Gary Oldman Disses Philip Seymour Hoffman: He Was A ‘Pale,’ ‘Fat Kid’

Tue, June 24, 2014 10:36am EST by 6 Comments
Gary Oldman Disses Philip Seymour Hoffman
Getty

Jimbo

Posted at 11:32 PM on June 27, 2014

Oh and Carmen that’s a real witty saying. Must have been really hard to think of that. Real individual. You couldn’t even sit down and have a conversation with the likes of Oldman. You would be a bore.

Carmen

Posted at 3:52 PM on June 27, 2014

You can take trash out of the ghetto, but you can never take the ghetto out of the trash

BW

Posted at 11:58 PM on June 25, 2014

Good for Gary Oldman – the man is a screen icon. He should be able to say whatever the hell he wants to. Not really keen on the Gibson statement – but otherwise- so be it. Hollywood worships satan – so they should have no rights, as they recycle the same films over and over again just to make moey from the next generation ( footloose, teenage mutant, red dawn). Wake UP!!!

Denise

Posted at 8:34 PM on June 24, 2014

Gary has a bit of a point, but some things you just shouldn’t say in an interview, or in public.
I myself have never said any of those words to anyone, in anger or otherwise.
I was taught better then that and in turn have taught my children the same.
If each one teaches one, then maybe these words will one day not exist.
In our world we have to work with people from all walks of life.
If you are mad at someone, there are ways of getting your point across without resorting to any of those words.
What bothers me about Gary is that he seemed pretty comfortable using any and all of those words.
Alec Baldwin is an idiot!
He let’s the paps push his buttons.
He should just hire security to make sure he can move around the streets comfortably and ignore anything the bloodsucking paps yell at him. He has made them a lot of money by feeding into what they yell at him.
If you give them nothing, the pics won’t be very interesting. They make no money and you
(the celeb) wins.
The paps want money. If they can’t get you to do something that makes good pictures. They lose!
I have heard some of the stuff they yell at the celebs, but they can’t feed into it. Put on blinders and keep moving.
It’s so much better for the stars involved.

BW

Posted at 4:54 AM on June 27, 2014

True. U smart. He must have been on coke.

Okiedokie

Posted at 1:32 PM on June 24, 2014

You can say those things if you want, and you won’t go to jail for saying them. But I, and a lot of other people, will think you’re a complete, bigoted jerk, and you don’t get immunity from being called out on those things. I’ve gone all my life without using those slurs, and I don’t respect people who feel a need to use them.

If Mel isn’t getting work, that’s his own fault (it’s not like there’s not any other talent out there). Don’t be a curmudgeon. I’m older than you, and I manage not to be.