or ok, because the 2nd sentence that Nancy said to him before he ever could muster a word was that his son was found alive in his basement. Watch the video again!!!! I think the man was just in shock. It’s Kind of a shocker for anyone finding out shocking information! I’m not convenced the father had anything to do with this or even knowledge of it. However I have more concerns about the step mother!! It’s the famous scenario that is seen all too often by step parents. It’s a sad reality!!

DD

Posted at 12:26 PM on June 26, 2014

If the kid did this, his backside needs tanned.

Madtoe

Posted at 10:46 PM on June 26, 2014

I hope not.

chanise janel

Posted at 12:05 AM on June 27, 2014

it says they don’t think the kid could’ve built the barricade he was behind… so who built it? and why is it questionable if the investigation will continue. someone had that kid.