Tim Howard has shown some pretty impressive skills on the soccer field in the 2014 World Cup by keeping other teams from getting the ball in the back of the U.S. net. So how much do you know about the soccer star? Well, here’s 5 things you MUST know about the USMNT’s goalie!
U.S. goalkeeper, Tim Howard, 35, has had us all up on our feet and cheering this season — making incredible saves for the US Men’s National Soccer Team. HollywoodLife.com has rounded up 5 things you need to know about the USMNT’s goalkeeper.
Tim Howard: 5 Things To Know About USMNT’s Goalkeeper
1. Looks like we have a Jersey boy on our hands! Tim was born in North Brunswick, New Jersey. He attended both private school at Montclair Kimberley Academy and North Brunswick Township High School.
2. Tim is married to Laura Howard and they have two kids together — daughter Alivia and son Jacob.
3. When Tim was in sixth grade, he was diagnosed with Tourette Syndrome. “While training and during a match, I may develop a pronounced twitch in one of my arms, or my neck or one of my eyes. It is usually very sudden. Sometimes I start coughing, or individual muscles contract,” he told Spiegal Online.
4. When Tim was on the MetroStars, at the age of 22, he became the youngest player to win the MLS Goalkeeper of the Year award. That’s pretty impressive! Later, he was called to the MLS All-Star Team!
5. This is pretty cool! Howard scored his first professional goal, as a goalie, against Bolton Wanderers. This made him the fourth goalkeeper to score a goal in the Premier League.
Will The USMNT Advance To The Next Round?
After their heart-breaking tie, 2-2, against Portugal, the USMNT still stands a high chance to make it to the next round. As of now, they stand in second place with 4 points behind Germany. It all comes down to the match against Germany on June 26, and the match between Portugal and Ghana on June 26 , as well. Let’s see what happens!
Hey, HollywoodLifers! Tim Howard seems pretty cool, right? Do you want the USMNT to go all the way and win? Let us hear your thoughts!
— Sammi Errico