Whether you’re planning for prom, graduation, or a fancy dinner party, there will always be a special occasion where you really want your hair to have that little extra something. Two HollywoodLifers, Leilah and her best friend Kerri, got prom makeovers and are showing us some great examples of glamorous looks for any formal occasion!
Leilah and best friend Kerri were at the Louis Licari Salon getting ready for the formal event of high school — prom! These ladies and their stylists gave us tons of prom-speration! We’ve got expert tips on how to get your own salon-inspired look at home!
Celebrity Inspired Hairstyles For Prom — Get Leilah & Kerri’s Super Sweet Prom ‘Dos
Let’s be honest, we all love the idea of going to a formal event. From the killer dresses to the dolled up hair, everyone loves a good excuse to get together with friends while dressed to the nines.
The only problem is that sometimes it can be a little stressful to find that perfect look!
A lot of thought has to go into looking just right! But not to fret! For those of you who are feeling this strain, look no further for inspiration. Recently, two of our favorite prom-goers, Leilah and her best friend Kerri, headed to the Louis Licari salon for pretty hair and makeup for the big night.
The two girls took very different but equally beautiful approaches to their hair, and we could not get over how amazing they looked!
Kerri chose a half up, half down style that really showed off her long and strong chocolate locks! The curled ends of her hair were super shiny and defined, polishing everything off beautifully. Her hair was paired with a bold cat eye, and a peach lip for a soft and sweet prom look.
Leilah chose something that was a little more dramatic. This trendy teen had some subtle blonde highlights added that really popped in her sideswept pony. Leilah also finished off her look with super defined ringlets for a fun and flirty updo.
For makeup, Leilah chose a lovely lavender eyeshadow and pink lip for a summery pastel palette that was to-die-for!
Grab Leilah’s Curly Side Swept Look In 5 Easy To Do Steps
These lovely ladies were lucky enough to hit the salon before their big night, but we realize that this is not always possible for everyone.
For those of you who will be styling your own hair, Louis Licari stylist Rey Rose showed us how to nab your own Leilah-inspired side pony in five easy steps.
1) Start by blow drying hair to add some volume. Make sure to lightly spray each section of hair with hairspray to hold.
2) Using your curling iron, wrap hair around the barrel in alternating directions for a beach wave effect.
3) Start twisting and pinning the roll until you get to the nape and secure with a rubber band.
4) Secure flyaways with bobby pins. For a little extra sparkle, try a decorative crystal comb!
5) Spray with light hairspray or a texturizing dry shampoo for long-lasting wear.
These girls looked amazing in their curly prom styles, and we know that you will too, no matter the occasion!
What do you think, HollywoodLifers? Will you be trying out one of these formal looks? Tell us below!
— Sage Baisden
More Beauty News:
- Miranda Lambert Straight Hair Vs. Carrie Underwood’s Curls — Vote
- Kourtney Kardashian’s Summer Glow & Beachy Waves — Get The Look
- Kim Kardashian’s Blonde Wig & Tan Skin — Her Fave Tanner Revealed